1. Hi guys,

considering the upcoming shield block fix, which will hopefully double shield slam dmg for 10s, i would like to know whether will it be better to go arenas with

A) STR/ArP set - using pve dsp gear with tank T10 2P bonus (a lot of block value from strength, a lot of ArP, quite low crit) or
    B) Crit set - as previous but with some agility gear (more crit, good ArP, less strength, less block value, using glyphed heroic strike) or
    C) Super crit set - as previous but with even more agility gear, gemming crit (some leather pieces, high crit, less strength, less block value, less ArP, using glyphed heroic strike)

considering the window for higher shield slam is quite small - 10s during the shield block, which has 40s cd and the increased damage before modifiers from gear and talents will be around 5159 (not counting resilience, armor and ArP).

Tell us fellow warriors your opinion on this please.

2. so on ragnoros will soon be able to, whit shild block, pass and double ure block value cap of 3160?

3. so on ragnoros will soon be able to, whit shild block, pass and double ure block value cap of 3160?
    It seems that the correct formula for doubled shield slam has been set and on bugtracker devs wrote its in internal testing now - hopefully it will not take too long until its released live.

4. Hi guys,

considering the upcoming shield block fix, which will hopefully double shield slam dmg for 10s, i would like to know whether will it be better to go arenas with

A) STR/ArP set - using pve dsp gear with tank T10 2P bonus (a lot of block value from strength, a lot of ArP, quite low crit) or
    B) Crit set - as previous but with some agility gear (more crit, good ArP, less strength, less block value, using glyphed heroic strike) or
    C) Super crit set - as previous but with even more agility gear, gemming crit (some leather pieces, high crit, less strength, less block value, less ArP, using glyphed heroic strike)

considering the window for higher shield slam is quite small - 10s during the shield block, which has 40s cd and the increased damage before modifiers from gear and talents will be around 5159 (not counting resilience, armor and ArP).

Tell us fellow warriors your opinion on this please.
    You'll want 2p t10 and t9. For 2s you can forgo resil if you have a healer for a partner or a rogue. Rogue is probably the best partner because of wound poison. For 3s however you want to keep 2p t10 and resil up to around 500. Your choice A or B are both good and won't affect your playstyle that much.

5. so to those who happens to still read this, know this :

"Nothing is being allowed to by pass the cap of 1960. Neither normal BV, Glyph nor Shield Block. Nothing except external dmg modifiers, like 2pt10, enrage. This should not be happening. In short:

Current Broken Issue: Shield Slam is using only a maximum of 1960 BV to factor in its damage. Neither normal BV nor shield block which takes BV over 1960 is allowing shield slam to push past this cap. This seems to be the broken mechanic.

How it should be: As it is known, soft cap should be 1960 and hard cap 3160. Shield block should double the block value pushing it beyond the caps and this SHOULD BE factored in for shield slam damage.

Shield Block is working by doubling the block value, but only until BV hits 1960. Any BV above that seems to be ignored.

>>>> block cap s 1960 soft or 3160 hard... not 2510 (bug) not fixed definitely, i did some tests... with 1960+ soft cap max crit is 12k with 2510+ max crit is still 12k... but i can go up to 14k with +10% shield slam dmg modifiers such as T10 or enrage etc... yet
    so sadly they didnt bothered to fix entierly this bug.

6. so to those who happens to still read this, know this :

"Nothing is being allowed to by pass the cap of 1960. Neither normal BV, Glyph nor Shield Block. Nothing except external dmg modifiers, like 2pt10, enrage. This should not be happening. In short:

Current Broken Issue: Shield Slam is using only a maximum of 1960 BV to factor in its damage. Neither normal BV nor shield block which takes BV over 1960 is allowing shield slam to push past this cap. This seems to be the broken mechanic.

How it should be: As it is known, soft cap should be 1960 and hard cap 3160. Shield block should double the block value pushing it beyond the caps and this SHOULD BE factored in for shield slam damage.

Shield Block is working by doubling the block value, but only until BV hits 1960. Any BV above that seems to be ignored.

>>>> block cap s 1960 soft or 3160 hard... not 2510 (bug) not fixed definitely, i did some tests... with 1960+ soft cap max crit is 12k with 2510+ max crit is still 12k... but i can go up to 14k with +10% shield slam dmg modifiers such as T10 or enrage etc... yet
    so sadly they didnt bothered to fix entierly this bug.
    blue post:

The diminishing returns on shield slam damage now starts to kick in when shield block value is more than 1960 (at level 80). It maxes at behaving as if your shield block value is 2072 when your block value is actually 3160 (again, at level 80). Remember this includes the scaling from both shield block value on gear AND shield block value from Strength.

Diminishing returns on SS scaling is very hard.. going from 1960 to 3160 block value should add whooping 100 dmg (counting normal hit, without crit multipliers, but still so low..) to Shield Slam. going form 1960 to 2500 someting about 50 dmg.. rng plays bigger role. Going over soft-cap for SS dmg does not make sence to me.

7. DO NOT follow this guide, it's outdated AF.
    I think I made a gear guide for the best gear for prot warr.
    You don't need block value gear, it's useless.

8. Speaking about a true protection warrior:

9. Since people of Lordaeron will have crappy gear in the beginning,I'll roll a Protetection Warrior to bash some casters and ranged DPS .

10. Again, don't follow this guide, it's outdated AF.
    You don't need more than 1960 block value, anything above this will give you almost no damage.
    Prot warr will be really strong because you can get capped really easy.
    Once you get 1960 bv, focus on resilience or other stats.

11. Clovis, the man!

It was too boring to play as Arms anyways. Cya in Valhalla!

12. So if this guide is outdated is there a proper PVP prot warrior guide for warmane?

13. So if this guide is outdated is there a proper PVP prot warrior guide for warmane?
    http://temp.arena-tournament.com/for...e675b88#p17520
    the only guide you'd need is pretty much just the correct gear (which is just 2t10, 1960 bv and armor pen) because the spec is pretty much faceroll if you come from arms pvp.

First ... 56789 ... Last