1. Interesting write-up. Also don't forget how multiboxing has ruined world pvp and city raids.
    At this point Warmane is just the waiting room for official WotLK. They refuse to do anything about the problems that plague PvP and the PvE content in 3.3.5 is stale as ****, which they also don't want to do anything about. So what are we left with? A seasonal server that is okay, but it's not nearly enough to keep me around when official wotlk is announce in 18-24 months from now.

2. Guys, nothing will happen to the battlegrounds or multiboxers or any kind of a fix. I would wish they do at least something but they never do. When people bragged about cross-realm and how bad it is, they said: ''Omg you wanted it and now you cry! deal with it!!!''. Yeah...

Multiboxers are also cancer in wintergrasp or any bg in general .When I see them, I just quit and get desert debuff. I ain't playing against that because it is an instant loss. And don't be the guy with: ''if the mb is there, then he is controlling at least 10 char and only 6-8 people are real players?!''. It doesnt' matter, he can take 1000 vehicles and just rush in wintergraps and win.

Also why I must play a warrior tank to be successful in the bg's at all? Why I can't go pvp with him? I go pvp --> i get burned in seconds. If I'm in a PVE tank gear, I can at least survive a bit longer and even be helpful to my teammates + I still do reasonable damage. But then again, at the day light , ally wins 90% of the bg's while horde sucks *** until late at night or premades come.

This is one of the reasons why I just hate pvp in general 'cause of these unbalances.

3. I dont know how is this a problem for you if you're low geared. Dont just hit 80 and cry for being around the big boyz. The reality is, this server has been around for a long time which means, majority of players are full gear on 20 different alts. Either way, you can always do RDFs to get emblems and get furious gear quicker.

I managed to get 2k rating on a half blue items disc priest. (Tailoring PvP set) and from there onward, I do 10 games per week to get full wrath. I dont even bother farming BGs for offsets. Since I have max characters in my account, I do Wintergrasp weekly quests, buy honor with shards, send it to my newly 80. Plus, I can get shards from RDFs.

Anyways, from my experience, it will not take me 5 years to get full gear like everybody else, its roughly one month until I am almost BiS gear. So learn how to accept the fact that not everyone just DINGED 80. Accept that gear unbalance is normal for an old server. Find ways to get over it.

4. Guys, nothing will happen to the battlegrounds or multiboxers or any kind of a fix. I would wish they do at least something but they never do. When people bragged about cross-realm and how bad it is, they said: ''Omg you wanted it and now you cry! deal with it!!!''. Yeah...

Multiboxers are also cancer in wintergrasp or any bg in general .When I see them, I just quit and get desert debuff. I ain't playing against that because it is an instant loss. And don't be the guy with: ''if the mb is there, then he is controlling at least 10 char and only 6-8 people are real players?!''. It doesnt' matter, he can take 1000 vehicles and just rush in wintergraps and win.

Also why I must play a warrior tank to be successful in the bg's at all? Why I can't go pvp with him? I go pvp --> i get burned in seconds. If I'm in a PVE tank gear, I can at least survive a bit longer and even be helpful to my teammates + I still do reasonable damage. But then again, at the day light , ally wins 90% of the bg's while horde sucks *** until late at night or premades come.

This is one of the reasons why I just hate pvp in general 'cause of these unbalances.
    First your attitude towards things is your main problem. So what, each hick up in life and you gonna quit?
    Why should you be warrior tank to be successful in bgs? I haven't seen many tanks in bgs and most the arms i see are very successful, yes ofc they need to know their class first. Also i can link you ample of topics of people exactly like you on alliance side that rant how alliance sucks and horde wins 90%. So who's right?

And lastly if you hate pvping why doing it? Don't answer it.

5. I must agree with you 100%. Blackrock just ruins everything. It is so unfair that you can be full relentless gear instantly. Whereas in Lordaeron you have to farm a lot to obtain it. I don't say Blackrock shouldn't exist, but they should start with Savage Gladiator season items. The worst items. You like PvP? Go farm it. Work it. Spent hours in the game. Being instant relentless is just ridiculous. Not to mention that you have can have ToGc25 trinkets (i258) and Relentless weapons, shields, wands, offhands... And those items doesn't even exist in Lordaeron, cuz that season is "over".

Anyway, this have been like this for a long time and its not going to change. Whatever happens.

6. I dont know how is this a problem for you if you're low geared. Dont just hit 80 and cry for being around the big boyz. The reality is, this server has been around for a long time which means, majority of players are full gear on 20 different alts. Either way, you can always do RDFs to get emblems and get furious gear quicker.

I managed to get 2k rating on a half blue items disc priest. (Tailoring PvP set) and from there onward, I do 10 games per week to get full wrath. I dont even bother farming BGs for offsets. Since I have max characters in my account, I do Wintergrasp weekly quests, buy honor with shards, send it to my newly 80. Plus, I can get shards from RDFs.

Anyways, from my experience, it will not take me 5 years to get full gear like everybody else, its roughly one month until I am almost BiS gear. So learn how to accept the fact that not everyone just DINGED 80. Accept that gear unbalance is normal for an old server. Find ways to get over it.

1. This isn't being "around the big boys", this is being around instant lv80 fully geared players in nearly every battleground. Even a moderately bad player can do well in full S7 gladiator armour. If these players had earned their gear, I wouldn't really care because it's just down to them being around longer but the reality is, a small fraction of these players would have full S7 if they had to work for it. Yes you can farm EoT for 17-20+ hours (assuming you're playing optimally) to buy furious gear but this is again 20 hours work for a tier below what is instantly granted to blackrock players.

2. Don't try get on your high horse when you've made posts like these; http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=418423 and http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=432525.

Quote: (go play pala if you want to win, and buy some scripts while you at it boy!)

3. Good for you. I can also get gear if I play for a month. That's not the discussion here, we're not saying gearing is impossible. The issue is that the bracket that would normally be filled with furious or mixed relentless on retail/other servers is instead filled with full S7 glad armour with full enchants and gems. Go play any other non-pvp server and you will see that there is a lot more balance to battlegrounds. Nobody is wanting a handout, I couldn't care if someone is fully kitted out in relentless, I just want to be able to play in battlegrounds where not everyone is instantly geared leaving people from the other realms at a HUGE disadvantage without spending a month+ to be able to just play.

I must agree with you 100%. Blackrock just ruins everything. It is so unfair that you can be full relentless gear instantly. Whereas in Lordaeron you have to farm a lot to obtain it. I don't say Blackrock shouldn't exist, but they should start with Savage Gladiator season items. The worst items. You like PvP? Go farm it. Work it. Spent hours in the game. Being instant relentless is just ridiculous. Not to mention that you have can have ToGc25 trinkets (i258) and Relentless weapons, shields, wands, offhands... And those items doesn't even exist in Lordaeron, cuz that season is "over".

Anyway, this have been like this for a long time and its not going to change. Whatever happens.
    Starting blackrock on savage-tier gear would probably solve the issue in my opinion.

7. how is blackrock a problem, idk what bgs u play but you sound completely delusional, so u say having to face rele geared ppl with 245 trinkets is a huge issue, meanwhile getting gangbanged by icecrown multiboxer with 5 chars in bis gear + shadowmourne, is fun and fine? xd coz thats the case, 80-90% of the bg population are icecrown players, most of them has bis gear, if its a plate class u can bet even your life on it that 8 out of 10 has shadowmourne, rest only hc glorenzelg or hc bryntroll. Mby suggest to lower the honor cost of blackrock items, so you dont have to face rele geared blackrock ppl, and you can enjoy being oneshotted by icecrown shadowmourne squad, coz thats where the fun begins.

8. how is blackrock a problem, idk what bgs u play but you sound completely delusional, so u say having to face rele geared ppl with 245 trinkets is a huge issue, meanwhile getting gangbanged by icecrown multiboxer with 5 chars in bis gear + shadowmourne, is fun and fine? xd coz thats the case, 80-90% of the bg population are icecrown players, most of them has bis gear, if its a plate class u can bet even your life on it that 8 out of 10 has shadowmourne, rest only hc glorenzelg or hc bryntroll. Mby suggest to lower the honor cost of blackrock items, so you dont have to face rele geared blackrock ppl, and you can enjoy being oneshotted by icecrown shadowmourne squad, coz thats where the fun begins.
    Most newbies don't really get in that bracket, but boy oh boy, when they become geared and start joining it, we will start seeing other sort of topic.

9. I agree with the orginal posts points..

their is an imbalance..will warmane take on the challenge to fix this, i dont think so!!!! the problem is so deeply rooted in the warmane culture.

Most people just roll on blackrock (if u don't beat them, join them sort of thing...)

but i don't think that's the best long term solution.

multiboxers are getting out of hand, having 1 in wintergrasp almost enhanced the BG cause we all teamed up to take it down which use to be fun, but when theres 2 or 3 on one side... you throw your hands in the air because you know your chances are slim to none of winning.

im a causal player so i dont really mind what happens as long as i get my wotlk fix, others have invested bigboi time and money into this machine so theres alot to loose.

10. I agree with the orginal posts points..

their is an imbalance..will warmane take on the challenge to fix this, i dont think so!!!! the problem is so deeply rooted in the warmane culture.

Most people just roll on blackrock (if u don't beat them, join them sort of thing...)

but i don't think that's the best long term solution.

multiboxers are getting out of hand, having 1 in wintergrasp almost enhanced the BG cause we all teamed up to take it down which use to be fun, but when theres 2 or 3 on one side... you throw your hands in the air because you know your chances are slim to none of winning.

im a causal player so i dont really mind what happens as long as i get my wotlk fix, others have invested bigboi time and money into this machine so theres alot to loose.
    Those invested enough are the ones you gonna criticize once you get ot blackrock level of gear. I really can't wait to see all ya'll replaying to this topic when you enter the highest bracket. The once my realmies are in! :D

11. how is blackrock a problem, idk what bgs u play but you sound completely delusional, so u say having to face rele geared ppl with 245 trinkets is a huge issue, meanwhile getting gangbanged by icecrown multiboxer with 5 chars in bis gear + shadowmourne, is fun and fine? xd coz thats the case, 80-90% of the bg population are icecrown players, most of them has bis gear, if its a plate class u can bet even your life on it that 8 out of 10 has shadowmourne, rest only hc glorenzelg or hc bryntroll. Mby suggest to lower the honor cost of blackrock items, so you dont have to face rele geared blackrock ppl, and you can enjoy being oneshotted by icecrown shadowmourne squad, coz thats where the fun begins.

true, tired of getting wash by full team of shm player with healers behind them. In horde side is just loser pov.

12. i agree multibox is ruining the bg's experience and if they are a big problem when endess are in the npj for farming all the players what go for take a quest or give in the gate of winters bg.
    The better option in my opinion is forbive mbox and perma ban and modification of the client for put the some operative sistem id program and use only one instance, the other side is don't make anymore bg's

13. Let me pre-face, this isn't me being salty. The casual PVP on warmane is broken beyond belief.

I recently came back to Warmane after a few years of inactivity. I saw that frostmourne was the most recent seasonal realm and was still in progress with RS so decided to make a new char, try out horde (all my icecrown chars are ally). Everything has been smooth sailing up until getting to lv80 and starting my pvp off-spec. Boy was I not prepared.

Let's start off with my first few battlegrounds. Went into them expecting the usual push and tug but was absolutely rolled. Weird, must be just because my low-rank pvp gear is trash. Did another. Rolled. And another. Rolle. And another. Again and again, we got rolled. I couldn't understand what was going on, every other WotLK server had the occasional roll, not every single match. So I stopped doing battlegrounds, head over to wintergrasp and started to farm some honor doing the quests and running the battle every time it was on. Got some pieces of gear that are better than the craftable pvp gear and a few of the off pieces of relentless. Tried again, rolled. By this point, I was just starting to assume alliance players were focusing pvp, that is until I saw someone talking about blackrock players. So I go check out blackrock (which up until this point I just assumed was instant-80 with no PVE content where you just had vendors to buy pvp gear from).

What the f***. Instant lv80 + full relentless gear instantly for free, any class you make. This includes ilvl 260 trinkets, weapons, jewelry etc. Not only that, you also have enchants, gems etc pre-applied. Now I can understand this for a pvp server, what I can't understand is making that server cross-playable with servers that are on x7 or even x1 rates. That has to be the worst decision I've ever seen on any private server. It's effectively killed casual PvP on all servers outside of blackrock. The grind to get full relentless is hard enough, let alone trying to do it against a full team wearing optimal armour and weapons.

WHY IS THIS A THING?!

It gets worse because blackrock is, according to the website stats, 64% alliance players. Now I usually play alliance but seeing it from the horde side, this is just insanity. We talked about it while being rolled by a full blackrock alterac valley. Some of our team had 3k gearscore. Everyone agreed that it's an issue, even someone who told people to stop crying made the point "It sucks and it's ruined pvp but warmane allow multiboxers so don't expect them to care".

The solution is to just disable cross-realm battlegrounds, make pvp gear cheaper on the other realms so people have a fighting chance or tone down the gear people on blackrock start with.

The other issue is multiboxers. Yes, it's well known they underhand money to the server and I've been told the owner multiboxes too but there's one ally player called "Iruinpvp" who literally wipes out the entire raid at the start of each wintergrasp battle. Can this be at least classed as gameplay sabotage? Can we maybe get a cap on how many characters can be multiboxed at once? When people multibox with the sole purpose of ruining pvp or trying to sabotage wintergrasp so that their faction gets it, even blizzard would have taken action.

Now I'm sure some people who can't understand the context of this will come along and say "lol just play blackrock if you want to pvp". That's not the point. Warmane is supposed to be an authentic wotlk server. Not every battleground had people with full relentless or BiS gear, especially when queueing as a fresh 80. There's supposed to be some tier system but even that is absolute jank because I've seen people as low as 1.7k gs getting ravaged by 5.6k players. It's completely ruined the pvp aspect and I'm honestly debating whether to offspec a tank instead because as it stands, it's just unplayably bad.

Can we please implement something to balance this.
    Casual BG's are unplayable thanks to blackrock. I don't think I have won an alterac valley since blackrock and mercenary mode went into full effect, and I wish I was exagerating but I'm not. When you open the leaderboard and you see that, "horde"* has over 500 honor kills on an alterac valley that is going for 2 hours, you simply lose the appeal to keep the queue. Even if you leave such bg and eat the 15 minutes deserter, you will get into that very same AV sooner or later, just to see that they are close to 1k kills by purposedly not capping objectives and making the BG last forever. This isn't fun when it happens on a daily basis. It's not about winning or losing anymore, it's about not having fun at all.

*Since MM this isn't a matter of factions anymore, but realms. As a casual player that doesn't do premades horde is almost always exclusively Icecrown premades from both factions while alliance is mostly blackrock with a few lordaeroneers, icecrowners and frostmourneers.

14. Of course its playable, being a casual is no excuse for being an elitist tryhard *******. You can always ask your fellow alliance soldiers to party up even if they are total strangers.
    Blackrock, blackrock. All in your mouth is blackrock when those guys dont even know how to play the game most of the time. You are speaking about premades but you guys always kind of miss out to say what braceket you are in, what gearscore you are on. Well if you are like most of my characters (3-5 rele and wrathful / rele of set) then you are perfectly capable of punishing anyone from blackrock that will get in your bracket.
    Again guys, AVs are a 40v40 battle, its a team effort. If you see lambs not doing what they are supposed to do, teach them, show them by example.

And i think it should be common sense that the most ******ed thing ever is on island of conquest to take middle and then go all the way to the west gate instead just fire at front. (In moba when you are pushing the middle lane do you go top lane, just because). Its such little things.

Stop blaming premades for your inabilities. Stop calling it hk farmin when you are letting them do it. each battleground we are oosing at least some guy from whatever realm just starts ranting how it is over and we should let them win, and then everyone blames the preamdes.
    Edited: March 20, 2021

15. Of course its playable, being a casual is no excuse for being an elitist tryhard *******. You can always ask your fellow alliance soldiers to party up even if they are total strangers.
    Blackrock, blackrock. All in your mouth is blackrock when those guys dont even know how to play the game most of the time. You are speaking about premades but you guys always kind of miss out to say what braceket you are in, what gearscore you are on. Well if you are like most of my characters (3-5 rele and wrathful / rele of set) then you are perfectly capable of punishing anyone from blackrock that will get in your bracket.
    Again guys, AVs are a 40v40 battle, its a team effort. If you see lambs not doing what they are supposed to do, teach them, show them by example.

And i think it should be common sense that the most ******ed thing ever is on island of conquest to take middle and then go all the way to the west gate instead just fire at front. (In moba when you are pushing the middle lane do you go top lane, just because). Its such little things.

Stop blaming premades for your inabilities. Stop calling it hk farmin when you are letting them do it. each battleground we are oosing at least some guy from whatever realm just starts ranting how it is over and we should let them win, and then everyone blames the preamdes.
    You didn't even made effort to understand my point. I don't give a **** about winning or losing, but if I get stomped to the ground on every BG and I have to be a ghost until Icecrown premades are tired of farming blackrock noobs, I'd rather just not play BG's at all. This would be totally okay if I was the only one with this mindset, but you don't have to be a genius to realize that pretty much everyone has started to avoid BG's. The alterac valley chat is filled with:
    X has joined the battleground.
    X has left the battleground.
    Until everyone in alliance is X-Blackrock.

And the solution that you are presenting is to premade, so I can be part of the problem as well. Not everyone is willing to ditch their PvE guilds to play a couple BG's a day. But when you play a couple BG's a day and all you do is get graveyard farmed for the past 3 months, one starts to wonder if playing BG's is worth the time.

First 123 Last