1. Makes sense but it seems like 284 ret/mm don't see the same arena results like warrior/hpala do in terms of wins/loss's.
    It seems like ret/mm have many comps against them that can beat them while war/hpala get perfect scores on the ladder like right now: War/hpala 117-2.

Ret/MM are usually like 100-50.

2. Cause while ret/mm has a insanely stupid burst and good cc they can be won by burst too or dried down by ultra defensive comp (healer/hybrid).
    But well meta 284 is pretty stupid anyway (well as ****** than 2s on retail right now but not for the same reasons)

3. How is shatter comp 2's? Frost mage/Shadow priest?
    I thought they would be incredibly OP even vs hpala/war if played right ofc and be rank 1 24/7.

But I guess I'm wrong.

4. As someone from back then (even 2011 lol, I'm getting old >.>) n who won the last Warmane tournament I might as well give my opinion to it as well :D

It's true that back then the combs at the top were way more diverse. Nowadays Hpala Warr dominates the ladder. Yet what's also true is that the majority of the "good" Hpal Warr nowadays are Shinta's alts or people that learned everything from him. Before the switch to 284 gear I won around 30 to 40% of my games as Disc Hunt and Ret Hunt vs top Hpal Warr teams (excluding the then upcoming "preg specc". We only got to test that a few times vs Hpal Warr before the implementation of 284 gear). Nowadays as Disc Hunt I assume that I win 50% of the games maybe? Maybe only 30%. At least when Shinta is not playing with his main pala Brunhity. And that only with aligned speccs, glyphs and gear on our side. Without that it's basicaly land under, winning 5% if not less as disc hunt without these special preparations.

An important factor is also the scarce amount of ques at very high arena raiting, making it very easy to dodge certain players/combs.

Think the players that simply kept playing and kept improving over all these years simply die out. And competing with the absolute best of the best is extremely hard as they have like 10 years of experience under their belt.

Hence, I doubt this state will ever reverse. The upcoming of preg spec disc rets are able to draw a game out forever vs hpal war but that's about it really. But who knows what the future brings? :)

5. you can't compare the two ( arena tournament and warmane ) you played in AT you should know better , in AT we actually had working pillars and mele range , so the good players were able to avoid ******ed damage from the warrior as a dk who played dk hpal to 2450 2v2 in at 2013-2014 ( started playing dk since the start of wotlk ) i can tell you that i could legit afk midmap with 850 resilience vs war / pala only spamming chains and kiting the warior arround my Desecrated ground ( 50% aoe slow ) taking no damage we only had to counter the enemy freedom with ours and care for bladestorm while on warmane it feels like the maximum melee range is the minimum charge range so the only way to kite the warior is by using MAX range there is no such thing as dead zone in warmane also trying to kite around pilar is totally useless since all his white hits and shadowmourne proc will still go throu ( this goes for every melee class ) which broke the whole game , its either you change ur gameplay and just improvise or get destroyed if you try to play the right way , also blizzard never expected everysingle player to have bis gear those bis items were meant for the 1% of population who were tryharding in hc pve with their guilds those players were most of the times not very good in pvp so they were still winnable i could go on and on about whats wrong in warmane pvp and how some ppl dont deserve half the rating they have but anyway you can't compare the two

6. As someone from back then (even 2011 lol, I'm getting old >.>) n who won the last Warmane tournament I might as well give my opinion to it as well :D

It's true that back then the combs at the top were way more diverse. Nowadays Hpala Warr dominates the ladder. Yet what's also true is that the majority of the "good" Hpal Warr nowadays are Shinta's alts or people that learned everything from him. Before the switch to 284 gear I won around 30 to 40% of my games as Disc Hunt and Ret Hunt vs top Hpal Warr teams (excluding the then upcoming "preg specc". We only got to test that a few times vs Hpal Warr before the implementation of 284 gear). Nowadays as Disc Hunt I assume that I win 50% of the games maybe? Maybe only 30%. At least when Shinta is not playing with his main pala Brunhity. And that only with aligned speccs, glyphs and gear on our side. Without that it's basicaly land under, winning 5% if not less as disc hunt without these special preparations.

An important factor is also the scarce amount of ques at very high arena raiting, making it very easy to dodge certain players/combs.

Think the players that simply kept playing and kept improving over all these years simply die out. And competing with the absolute best of the best is extremely hard as they have like 10 years of experience under their belt.

Hence, I doubt this state will ever reverse. The upcoming of preg spec disc rets are able to draw a game out forever vs hpal war but that's about it really. But who knows what the future brings? :)
    As in amazing, talented, and skilled player like yourself maybe you can answer one question I have always wondered about.
    Do players like Shinta and other high rated players use "scripts" to automatically do things without having to manually do them yourself?

7. on warmane it feels like the maximum melee range is the minimum charge range so the only way to kite the warior is by using MAX range there is no such thing as dead zone
    THIS.

The real problem in this server is the ****ed up charge/meele range from warriors, which are always able to hit/charge at you with nonexistent deadzone, honestly is so annoying that it's still not fixed, it's totally gamebreaking and make the warrs 10x more OP, its like giving them a free action potion basically.

8. THIS.

The real problem in this server is the ****ed up charge/meele range from warriors, which are always able to hit/charge at you with nonexistent deadzone, honestly is so annoying that it's still not fixed, it's totally gamebreaking and make the warrs 10x more OP, its like giving them a free action potion basically.
    I think it's blizzlike that the range is ****ed like that. Hence, Warmane has it this way as they wanna provide the closest blizzlike experience. Including ****ed up bull**** mechanics like hitting through pillars that no one wants and all of the blizzlike bugs that were live in 2010. If you don't want that, well what could you possibly do? :- )))

As in amazing, talented, and skilled player like yourself maybe you can answer one question I have always wondered about.
    Do players like Shinta and other high rated players use "scripts" to automatically do things without having to manually do them yourself?
    I don't. I don't even use autohotkey. For others I don't know. Shinta just got banned for using illegal programs but whether it's justified or not I don't know.

9. Hmm about the range/hitting through pillar I should say it's not the same problem as retail back then. It's more that retail had an insane delay which made sometimes actions take place as slow as 1.5s after it. So it ****ed up range and sometimes you took damage 1.5s after losing pillar. But it wasn't the same as warmane where CaC can range through pillars for white hits.

10. No mention of Zedar bringing the Frost DK scene to fight the warrior/paladins meta? :3

11. Well. The game is not only about warriors, but the whole SHM. I just returned to play the game (I'm playing a warr for 10 years or so with pauses and such + retail and BfA sh*t). I played on old AT (7-8 years back), reached for 2.2k rate with a warr + shaman combo. Yes. That's not much. Even it was a new season.

At this moment, I am impressed that many players are hard-stuck low-elo players with SHM. I've got around 1660 rate, yet. I can see SHM everywhere. BGs are filled with people holding that. Warrs, palas, dks. The item was meant to be hold by only a few players. SHM issue kept me away from this server, because of those stupid arenas with people running around and smashing everything, because of that broken item. Unfortunately, this is the most populated pvp server. (even i tried other private servers, can't wait for wotlk-retail)

SHM should be disabled in arenas. Then you would reach for much healthier stats. Even Oathbinder still exists, so it's a good item for warrs, if there will be no SHM.
    Edited: February 26, 2020 Reason: years

12. Well. The game is not only about warriors, but the whole SHM. I just returned to play the game (I'm playing a warr for 10 years or so with pauses and such + retail and BfA sh*t). I played on old AT (7-8 years back), reached for 2.2k rate with a warr + shaman combo. Yes. That's not much. Even it was a new season.

At this moment, I am impressed that many players are hard-stuck low-elo players with SHM. I've got around 1660 rate, yet. I can see SHM everywhere. BGs are filled with people holding that. Warrs, palas, dks. The item was meant to be hold by only a few players. SHM issue kept me away from this server, because of those stupid arenas with people running around and smashing everything, because of that broken item. Unfortunately, this is the most populated pvp server. (even i tried other private servers, can't wait for wotlk-retail)

SHM should be disabled in arenas. Then you would reach for much healthier stats. Even Oathbinder still exists, so it's a good item for warrs, if there will be no SHM.
    You are overestimating the power of SM. A bis geared Awarr with Oathbinder hc does almost the same dmg.

13. No mention of Zedar bringing the Frost DK scene to fight the warrior/paladins meta? :3
    what do you mean?
    Can you be more specific ?

14. I am afraid SHM is better than a regular T2/hc weapon. SHM gives +100 weapon dmg (3.7 swing speed,a perfect weapon for warr's spells), it also gives EXTRA 30-270 str (the buff) and it also brings a devastating shadow dmg (2k extra shadow dmg) once the stacks are done. So definitely SHM is the strongest and there are no warriors who's gonna bring the same dmg with Oathbinder only.

15. I am afraid SHM is better than a regular T2/hc weapon.
    SM is obviously better than other 2h weapons but nontheless it isn't the reason for the domination of Awarr/Hpala in 2s.
    The problem is much rather the 284 ilvl meta because no other class scales that well with all of these highend PvE off-parts like a Awarr does.

If Smourne was that OP we would also see more Unholy DKs and Ret palys at the top since they can also use that weapon.
    But in fact the amount of high rated Unholy DKs went down in the 284 meta and most palys prever to play the preg spec over ret with Smourne.
    Edited: February 27, 2020

First 123 Last