1. Icecrown's Population is OFF THE CHARTS!

Ive been playing wotlk icecrown for a long time now

And...
    the population is SO VAST
    i cant wait to see more people online when or if the next population cap raises!

2. when or if the next population cap raises!
    Which I hope never happens. Too many downsides to increasing server cap.

3. Which I hope never happens. Too many downsides to increasing server cap.
    are you part of staff?
    Edited: January 6, 2018

4. He's not part of the staff, yet he is still correct. 12k is already way overboard on what the expansion was designed to handle. If it were decided one day that the population cap was going to be undergoing changes, I as well hope it would be in order to cut it down a bit. Also, OP should read the forum rules for a bit. Realm population caps among other things are not up for discussion.

5. Server ping is too high for an increase, its at 179 currently. Meanwhile Outland has half that

6. Why not make like an Icecrown2 server... and not increase the population cap. is there any good reasons not to do this?.

7. Why not make like an Icecrown2 server... and not increase the population cap. is there any good reasons not to do this?.
    making a 2nd server and having those extra costs for 1k or 2k people likely isn't worth it.

8. are you part of staff?
    I am not. Here's a reason I'm avidly against increasing population cap:

First of all, the game is not designed to support a population of 12,000. Much less go higher than that. By this, I am referring to the amount of lag in Dalaran (fps and latency), difficult competition for ore, herbs, quest mobs, etc. The list goes on. The systems of the game break down when there are this many people. Allowing more than what there already are is not an option. This is not something that can be "fixed" without redesigning many core components of the game, and doing so would make the game be something other than WoW.

9. i wish they'd split again, they merged way too soon because they mistook the Lordaeron hype train that brought pops down on rag and the other wotlk realm temporarily for long-term losses. The fact that everyone basically went back to Icecrown kinda proves that.