1. May 6, 2020  
    You missed underlining "raid." All of that is about raids, which should be clear when the word is repeated many times, as well as mentioning a Master Looter." Dungeons, which gets loot handed out automatically to anyone who rolls, aren't handled in the same way for obvious reasons.
    I agree with your policy but you should do something about it. If Im the in charge I would do the next thing just to lower the ninja looting and inform the players:

- Update the rules
    - Put the news about it on the website home page
    - Put the auto news line in game like promoting streaming. 12K people will read about it at least few times during the day.

Btw, I always take scr shots about my rolls just in case cuz in the past people used photoshop and they get ban themselves for reporting fake reports.

2. May 6, 2020  
    What the --- is this really... He may have been frost spec just because he didnt have any weapon for unholly. Banning a dk for rolling on 2h is just outrageous.. Dont know man people just go around throwing ban reports... Also this will of course deter geared tanks and healers from joining rdf cause why the fck would i be going tanking an rdf with my full tank gear pally if i cant build my offspec?
    Edited: May 6, 2020 Reason: mistake on a word

3. May 6, 2020  
    What the --- is this really... He may have been frost spec just because he didnt have any weapon for unholly. Banning a dk for rolling on 2h is just outrageous.. Dont know man people just go around throwing ban reports... Also this will of course deter geared tanks and healers from joining rdf cause why the fck would i be going tanking an rdf with my full tank gear pally if i cant build my offspec?
    What? It doesn't matter what he has or doesn't have. Fact is that he rolled NEED on item which was not for his spec. If he wanted that 2H he can get it with GREED roll or he can talk with his group, if no one minds he can have it with NEED. Fact is that those Fury warriors have priority over his offspec. Why are you not defending those Fury warriors, I don't get it and I cant wait to see when some dude ninjas item from you because he NEEEEEDs it for his off-off spec that he will probably never use and start to pull some wool about that one talent in his talent tree that made for that weapon, I bet you will sing different tune then.

And no, you can't NEED for you offspec. All that "but I'm BiS on my current spec" doesn't give you right to steal items from peoples MAIN specs. You eaither talk to your group so they agree to let you NEED or you wait in que with spec you need gear for. It is really super simple and explained multiple times in this thread, not to meantion hundreds of threads overall.

4. May 6, 2020  
    What? It doesn't matter what he has or doesn't have. Fact is that he rolled NEED on item which was not for his spec. If he wanted that 2H he can get it with GREED roll or he can talk with his group, if no one minds he can have it with NEED. Fact is that those Fury warriors have priority over his offspec. Why are you not defending those Fury warriors, I don't get it and I cant wait to see when some dude ninjas item from you because he NEEEEEDs it for his off-off spec that he will probably never use and start to pull some wool about that one talent in his talent tree that made for that weapon, I bet you will sing different tune then.

And no, you can't NEED for you offspec. All that "but I'm BiS on my current spec" doesn't give you right to steal items from peoples MAIN specs. You eaither talk to your group so they agree to let you NEED or you wait in que with spec you need gear for. It is really super simple and explained multiple times in this thread, not to meantion hundreds of threads overall.
    I agree.

I reported one healer in rdf for doing that, he rolled dps caster trinket and won. I didnt want to report him, but rogue was pissed off even if he doesnt need it.
    Then I asked him maybe if he wants to sell it at least, he said "Thanks I will keep it, but I love you". Then I decided to report him cuz of that provocation. And yes he got 5d ban.

And I will do it every time when someone need items that is not for his role at all.

5. May 6, 2020  
    You missed underlining "raid." All of that is about raids, which should be clear when the word is repeated many times, as well as mentioning a Master Looter." Dungeons, which gets loot handed out automatically to anyone who rolls, aren't handled in the same way for obvious reasons.
    The first sentence use the term "raid/dungeon" and later on there is no specific rules for dungeons only. How do you expect people to know if there is a difference between raid/dungeon rules when at no point is mention that there is separate rules for them? You guys should update the rules and make it more clear, or it looks like you add/adjust on the spot depending on your own mood addind stuff that are not writen in the rules.

Also a direct quote from a ban appeal I dealt with half a year ago:

"Refusing to pass viable loot to classes that the item isn't 100% bis / a little better for other classes is still considered ninja looting."
    Does that mean if warrior win bow over hunter he can be reported for ninja looting because the bow is way more viable for the hunter? Or hunters cant roll on swords/axe over other classes?

And I will do it every time when someone need items that is not for his role at all.
    Obviously when you roll for other roles should be bannable, but we are mostly talking about people rolling items for your current role, that are better for other class then yours.
    Edited: May 6, 2020

6. May 6, 2020  
    Its a damn dungeon lol. And it about role not spec. As i said a dk may change in any spec and sill be dps. It was a dps item for a dps. lol. I dont believe that those warriors even reported...

7. May 6, 2020  
    Its a damn dungeon lol. And it about role not spec. As i said a dk may change in any spec and sill be dps. It was a dps item for a dps. lol. I dont believe that those warriors even reported...
    So, I go in dungeon wtih my druid boomkin and I can NEED on all the agility leathers too, all the mdps trinkets? That is what you are saying.

8. May 6, 2020  
    It's funny that you said it's about role, and not spec. Basically, you're saying that a druid can NEED roll for all tank, healer, mdps, and rdps trinkets. It's more about common sense on what items to NEED depending on your spec you queue for the dungeon because that's why dungeon finder asks you to select a role before you queue. In this case, the dk was in right role, but wrong spec. He should have been in uh/blood spec to roll NEED on that 2 handed weapon.

9. May 6, 2020  
    Basically, you're saying that a druid can NEED roll for all tank, healer, mdps, and rdps trinkets. .
    Honestly, that's an interesting point, Druid's typically use quite a bit of so called DPS gear for their tanking. By most measures it is their tanking gear. There are exceptions to this, trinkets for example. It does come down to preference though, the best tanking weapon for example is the PvP one for Dru tanks. at least in my opinion. However I stand by my original statement, if they can use it, it's not a ninja, and seems like information has come up to back up that claim, thanks Midgraade.

It would seem that there is some debate as to the policy clarity, I haven't heard back from the message I sent, but I will follow up Obnoxious, count on that.

10. May 6, 2020  
    It's funny that you said it's about role, and not spec. Basically, you're saying that a druid can NEED roll for all tank, healer, mdps, and rdps trinkets. It's more about common sense on what items to NEED depending on your spec you queue for the dungeon because that's why dungeon finder asks you to select a role before you queue. In this case, the dk was in right role, but wrong spec. He should have been in uh/blood spec to roll NEED on that 2 handed weapon.
    Most people with brain make a difference between caster and melee dps. Comparing feral rolling for boomkin to DK rolling on 2h, which is complete viable weapon for the spec, is just dumb.

11. May 6, 2020  
    How is that dumb.
    Frost spec doesn't use 2h weapon. It is for his offspec. "2h is completely viable for Frost" we all know it's a bait, please stop. Wrong patch bro.
    Boomkin doesn't use agility. It for his offspec.

I'm confused about what is the reason for this debate, it's crystal clear already. Few guys want to reinvent the wheel, but in every topic like this ends with "MS = NEED, OS = GREED, unless every single person in your group explicitly agreed otherwise." So here you go, RDF loot rules, simple clear and easy to follow. No misunderstandings and no "unfair" 5 days bans. Solved.

12. May 6, 2020  
    How is that dumb.
    Frost spec doesn't use 2h weapon. It is for his offspec. "2h is completely viable for Frost" bruh, I know it's a bait, please stop.
    I dont know how many people need to point out using 2h as frost is just fine. As someone said just because your BIS weapons are 1h dont mean you are lock into this weapons and you cant play with anything else. I am not sure do you have problem with comprehending information, or you just dont read the post or wtf is happening with you.

13. May 6, 2020  
    I dont know how many people need to point out using 2h as frost is just fine. As someone said just because your BIS weapons are 1h dont mean you are lock into this weapons and you cant play with anything else. I am not sure do you have problem with comprehending information, or you just dont read the post or wtf is happening with you.
    Have you ever played DK or you are just repeating some trade chat trolls?

Frost with 2h weapon is on par with something like Arms warrior. Not really viable in PvE. I doubt I'm the one with problems to comprehend.

14. May 6, 2020  
    So here you go, RDF loot rules, simple clear and easy to follow. No misunderstandings and no "unfair" 5 days bans. Solved.
    You're talking about what you perceive as right and wrong here, and I agree, general rule of thumb, is don't be a butt hole, however, what should be said, is the rules do not support that.

15. May 6, 2020  
    Have you ever played DK or you are just repeating some trade chat trolls?

Frost with 2h weapon is on par with something like Arms warrior. Not really viable in PvE. I doubt I'm the one with problems to comprehend.
    Arms warrior is very viable in pve. Sure its less dmg than fury but provides many usefull buffs that the raid may otherwise be missing and its dps can be just a bit less. Dont spout nonsense all the time as it seems you have no idea about arms pve nor frost with two hand.

First 12345 Last