1. May 5, 2020  
    You're most welcome. I don't care if you get banned eventually for being stubborn, but the odd chance that someone could be mislead by it and get banned themselves isn't something I will allow to persist in our Forums.
    I have not, nor will I ever be banned, because I refuse the break the rules, and I stick to the belief that you need to be in the spec you roll on, so if your right, again, I'll say here I'm wrong without a second thought. I believe rolling on a spec item is the right thing to do as well.

However, we're talking about the rules as they are written, and I have seen this done over and over as I stated above.

I reached out, and will follow up when i receive clarification. Have a great day!
    Edited: May 5, 2020

2. May 5, 2020  
    If you take the written rules about ninja'ing into account, this guy should not be banned, however there might have been updates towards the policy that I might have missed.

Frost spec can be perfectly played with 2H. You have talents to improve 2H. What if this axe he needed on was an upgrade to his underperforming green weaps? Or maybe he already was in a 2H frost spec.

You don't report an arms warrior/combat rogue either for rolling on an axe because he's currently in mace spec.

This is obviously not the same scenario as a Ret rolling for Holy/Tank or a Feral rolling for Resto.

3. May 5, 2020  
    This is getting a bit wierd tho. Usually ninja looting rules was against people stealing other roles items, but DK rolling on 2h should not be bannable on my opinion. Blood and Unholy, aside even as Frost you can use 2h weapons to dps, its not optimal but it may be better then using trash 1h weapons. Not to meantion that is a item for your roles, how is that bannable?

4. May 5, 2020  
    2H frost is meme spec, it's absurd to even compare it with rogues mace spec.

We don't know, but so far it seems the guy forgot about basic decency towards others and did hit NEED for his OS. Free 5 days thinking time.

This is getting a bit wierd tho. Usually ninja looting rules was against people stealing other roles items, but DK rolling on 2h should not be bannable on my opinion. Blood and Unholy, aside even as Frost you can use 2h weapons to dps, its not optimal but it may be better then using trash 1h weapons. Not to meantion that is a item for your roles, how is that bannable?
    From this logic i can roll with my DK on spellpower triket because its crit or haste proc puts it ahead of my green trinket. Really?

5. May 5, 2020  
    2H frost is meme spec, it's absurd to even compare it with rogues mace spec.

We don't know, but so far it seems the guy forgot about basic decency towards others and did hit NEED for his OS. Free 5 days thinking time.

From this logic i can roll with my DK on spellpower triket because its crit or haste proc puts it ahead of my green trinket. Really?
    In your mind DK rolling on SP trinket is same as rolling on 2h weapon? I remembered now why i should never read your comments.

6. May 5, 2020  
    2H frost is meme spec
    should we ban enha shamans on icecrown then?

7. May 5, 2020  
    In your mind DK rolling on SP trinket is same as rolling on 2h weapon? I remembered now why i should never read your comments.
    If you play FROST spec(uses 2 one-handed weapons) - yes. I'm sorry you cant handle the truth, don't blame it on my comments.

should we ban enha shamans on icecrown then?
    what the hell do you even mean, enha shamans use 2 x one-handers. If they roll 2h NEED I'm sure they will get banned if reported.

8. May 5, 2020  
    Sorry sir, I think what you said is wrong again, and is clearly a form of ninja looting. he's not saying that, Blizzard clearly put in a roll system that "mostly" works, it is not without flaws, and the trinket example is one where we can all agree what it is.

If you take the written rules about ninja'ing into account, this guy should not be banned, however there might have been updates towards the policy that I might have missed.

Frost spec can be perfectly played with 2H. You have talents to improve 2H. What if this axe he needed on was an upgrade to his underperforming green weaps? Or maybe he already was in a 2H frost spec.

You don't report an arms warrior/combat rogue either for rolling on an axe because he's currently in mace spec.

This is obviously not the same scenario as a Ret rolling for Holy/Tank or a Feral rolling for Resto.
    Exactly what I was trying to convey. we differ on the last sentence, I think if you have the spec, it isn't ninja in any sense of the word. ( At least what the written rules say on Warmane) . But it sounds like we're mostly in agreement.

9. May 5, 2020  
    Sorry sir, I think what you said is wrong again, and is clearly a form of ninja looting. he's not saying that, Blizzard clearly put in a roll system that "mostly" works, it is not without flaws, and the trinket example is one where we can all agree what it is.
    What you CAN roll or what Blizzard did has nothing to do with what you SHOULD roll on. Blizzard had the foresight to leave room for players to sort things out - you NEED on those 2H weapons as Frost etc and the point where no one on realm will ever invite you will come. Good mechanism to sort out trash, but sadly we don't have it here, so we get lots of whining and people trying to prove how right they are while dumping on everyone else(in this case those Fury warriors who actually needed that 2H).

10. May 5, 2020  
    What you CAN roll or what Blizzard did has nothing to do with what you SHOULD roll on. Blizzard had the foresight to leave room for players to sort things out - you NEED on those 2H weapons as Frost etc and the point where no one on realm will ever invite you will come. Good mechanism to sort out trash, but sadly we don't have it here, so we get lots of whining and people trying to prove how right they are while dumping on everyone else(in this case those Fury warriors who actually needed that 2H).
    I agree that it's a douche thing to do for sure, and I was just saying that the example you used was a bad one, there should be some play room in what/how loot it given out. I think they fixed that with the next iteration of the rolling system, I guess I just wanted to make sure we know unequivocally what the rules are, this is a very important aspect of the game rules, and being unjustly banned isn't right.

11. May 5, 2020  
    I agree that it's a douche thing to do for sure, and I was just saying that the example you used was a bad one, there should be some play room in what/how loot it given out. I think they fixed that with the next iteration of the rolling system, I guess I just wanted to make sure we know unequivocally what the rules are, this is a very important aspect of the game rules, and being unjustly banned isn't right.
    Rules are not clear at all. On one hand you only can roll for items for your role, on other hand its not about your role, its about Gm judging how optimal the item will be for your current spec. Here is few examples, lots of leather gear is used by plate classes as dps. So is it bannable if you roll on leather gear as plate dps or not, cus its not if you do it in ICC. On other hand however Needle-Encrusted Scorpion trinket is almost useless for ret paladins, but if you roll on one as ret is not bannable. Sometimes seems to be about what role you are, sometimes about what is more optimal ingoring even are you plate/leather user.

12. May 5, 2020  
    If you play FROST spec(uses 2 one-handed weapons) - yes. I'm sorry you cant handle the truth, don't blame it on my comments.

what the hell do you even mean, enha shamans use 2 x one-handers. If they roll 2h NEED I'm sure they will get banned if reported.
    You can however play both spec's without the dual wield talentpoints and spend points in 2H instead. The base line of the specs stay the same.

Ii's not because their BIS sets involve dual wield that that determines their roll options hence both can be played with 2H (especially in dungeons.)

By your logic a warrior or rogue would constantly have to play with predefined weaps, since they have talents for axe / sword / mace... It's not logical

It's a completely different scenario then rolling an offspec item.

13. May 6, 2020  
    Emphasis on the underlined words.

Also a direct quote from a ban appeal I dealt with half a year ago:
    Refusing to pass viable loot to classes that the item isn't 100% bis / a little better for other classes is still considered ninja looting.

Ergo, vis-à-vis, concordantly...
    Even if it as stupid as a frost dk (or enh sham) using a 2h, if they can use it then it's not a ninja.

After I dealt with a ban for using BiS priority in a raid (without screenshotting a raidwarning acknowledging loot rules), I have handed out multiple items to the highest roller despite it being a bad item for that player. I have had dozens threaten to report me for ninja because of that, yet I haven't received a ban. I don't agree with that policy, but I do what it takes to stay unbanned. I just blacklist all of the stupid people that roll MS on everything from coming to future raids.
    Edited: May 6, 2020

14. May 6, 2020  
    Emphasis on the underlined words.
    You missed underlining "raid." All of that is about raids, which should be clear when the word is repeated many times, as well as mentioning a Master Looter." Dungeons, which gets loot handed out automatically to anyone who rolls, aren't handled in the same way for obvious reasons.

15. May 6, 2020  
    You missed underlining "raid." All of that is about raids, which should be clear when the word is repeated many times, as well as mentioning a Master Looter." Dungeons, which gets loot handed out automatically to anyone who rolls, aren't handled in the same way for obvious reasons.
    However, in the whole post titled "In-game ninja policy," it is never stated explicitly that there is a difference between raid and dungeon loot rules (ie: If I made a 5m HC walk group and used master looter, this ninja policy should still apply). If you'll take a look at what I underlined at the bottom you will see it mentions using group loot. I admit group loot can be used in raids, but it is always used in dungeons.

If you're trying to say that post ONLY covers raid loot, fine, but you've just left dungeon ninja policy completely undefined. Furthermore, if you're saying that post only applies to raids, your other posts are essentially saying that dungeons have stricter loot policies than raids.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2651922
    Edited: May 6, 2020

First 1234 ... Last