1. Any idea how long the beta will run? Rough estimate? Will the beta have different stages like instead of lvl 60 testing, reset to level 1 start and have people try that for a bit?

2. There's a reason it's overkill for vanilla. There aren't as many things to do in Vanilla as there are in TBC and Wrath. The biggest thing in vanilla is leveling from 1-60 in the first place, so if you take that away, then there's hardly any substance left besides end game raiding. Vanilla raids are the easiest raids in existence, as a matter of them being the first raids ever created, so higher rates on vanilla will lead to the server dying much faster. The end game of vanilla will go stale a lot quicker than it does in TBC / Wrath, so lower rates help lengthen the time of enjoyment. As I've said before, the reason lowering your own rate isn't a great excuse is because it incentivizes everyone speed running to end game as to not get left behind or have to deal with people who rush to 60 in order to grief lower levels. If you don't like leveling in the first place, I'd argue WoW isn't the game for you. Why have levels at all and not just skip to 60 with that logic?
    People really seem to love vanilla while saying how terrible it is in the end.
    Lower rates would mean you get ganked more, since you level slower. Griefers would love it even more. Would also wager that would force people to choose meta classes more, as who would want to spend a month leveling only to be told "No, shouldn't have made dead class" at the raid entrance.
    Raids, pvp, reputations, mount farming, pet farming, doing all the quests, professions. It's not only raids at max level, it never is. With higher rates, rolling an alt doesn't sound so tedious chore.

Lowering rate isn't great, because people would level faster and then maybe proceed to grief? Maybe during the first few weeks. After that it's business as usual. Or do few quick 60's first and then make alts with x1.

People enjoy different things, so you shouldn't assume lower rates would lengthen the time of enjoyment (leveling). It would only lengthen one aspect of the experience.

3. People really seem to love vanilla while saying how terrible it is in the end.
    Lower rates would mean you get ganked more, since you level slower. Griefers would love it even more. Would also wager that would force people to choose meta classes more, as who would want to spend a month leveling only to be told "No, shouldn't have made dead class" at the raid entrance.
    Raids, pvp, reputations, mount farming, pet farming, doing all the quests, professions. It's not only raids at max level, it never is. With higher rates, rolling an alt doesn't sound so tedious chore.

Lowering rate isn't great, because people would level faster and then maybe proceed to grief? Maybe during the first few weeks. After that it's business as usual. Or do few quick 60's first and then make alts with x1.

People enjoy different things, so you shouldn't assume lower rates would lengthen the time of enjoyment (leveling). It would only lengthen one aspect of the experience.
    Tell me you've never played vanilla without telling me u've never played vanilla

Terrible takes; most of yall should just wait for the WOTLK and play it for the 100th time i

4. Would be nice to play the server, but most people are getting blocked

5. add gathering professions abilities: Lifeblood, Toughness and Master of Anatomy

6. Tell me you've never played vanilla without telling me u've never played vanilla

Terrible takes; most of yall should just wait for the WOTLK and play it for the 100th time i
    did you play vanilla 2003 and 2018? please tell us what happen back in 2018 with vanilla classic super hard content.

7. what the hell is wrong with server geting "locked account but can be unlocked " :D playing with 2 accounts in same time for crafting on onyxia and just got locked account :D

8. I've had plenty of people willing to come when I am ganked repeatedly, but that doesn't make the experience of a person getting killed in STV/Tanaris every few minutes by max characters any more enjoyable. I started WoW in Vanilla, on a normal realm. I enjoy PvP, but only when I want to play that. When I join a bg I wouldn't care if I got repeatedly killed by the other faction, but most of the time I play now I just want to level alts, farm profs, or do a bg/raid. Lordaeron and Icecrown are unplayable for my playstyle. I have maybe 2-4 hours a week to play a game I've enjoyed for about 20 years, or any game. wPvP is of no interest to me because no one fights fairly. People only attack if they have hundreds of points of gs higher than their victim, or tens of levels. Rarely do I ever encounter someone on equal footing, and if I do I am faced with 2+ max level characters to contend with for the next 30+ minutes because some people can't stand losing to an equal. I don't play here anymore because they don't offer a server that allows my casual playstyle and very busy life. I game to escape the stresses of my work and life, for an hour or so a couple times a week, I am not trying to be unnecessarily stressed during my downtime, defeats the purpose of downtime. If this server doesn't go live as PvE I won't be here, again. Frostmourne brought me back, Onyxia could keep be back for years...
    No worries...real life is similar for me. If I'm "outside" I'm always scanning, always watching people for threats. That level of anxiety and paranoia is exhausting. Sometimes I play games that have an aspect of that...call it exposure therapy...but most of the time? I just want to escape and relax. These wPvP ganker chads don't care. They just wanna find an easy mark to victimize.

9. i have a suggestion on this excellent realm. As with many successful vanilla realms, u guys need to think about making Hard Core characters rules. it makes all the vanilla maps alive. u will always see a lot of characters running around in all maps and the realm never dies in the long term. many current vanilla is alive just because of that. even blizzard vanilla is alive like this. think about it. it makes many hardcore players enjoy it join the server and even make and play the game for more fun and challenge.

10. Tell me you've never played vanilla without telling me u've never played vanilla

I dont know man, ive been playing vanilla past 5 years and i couldnt agree more with him. I dont have the time to sink on 1x server to do all the **** anymore. Warmane's onyxia is a great alternative. If you dont like it, why dont u go to 1x server somewhere? there are plenty of them. Stop gatekeeping other people, thanks.

11. OK here's another idea. Reduce the raid reset frequency from weekly to every 3.5 days. So you can raid the same thing twice a week. This will encourage alts because you can gear up characters faster. More alts = more population leveling + more active raiding

12. @WM staff: I swear on the head of Freya that all the content has been tested! Everything is wonderful, all the bugs are funny and lovable, classes could be unbalanced but only few gamers know how to play so... Pease give us a date f
    or the good heart of the Lich King!!!

13. @WM staff: I swear on the head of Freya that all the content has been tested! Everything is wonderful, all the bugs are funny and lovable, classes could be unbalanced but only few gamers know how to play so... Pease give us a date f
    or the good heart of the Lich King!!!
    yes, we are all looking for a date for alpha and the big start. I think all of us can handle a few bugs during the progress day. u guys can fix step by step in the way of server progress just bring it faster a lot of us cant stay longer than this :D

14. Ye, game is already in very playable state. Probably there are still some minor bugs that are hard to notice but thats normal even in full versions.

First ... 3676848586878896136 ... Last