1. Selling copper ores for 60 levels?
    Stop your blathering.

2. Gold halving is applied to everyone and not only to those at level 80, but also to lower level players who have much less gold.
    During the levelling phase it's necessary to have enough gold for training or professions or to buy some necessary items/materials.

So, your idiocy when you suggest doing rdf and other nonsense thing has no value.
    gold squish is the best thing that could happen if you're leveling. people are paying ridiculous prices for mats at this point. get herbalism, make 5k in a day, buy everything you need and you're done

3. Selling copper ores for 60 levels?
    Stop your blathering.
    okei, I will explain for your special self.

You mine few ores
    Sell them
    You have enough gold for spells etc for the next 60 levels

Ok friend, all clear now?

4. I am sorry Warmane Stuff. Economy doesn't seem to work fine with the 2 last gold squishes..
    It's hard to trust you while experiencing bugs in Warmane in 2021.
    Your actions could be more acceptable if you have showed us some facts about each server's economy (e.g. graphs per month of inflation).
    Also, it's really shady to cut our gold, when we can pay real money to buy gold in game.
    Please do not play with our brains. We just want to enjoy this game. Peace.

5. I have been playing here for nearly two years and I have taken several long breaks. This is the first gold squish for me. The previous one happened while I was away. I am beginning to understand how gold squish likely put the average clueless player at a huge disadvantage. I have several accounts and all professions. There is zero reason for me to participate in the economy unless there is money to be made. People like me likely have already converted gold to assets, and are simply selling things at double the normal price to get ready for the post squish deals when players are hurting for gold. It is really easy to stay ahead once you are already ahead, and the squish heavily favors those who are already rich and understand the market. Anyway, I do believe the gold squish helps with inflation; however, it disproportionally squish the gold of clueless new players. To be clear, I am not arguing against it, since there is clearly gold to be made. I don't see how this benefits the average player who only visits the auction house when he really needs something.

6. Just another observation. I believe gold squish effectively increased the skill required to manage gold and assets. It is not entirely a bad thing because those who lack the knowledge or time can simply purchase gold with coins. It is a win-win for Warmane and players, much like the situation with donation gearing.

7. Originally Posted by angrylol
    pping
    Originally Posted by bomessor
    ping
    Hope that grabs your attention, as I figured you two in particular would appreciate this.
    So I aggregated all of the successful gold sales I made since the last gold squish, as I feel like the gold buying power of coins is something that translates well from squish to squish and may have greater inertia to volume changes compared to mats like primos due to trade's 5% coin fee.
    A couple notes:
    • n=24 successful trades. Would've been nice to have at least 100 data points. Not a lot, but I haven't had a lot of time this year to farm.
    • trade data is available from May 2020 to Jan2021. Really weakens analysis not having Jan-Apr data, but the market I trade in was just impossible for me to turn meaningful profit in early 2020.
    • all trades were sold for either 22 or 24 coins. Stratification is not feasible due to limited sample size.

R=0.79

R=0.857 for 22 coins
    R=0.707 for 24 coins

Most interestingly, see the following:

What's interesting about this, is that visually, it seems as though between May 2020 and Early October 2020, gold/coin values actually seemed to have a slightly negative correlation. Still trying to wrap my head around what that means. Input it welcome. Also what's interesting is that sometime around End of September, it appears that the gold/coin price jumped in value . Do you think that this was around the time when whales (users with millions of gold) started to liquidate their assets for an upcoming squish? I think if we pooled data we could come to pretty interesting conclusions here.

Is this information practical for future data? Probably not. Is it interesting to look back on? IMO, certainly.

I'm happy to share my trade data in confidence with you two, along with any other forum users provided that they can prove that they can reasonably contribute to this.

8. Gold halving is applied to everyone and not only to those at level 80, but also to lower level players who have much less gold.
    During the levelling phase it's necessary to have enough gold for training or professions or to buy some necessary items/materials.

So, your idiocy when you suggest doing rdf and other nonsense thing has no value.
    hey, instead of being so impulsive and saying "idiocy" you should see the the way around it, if you or anyone else doesnt have 80, or he can do the same on low levels, trust me, there are soo many ways around it...

and for those who complain about the squish you should find a way to mitigate your losses, the reality is that Warmane will do it, whetner you like it or not, from their point of view is the best way, that we agree or disagree, won't change the fact that they will do what's best for "them" for "us".

This thread has good information, and the other one about gold squish, HAS GOLD INFORMATION, but hey, information is useless if you don't put it in practice. so gg wp.

9. .

i want to ask if the gold in the game would be affected like you're training cold weather flying ,is it 2.5k after the squish? or what

10. No. The cost will remain the same. If you are looking into getting such training or purchasing items from vendors, plan ahead and do it before the squish.

11. Hope that grabs your attention, as I figured you two in particular would appreciate this.
    Hello!

Interesting data you got there, nice work and effort!
    Also, thanks for your offer, I'm completely up for it, so feel free to contact me anytime. I'll also make sure to contact you If I find anything that can be useful within this field.

12. Unfriendly

This gold thing is just unfriendly because if you think about it after 17 February they are going to buy coins so its win for waremane and not for the economy so we will come at the same problem again im my opinion you should put a plafon on players under 5k gold. and to avoid spliting money to different character inside the same server check players that have more than 3 characters in the same server, if they have more than 3 then cut them 50% as well. for example if i have 5 characters in the same server and 1 of them has 20k gold and i split all the money to all my 5 characters so everyone has 5k gold then cut me 50% from all.

13. i will log in to see how is my charecter doing then ;d :)

14. This gold thing is just unfriendly because if you think about it after 17 February they are going to buy coins so its win for waremane and not for the economy so we will come at the same problem again im my opinion you should put a plafon on players under 5k gold. and to avoid spliting money to different character inside the same server check players that have more than 3 characters in the same server, if they have more than 3 then cut them 50% as well. for example if i have 5 characters in the same server and 1 of them has 20k gold and i split all the money to all my 5 characters so everyone has 5k gold then cut me 50% from all.
    Why would they buy right after? To get gold off of the market? Absolutely wrong idea, since everyone else's gold is getting halved. If you buy gold now for let's say 20 coins, it's getting halved in 10 days ( if you leave it in gold form, but mat values are gonna be 50% as well for some months so... ). If you spend the same 20 coins on gold after the squish, you'll be left with 50% as well. So it doesn't matter at all, especially if you spend gold on gear and not gold.

If Warmane wants to "win" they just add the usual coin discounts as they always do. 99% of people who buy gold for coins use flipped coins for a nice deal to re-invest. No one really donates to buy pure gold, unless they really need it to buy boes and gem + ench a charr from zero to finish. Let's imagine you just donated 50EUR. You can get 2 pieces of BiS gear for that. If you buy them on discount, you're closer to getting 3. Who in their right mind would spend it on gold? Most ppl just wanna get BiS and thats it. There aren't any BiS boes that you can buy with gold. Unless you want to get a head-start in investing, it's foolish.

About the thing you mentioned with the 5k gold cap:
    I'm pretty sure you know you can have multiple accounts, you can even get different IPs for each if you really want to. Catching my drift? Even if the staff impleneted a system that checks every account that has more than 3 characters ( which would make the squish take much longer ) they would not be able to undermine the players that use no more than 0.00001% percent of their brain capacity and start 5 accounts with 2-2 charrs and lay their money down nice and easy. I can even imagine complete guilds that are made of old and trusted friends. Without any trust issues, they could just send all their money around in a smart way to avoid the squish. And last but not least, everyone can have more than 3 chars, even newbies.

When will players understand that the squish does NOTHING to the general player base? Please read the thread, there are commets that explain why. And please for the love of God, anyone who cries about not being able to get stuff life 280% fly and other "expensive" vendor things cuz of the squish..... Literally any gathering profession and 2 hours of your time will solve this problem. Especially now. You probably noticed the mat prices skyrocketing in the past weeks, so it's even more easy to get 280% or whatever.

15. in my opinion i am afraid you are wrong about the second paragraph lots of players invest in coin to get gold i know it sounds bad to your ears but that's the case. If you havent notice the AH is already empty from a lot of stuffs and you already know that the prices will be about the same.
    So i am afraid i have to disagree with you on that matter because players sometimes they are lazy and prefer the "easiest way" to grow up fast.

Finally they squish thing is unfriendly for players that spend hours and hours to gather gold to buy items from AH so they can play heroic dungeon and gather the emblem of triumph to gear up so after they might have the chance to play raid. because you know and i know that without a good gear set you wont be accepted. but for someone that buy coins for gold is a different and much easier choice.

First ... 34567 ... Last