1. What does the general class/role split look like on Lordaeron?

How many tanks/healers do we have at end-game compared to DPS?

Generally my first toon is always a Tank, usually a Prot Pally, and that's probably what I'm going to start with, but I'd like to play an alt on this side this time so I have some variety in both class and role. Specifically I want to play a Shaman that runs Enhancement for leveling and when the group/raid needs DPS, and Resto as my main raiding spec. I'm open to playing Elemental instead of Enhancement if that's what's preferred, but I know that Elemental has a very simple rotation, and I don't know how fun or boring the spec is as a result.

So BE Paladin with Prot main, and Orc Shaman with Resto main.

How is Lordaeron on healers, tanks, and DPS? Are Shamans welcomed/desired at end game? Is there an overabundance of Paladins?

P.S: Is Lordaeron a Progressive server? I.E do you have to beat Naxx before you can go to Uld, Uld before ToC, etc?
    Edited: February 27, 2021

2. There's isn't many tanks and healers at max level.
    Shammies are highly desired as healers, not much else.
    Tanks have instant pop on everything.
    Lordaeron isn't a progressive server. Only realm like that is Frostmourne.

3. There's isn't many tanks and healers at max level.
    Shammies are highly desired as healers, not much else.
    Tanks have instant pop on everything.
    Lordaeron isn't a progressive server. Only realm like that is Frostmourne.
    So neither Elemental nor Enhancement Shamans are really desired for a DPS role in raids? THat kinda stinks, because if anything I wanted to use my Shaman to fill the role gaps so I could cover any role at a moments notice. Prot Pally Main with Ret Pally off for Tanking/Melee DPS, and Resto Shaman main for Healing with Elemental Shaman off for Ranged DPS.

I guess it's good that Resto will be my Shamans main spec then, and Ele/Enh will mainly be for leveling and soloing unless needed otherwise.

Anyway, if Lordaeron isn't progressive, that's fine. Frostmourne didn't interest me because one it has high exp rates and I've always preferred true blizzlike, which means 1x rates, and two it apparently resets every year.

4. You can still get an easy spot with Ele because raids usually need more Rdps. Also if the raid comp is missing a resto shaman, sometimes Ele is requested for totems and hero.

Getting a spot as enhance is much harder even though the dps is better than Ele. I think this is because other mdps are prioritized and there are many mdps available to take those slots.

5. You can still get an easy spot with Ele because raids usually need more Rdps. Also if the raid comp is missing a resto shaman, sometimes Ele is requested for totems and hero.

Getting a spot as enhance is much harder even though the dps is better than Ele. I think this is because other mdps are prioritized and there are many mdps available to take those slots.
    Okay, that's good to know. So I can use Ele as my leveling spec and Resto for dungeons and raids, switching to Ele when the raid needs it. Then I'd be able to cover all four roles between two characters, Tank/MDPS on my Pally, and Heals/RDPS on my Shaman.

That would just leave the professions to be decided on my Shaman.

6. Okay, that's good to know. So I can use Ele as my leveling spec and Resto for dungeons and raids, switching to Ele when the raid needs it. Then I'd be able to cover all four roles between two characters, Tank/MDPS on my Pally, and Heals/RDPS on my Shaman.

That would just leave the professions to be decided on my Shaman.
    Not sure what you have on your paladin, but on my two mains, I have mining/jc for my tank and then herb/alc for my heater.

The as extra flask duration is really nice, and then the gems I make I send to my tank to cut. The lifeblood is an extra insurance I use after reincarnation and the neverending mana pot is always nice to have.

7. Not sure what you have on your paladin, but on my two mains, I have mining/jc for my tank and then herb/alc for my heater.

The as extra flask duration is really nice, and then the gems I make I send to my tank to cut. The lifeblood is an extra insurance I use after reincarnation and the neverending mana pot is always nice to have.

Starting with Mining/JC for my Prot Pally, then once I've 450'd my JC and can get all my mats from emblems then on, I'm gonna drop Mining and swap to something else. Engineering is a consideration, but most likely I'm going to go Enchanting, then I break even on Stamina and get +80AP for Ret spec, and I can be completely self sufficient with gemming and enchanting my gear.