1. And about trinkets, i think dbw is quite good since all procs are suitable; 700haste is super , 1200 ap imba and 700agi gives crit and ap. Im using dbw and sts

2. proc is great but the icd and passive arp are not worth .other trinks with better passive .unless u want burst dmg its not worth it

3. I did some testing comparin Whispering Fanged Skull, Sharpened Twilight Scale, DBW, Herkumi Wartoken and TaiJ.

It seems that Wfs and Herkumi or Wfs and STS is BIS. I tried different combinations but those 2 gave the best results. TaiJ was always worst.

Then some questions: what is "crit cap" for assasination and is there some Hastecap aswell?

4. Crit cap is the same as for all melee classes; 100% - 24%(Glancing hits) - X(Dodge chance) - X(Miss chance) - 4.8%. The haste "cap" would be around 7000%. But more like there's no haste cap for melees, as you can get melee swings down to almost 0.
    Edited: October 18, 2016

5. i worded it wrongly. I was about the ask will taiaj will proc off of mutilate ? will it count as 2 melee hits or doesnt proc at all ?
    Also the vanish doesnt break me out of combat so the potion doesnt reset, unless u vanish and doesnt attack half a second. is stealth is kinda broken here in general ?

6. So if you're around 5k gs howmuch dps should you do as an assassination rogue, as I feel that I lack dps.

7. Depends on multiple factors such as Raid comp, hit cap, spell-hit cap, haste, the actual raid difficulty itself among other things.
    Generally Assassination is a steady dps'er never spiking never dropping if you give a link to your rogues armory people can advise you further.

8. 1. Crit rating and hit rating are two stats that need to be syncronized otherwise this is what happens:
    - have crit strike excess: your hit rating is too low for the crit you have, so you are not giving auto attacks the best % hit chance.
    - have hit excess: your crit rating is too low, so normal "auto attacks" will start appearing in reccount -> No Focused Strikes procs -> lower dps.

2. We know that end game gear spec is 51/18/2. That is what I`m using, but I dropped 2 points from Cut to the Chase and put them in Turn the Tables for more crit on Mutilate for more Seal Fate talent procs and overall dmg.(http://prntscr.com/d30ebk)

My bis list:
    Race: Human -> Night elf / Horde -> Troll.
    1. 4xt10
    2. Sindragosa 25hc neck
    3. Gunship25hc chest + cloak
    4. PP 25hc belt
    5. Marrowgar ring (hit haste) 25hc + Ashen
    6. TaJ + WFS (requires hit gemming)
    7. Rs25hc wrist
    8. Marrowgar boots 25hc

Weapons: Double Lungbreaker 1.4 speed, Deadly poison MH / Instant OH.

With BiS gear, my rogue has 402 hit rating without any hit gems or enchants.

At bis gear I had to put 1x34 and 1x 20 ap 10 hit gem in gear, other than that gemming goes like this:
    - yellow: 20 haste (in belt you put 3x20 haste, ignore bonus).
    - red: 20 ap 10 haste

---------------------------------------------------

With this setup, I managed to break my personal record of dps on dummy and reached 7.500 average dps.

If you desire to use STS hc, you will gem like I mentioned without any hit rating gems/enchants.

You guys should do all your setups as you wish, and try to break 7500 dps on dummy. It`s the best I could reach. (it spiked a bit to 8k aswell, which is huge).

Here is my setup added in spreadsheet: https://ufile.io/6b320
    Edited: November 4, 2016 Reason: updated spec + added links.

9. 1. Crit rating and hit rating are two stats that need to be syncronized otherwise this is what happens:
    - have crit strike excess: your hit rating is too low for the crit you have, so you are not giving auto attacks the best % hit chance.
    - have hit excess: your crit rating is too low, so normal "auto attacks" will start appearing in reccount -> No Focused Strikes procs -> lower dps.

2. We know that end game gear spec is 51/18/2. That is what I`m using, but I dropped 2 points from Cut to the Chase and put them in Turn the Tables for more crit on Mutilate for more Seal Fate talent procs and overall dmg.(http://prntscr.com/d30ebk)

My bis list:
    Race: Human -> Night elf / Horde -> Troll.
    1. 4xt10
    2. Sindragosa 25hc neck
    3. Gunship25hc chest + cloak
    4. PP 25hc belt
    5. Marrowgar ring (hit haste) 25hc + Ashen
    6. TaJ + WFS (requires hit gemming)
    7. Rs25hc wrist
    8. Marrowgar boots 25hc

With BiS gear, my rogue has 402 hit rating without any hit gems or enchants.

At bis gear I had to put 1x34 and 1x 20 ap 10 hit gem in gear, other than that gemming goes like this:
    - yellow: 20 haste (in belt you put 3x20 haste, ignore bonus).
    - red: 20 ap 10 haste

---------------------------------------------------

With this setup, I managed to break my personal record of dps on dummy and reached 7.500 average dps.

If you desire to use STS hc, you will gem like I mentioned without any hit rating gems/enchants.

You guys should do all your setups as you wish, and try to break 7500 dps on dummy. It`s the best I could reach. (it spiked a bit to 8k aswell, which is huge).

Here is my setup added in spreadsheet: https://ufile.io/6b320
    You should try to put 40ap to all red gems and 20ap 10 haste to yellow, i got better dps with that. Envenom is bugged aswell so if you put 2 x 1,8 weps you get more muti damage. Im not bis and having about 6,2k gs, i do 6300 dps selfbuffed. As trinkets i use Wfs and STS

10. Try to give it a try on dummy (lvl 83), and tell dps. Try reaching 7k.

How is Envenom bugged btw? It`s not giving proper application rate increase?

11. Its said to lower your increase to proc poisons instead of increasing it. Atleast some combat rogues have almost same poison procs/boss like assasins. Id love to hear how those ap gems do for you, if you decide to test, please post result here :)

12. Its said to lower your increase to proc poisons instead of increasing it. Atleast some combat rogues have almost same poison procs/boss like assasins. Id love to hear how those ap gems do for you, if you decide to test, please post result here :)
    Well, I will never go AP gems, I believe the best gameplay would be to go like I mentioned. Give it a try

13. http://imgur.com/TzmGjaI 60.98% instant poison proc chance while using 1.8 daggers.
    the thing is. you do lose some proc hits at the start of an encounter while building DP stacks and CP for the first envenom. thus the proc chance might be higher. this needs testing.
    Edited: November 6, 2016

14. Btw, why you put deadly in MH and instant in OH? and what enchants you use for weapons, double berserk or berserk and black magic?

15. Btw, why you put deadly in MH and instant in OH? and what enchants you use for weapons, double berserk or berserk and black magic?
    If you have same weapon speed weapons it doesn't matter where the poisons are. Double berserk is the best.

^don't go dis pls. As Instant Poison PPM depends on weapon speed the faster it is the less chance it has to proc.

Its said to lower your increase to proc poisons instead of increasing it. Atleast some combat rogues have almost same poison procs/boss like assasins. Id love to hear how those ap gems do for you, if you decide to test, please post result here :)
    Cause assassins're going 4+ CP Envenom instead of 3+CP. The less time you have Evi buff up the less procs u gona get it's simple..
    http://prnt.sc/d3rgvr assassination spec 60.24% instant poison proc chance
    http://prnt.sc/d3rqvt combat 48.2% instant poison proc chance. (Proc chance = instant poison procs/(melee non missed hits + sinister strikes + h&s + eviscerates). I got 52% proc chance for MH, SS, Evi and H&S hits and 46% for OH for instant poison to be applied.
    So it works fine..
    Edited: November 6, 2016

First ... 67891018 ... Last