BestMarine
    You should stack haste until your GBC is reduced to 1sec(i'm not really sure which is the cap)...i think around 1.4k.If you're demo with 38.%+spellstone you are capped but if you are affli/destro you should continue stacking.
    Nah for destro im sure you should stop stacking haste on 38%. And the haste necessary to reduce gcd to 1 sec is 50%. So if you have more than that (+hero/bl) you are going to lose dps with each instant spell, but idk if that is significative. Maybe with glyph of quick decay i should go with more haste, till i get 1sec shadow bolt, with or without hero/bl idk.
    I would like to see other opinions.

BlackAdderx
    Soft cap to get GCD of all spells to 1 second is
    50% haste.. In a raid environment with moonkin aura/totem and swift retribution, it comes down to 38.7% haste.. (equivalent of 1269 rating with spellstone on)

During normal phase,
    1. shadowbolt - 1.7 seconds without BL and 1.3 seconds with BL
    2. molten-cored incinerate - 1.17 seconds without BL and gets GCD capped during BL - 1 second..

During decimation phase,
    1. soulfire - 1.6 seconds without hero/BL and 1.2 seconds with it

As you can see, only one of your main nukes becomes GCD capped (and that during hero/BL only)..
    Stacking haste beyond this point isnt such a bad idea TBH, as it will still lower the cast time of all our fillers..
    If you want to switch out spellstone for firestone, make sure you get 1269 haste without spellstone.. At that point firestone might be more dps since it boosts soulfire, incinerate and SB by 1%, not to mention the ~5% bonus crit

Amera
    Omg so much purple! :O

Violinist
    Soft cap to get GCD of all spells to 1 second is
    50% haste.. In a raid environment with moonkin aura/totem and swift retribution, it comes down to 38.7% haste.. (equivalent of 1269 rating with spellstone on)

During normal phase,
    1. shadowbolt - 1.7 seconds without BL and 1.3 seconds with BL
    2. molten-cored incinerate - 1.17 seconds without BL and gets GCD capped during BL - 1 second..

During decimation phase,
    1. soulfire - 1.6 seconds without hero/BL and 1.2 seconds with it

As you can see, only one of your main nukes becomes GCD capped (and that during hero/BL only)..
    Stacking haste beyond this point isnt such a bad idea TBH, as it will still lower the cast time of all our fillers..
    If you want to switch out spellstone for firestone, make sure you get 1269 haste without spellstone.. At that point firestone might be more dps since it boosts soulfire, incinerate and SB by 1%, not to mention the ~5% bonus crit
    My suggestion would be to get your haste down to the point where SF is 1 sec under BL. I dont remember the exact value but, if ur raid normally BLs @ 35% then it would be optimal to do the most DPS.
    ---------------------------------
    Omg so much purple! :O
    Purple OP!!

BestMarine
    Thank you very much for your inputs. I think i dont have to worry with "excessive" haste :D

My suggestion would be to get your haste down to the point where SF is 1 sec under BL.
    With 5%+3% (totem+aura) and heroism i still would need 2319 haste to get SF to 1sec. Thats unreachable i think.

6. Thank you very much for your inputs. I think i dont have to worry with "excessive" haste :D

With 5%+3% (totem+aura) and heroism i still would need 2319 haste to get SF to 1sec. Thats unreachable i think.

nope...i am 90% sure that he was talking about the cast time of soulfire during decimation phase ...where the cast time is reduced by 40%. ofc if u are demonology and u have 2/2 in Decimation.

TechStreme
    I remember when I was playing with demo with around 1400 haste that SF on decimation and BL + moonkin and totem was 0.9 or even 0.8s cast.

Nagast

Question

Really helpful and great guide Violinist! Ty for your efforts!

Kinda offtopic here but didnt have 10 posts yet to open a new thread: I have a 80 Lock and a DK here on Molten, Im trying to decide which one to use in the future as a main character, my Lock is demo and my DK is frost. I really like them both and they fit my playstyle too but Im not too familiar with end-game content tho Im playing since release (I just stopped for a while). So Im asking you pros out there whats your suggestions? Which one performs better in raids/dungeons or which one is more needed? (Also Im planning to get Blood Tank spec on my DK to provide more support to my future guildmates)
    I know it's hard to choose between classes becouse its a personal decision but I really look forward to your comments!

Thanks in advance! Peace. :cool:

TechStreme
    Tanks are easy to find for raid... demo locks arent in most cases.
    And if you include fact that like 50% of characters on servers are DK or pala.

BestMarine
    nope...i am 90% sure that he was talking about the cast time of soulfire during decimation phase ...where the cast time is reduced by 40%. ofc if u are demonology and u have 2/2 in Decimation.
    Check this table
    May be the guy has wrong math..

BlackAdderx
    I remember when I was playing with demo with around 1400 haste that SF on decimation and BL + moonkin and totem was 0.9 or even 0.8s cast.
    then that would be a bug and needed to be reported to the tracker immediately.. you have screen shots?

he is right. it takes 2319 haste to get soulfire to 1 sec during decimation+BL+moonkin aura+swift retribution.. you cant argue with math..
    if you feel the actual cast times in molten are lesser, do provide the screenshots and may be we can get the devs to take a look at it

Violinist
    then that would be a bug and needed to be reported to the tracker immediately.. you have screen shots?
    It was probably pre - haste nerf... i mean fix ;) and the math is correct you cannot get to 1 sec. I would refrase what i said before to say get it as close to 1 sec as you can without gemming pure haste or smthing like tht.

BestMarine
    Talking about haste i see you chose PotNL HC instead of DFO HC for donor gear. Why? Better proc for demo locks? And you consider RotD better than PotNL for non donor.. maybe because of spellpower for less geared ppl?
    Thanks for answering all my boring questions :p

BlackAdderx
    Talking about haste i see you chose PotNL HC instead of DFO HC for donor gear. Why? Better proc for demo locks? And you consider RotD better than PotNL for non donor.. maybe because of spellpower for less geared ppl?
    Thanks for answering all my boring questions :p
    POTNL has a much better proc than all other available in-game trinkets.. the problem is that POTNL provides crit instead of haste.. If you have other sources of haste, you can choose POTNL hc over DFO hc (CTS hc is still better though)

With the BiS donor gear he has suggested, the lock will get 1585 haste without DFO hc.. I think there it makes sense..

Also, about normal RotD vs normal Phylactery:
    Normal phylactery has a 30% chance of proccing from each dot tick.. lets say it procs within 5 seconds as soon as its ICD gets over.. it would have an average spell power of
    (20/105)*1074 = 204 passive spell power equivalent + 152 crit

Normal Reign of the Dead gives a flat 150 spell power and a proc that does 200-400 dps by its own in ICC

Seeker
    I arrived at the same BiS set (with the exception of trinkets) and also have the same talent choices :)
    I'm currently building my warlock's gears as an alternate in my guild though.

Quick tip for people who doubt the utility and potential of Demonology, it's actually outperforming Affliction and Destruction in both short and long boss encounters.

First ... 4567816 ... Last