1. Hi @Mercy I have read your post several times, sorry, some points are not clear to me.

Like Frostmurne this server will have a beginning and an end.

- What realm will our chars end up in at the end of the cycle?
    Icecrown is a constantly capped server, it's old. Is there a possibility that our chars go to a new server? It makes no sense to send other users there.

- What is the estimated time frame for the completion of this season?
    I guess it takes about a year and a half. Right?

- With a shop system like Icecrown and a x5 xp rate don't you think it's all too simple?
    Personally I would prefer a server more like Lordaeron. I believe 3x xp may be acceptable for everyone. Perhaps by increasing the prices of the shop system. Maybe still, bringing the difficulty rating of the dungeons higher, just like on Lordaeron.

I'm waiting your comment. Thank you.
    Well, considering the details presented so far I believe it's going to be 6 months each expansion, maybe? So a year and a half probably more depending on how they decide to update things. It'll be x5 but you will be able to choose x3 too, I believe x5 is perfect for pvp and pvers alike, we all went through this type of game with its contents tens of times or even hundreds of times. The faster the better if there are no major changes to quests or quest zones (custom content, which is very unlikely to come out from Warmane devs).

2. I don't know why those people that want wpvp so badly thinks that wpvp will die if RDF happens to be at vanilla era. I think you just don't play at warmane now, or blizz classic realms, because the wpvp happens all the way. What do you guys want, a full time bg at all places?

Don't get me wrong, I like pvp a lot, but this IS a side thing on the game. I mean, we are all going to play a seasonal realm that progress through the PvE content, not PvP one.

RDF will just happen to be a quality of life that aid people that can't play all day long, how I think you guys that only want wpvp may do all day. If you guys really played vanilla, you should know how vexing is to from a group for a low level dungeon, just to complete a quest with good rewards and good xp value. I know it will be x5, or maybe x3 if they listen some of us, as I agree x3 is a good rating too, so this will be not an issue, but you should think on people that will not start on day one.

3. In TBC and WotLK wPvP is bad because you have fly mounts.
    But if you don't understand that wPvP is big part of vanila , you are fired. :D
    RDF in vanila hmmm...sounds great. gj . I hope it works fine.
    What I want for rates: exp x2 prof. x1 rep. x1 . with more powerfull rested exp to a bonus of x7 that can fill all the way to 60 lvl , not only 2 lvls (but only works when you are offline, not for alts while you play your main). That's for ppl that don't have much time.
    About the names:
    PvP: Onyxia is fine.
    PvE: ShinyButterfree

4. Will the exp potentially stay at x1 to actually live the full experience!? that would be so great
    Only a few percent of the population wants to experience 1x, so you can set 1x rate and we will paly with 5x rate.

Don't force your opinion on us and be tolerant. The server will allow you to play according to your requirements (1x rate).

5. I look at Blizzard's Classic Servers, where every PvP server (minus I think one that is the exception to the rule) where PvP servers became 90-95%+ one faction...because the lower pop faction couldn't do ANYTHING and eventually gave up/transfered off. Players literally wPvP'd the servers to the point where wPvP is gone.

The only way I see to fix that is to allow wPvP to those who want it (and flag for it)...while not chasing away the people who don't...and giving the players that are so disadvantaged by faction imbalance and other game/server-design issues a breather that lets them play the rest of the game without being a punching bag for someone else's enjoyment.

6. @protorean well i think it's time to say good bye to my illusion to be top dps ret paladin on Dung and raids...and go like the standard spec as healer 'cause the ret spec on Vanilla is not very welcome on raids and dungeons :c

7. Here to show support for the 3x experience - People will be raid logging within the week at 5x. Maybe even 4x. 5 is just a little much.

I'd like to see the "Random Dungeon Finder" removed, by that I mean specificially the mode where it puts the user in a random dungeon and they get a huge EXP boost at the end and a bag of loot.

I think that the queueable is good, but players should select individual dungeons instead of "Random Dungeons" because of the huge EXP gain at the end and those ugly blue freebie items.

8. Can the XP rate be changed like we can on icecrown or is it fixed at 5 ?

9. Can the XP rate be changed like we can on icecrown or is it fixed at 5 ?
    I'm very confident that no matter what the highest rate will be, the option to change it to x0.5, x1, etc. would be included.

10. Hi @Mercy I have read your post several times, sorry, some points are not clear to me.

Like Frostmurne this server will have a beginning and an end.

- What realm will our chars end up in at the end of the cycle?
    Icecrown is a constantly capped server, it's old. Is there a possibility that our chars go to a new server? It makes no sense to send other users there.

- What is the estimated time frame for the completion of this season?
    I guess it takes about a year and a half. Right?

- With a shop system like Icecrown and a x5 xp rate don't you think it's all too simple?
    Personally I would prefer a server more like Lordaeron. I believe 3x xp may be acceptable for everyone. Perhaps by increasing the prices of the shop system. Maybe still, bringing the difficulty rating of the dungeons higher, just like on Lordaeron.

I'm waiting your comment. Thank you.
    I'm no Mercy, and these are mere speculations:

Characters would go to Icecrown. Don't see why higher rate/store access characters would get a free pass to no-store x1 rate Lordaeron.

1.5 years for 3 expansions sounds rather quick, hectic and not really alt friendly. 6 months per expansion doesn't really give people time to raid, and why would they, next patch within within few weeks. TBC alone lasted longer from Jan 17, 2007 to Nov 12, 2008. Harder raiding content would put steeper curve to whom would get raiding spots. With people being "worried" of dead specs in vanilla, it would further drive people to only play meta.

Running servers costs $$$, and Icecrown's store seems to be the one working the most for the Warmane. IIRC somebody said Frostmourne's model wasn't that profitable, so I can see why store similar to Icecrown's* is chosen for the new server. *Frostmourne-Icecrown -hybrid.

No, x3 isn't acceptable for everyone. There's no rate that's acceptable for everyone. It's been debated for 54 pages here alone.

Doubt there's going to be custom difficulties added.

11. People seem interested in lowering the XP rates from 5x to 1x. Something tells me these are the same people who just rush through the leveling experience anyways trying to reach max level as fast a possible/faster than everyone else.

You can always adjust your XP rate to whatever you desire if you think 5x is too high.

12. It's hard to please all.. The initial information is a good start and during Beta I'm sure adjustments will be made necessary.

People can lower their XP rate if they like. Yes, levelling in Vanilla is most of the experience, although, equally having a good rate up to x5 allows people to get 60 within a reasonable time and potentially level new alts should they wish. If anything, having something like x7 for Vanilla, x5 for TBC & x3 for Wrath would make sense logically.

If you look at Classic/Classic Era servers and almost every other Vanilla pserver PvP is the way to go especially with RDF introduced, if you don't want to level in the open world you have the option to use RDF.

Has anyone made an Warmane Onxyia Discord? If so please kindly link.

13. IMO the best way to end the PVE or PVP drama is make the server pvp, but make people unable to attack other players 2 or 3 levels lower than him. This should prevent ganking but still allow players to fight for nodes/herbs and do worldpvp. (BTW, i dont even know if what i suggested is possible to do in a regular 3.3.5 client)

14. 1.5 years for 3 expansions sounds rather quick, hectic and not really alt friendly. 6 months per expansion doesn't really give people time to raid, and why would they, next patch within within few weeks. TBC alone lasted longer from Jan 17, 2007 to Nov 12, 2008. Harder raiding content would put steeper curve to whom would get raiding spots. With people being "worried" of dead specs in vanilla, it would further drive people to only play meta.
    Or it could be different lenght for different expansions for example launch Phase1 and Phase2 could be a lot shorter, because there is not much to do anyways.
    5x rate you level up fast and what do you have? MC and Onyxia, attunement is not that hard for MC, Onyxia is a pain, but it's only 1 dragon, so you don't miss much either way.
    Phase2 brings nothing for most people, dire maul won't take you months of farming.
    These first 2 patches should be short, then BWL a bit longer, ZG similar to BWL, AQ a bit longer and NAXX patch the longest.
    But yes, 6 months for an expansion is too short imo, but more importantly: if it was 6 months and 6 phases, then Phase1=3 weeks, Phase2=2 weeks; Phase3=3 weeks; Phase4=4weeks; Phase5=5weeks and the rest for Phase6 (7 weeks if I counted right)

So longest time for the phase with the most things to do.

15. Thank you for responding promptly, I appreciate it very much anyway.

I'm sorry the characters go to Icecrown again. However, I would have preferred to give new life to the servers and not "force" users to use a several years old server, but okay.. I accept it.

Contrary to what you think, I'm glad that the passage between expansions is long, I prefer it! I am also in favor, as written below, of a reduction in exp precisely to ensure that it is not a leveling competition, from 5x to 3x.

As for monetization, I understand that Warmane is not a charity, but they have to somehow bear the cost of running it. I was wondering if there was a workaround to not create such a large gap between players. Selling a Shadowmourne doesn't seem like the right choice to me.
    I would aim for mounts, basic crafting items, cosmetics, no queue enter, items/tickets that boost the exp of those without time for 3x exp. In short, create an alternative market.

Thank you again @OhieMitzen for your time, but I'm waiting you @Mercy.

First ... 444525354555664104 ... Last