1. May 6, 2021  

confused: 5 man limit (raids)

so as far as I can tell we can play more then then "5" limit as long as your in a raid, well that was my plan to try and live my wotlk days in raids.

so am i being dumb here but how do we log all 10 on into a raid? without getting the raid or fixing buying ammo etc, whatever

do we have to take 5 at a time to the raid though the raid door logout and relog the other 5 to the door

and then fire them all up?

or can we have 5 in the city and summon the last 5? or is it really only can be login unless your in a raid or more 5 only in the open world?

sorry just making sure.

2. May 6, 2021  
    Quote from the staff member Proterean here http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....434119&page=16

"As long as there are no more than 5 characters being controlled at the same time, it is okay. That means, you can indeed do the case 1 and case 2 just fine. The system works and detects and kicks you only when there are more than 5 characters being controlled at the same time.

The system is not meant to be very strict, in order to ensure that the gameplay is still possible. Also, many people here have mistaken the actual multiboxing limiter with other defensive measures, that we may run from time to time. When a defensive measure is activated, it is sometimes hard to log in or do normal things, and we understand the annoyance behind it, but if it weren't for the measure, playing would be completely not possible. These measures are not run very often and only when needed.

So, as for examples, of people logging 5 characters and then logging on the 6th to do a simple trade, the system should let you do this. Only when more than 5 characters are simultaneously controlled for a time, the system kicks in. It is important to note that there are punishments as well for those that concurrently impact the limiter in any way and this mostly is reflecting for PvP activities.

Multiboxing for raiding is exempt of these rules. If a GM sees you, moving your characters from a capital city to a raid instance, and for a time you're logged on more than 5 characters, but you're moving them in the world 5 at a time, the GM will not ban you.

But if you're running multiple 5-man teams in different parts of a zone, for example, to terrorize low levels, simultaneously, this is avoiding the limiter, and will be punished."

This is the best explanation of what is allowed.

3. May 9, 2021  
    But if you're running multiple 5-man teams in different parts of a zone, for example, to terrorize low levels, simultaneously, this is avoiding the limiter, and will be punished."
    I've seen this said a few times now, and admittedly, I don't play with many other boxers out there, but I've never seen a boxer out there killing low levels, its more killing BiS gankers that think they are invincible.

@OP-Moving your team, five at a time, to the raid instance is the safest way as if it detects more than 5 accounts, over that limit will get kicked and it just doesn't work well for getting your intact team to the instance, it will disconnect at the worst time, so 5 at a time is the "quickest" way to try to raid. That is until one or more of your team is picked off and farmed so that you waste your time reviving and try to get your team together. Just a time sink that isn't worth doing. You could possibly move your team there one at a time, to avoid the farm... but again, HUGE time sink.

They want you to limit to 5 man teams, but not to cut off those donations entirely if you want to try and do those raids. It's a waste though, you'll spend more time trying to get your toons into the raid before they are farmed than raiding. And if you're thinking there aren't people to exact on you their small measure of "revenge" for being killed before, you're fooling yourself.

My suggestion, get a group of friends, or an open minded guild that wouldn't mind you taking in more than 1 toon, they do exist, although rarely, and stick to the 5, or just do heroics.

On reflection, if you do try this, come back here and let me know I was wrong, or at minimum, your experience doing it.
    Edited: May 9, 2021 Reason: Reflection:

4. May 9, 2021  
    I've seen this said a few times now, and admittedly, I don't play with many other boxers out there, but I've never seen a boxer out there killing low levels, its more killing BiS gankers that think they are invincible.

@OP-Moving your team, five at a time, to the raid instance is the safest way as if it detects more than 5 accounts, over that limit will get kicked and it just doesn't work well for getting your intact team to the instance, it will disconnect at the worst time, so 5 at a time is the "quickest" way to try to raid. That is until one or more of your team is picked off and farmed so that you waste your time reviving and try to get your team together. Just a time sink that isn't worth doing. You could possibly move your team there one at a time, to avoid the farm... but again, HUGE time sink.

They want you to limit to 5 man teams, but not to cut off those donations entirely if you want to try and do those raids. It's a waste though, you'll spend more time trying to get your toons into the raid before they are farmed than raiding. And if you're thinking there aren't people to exact on you their small measure of "revenge" for being killed before, you're fooling yourself.

My suggestion, get a group of friends, or an open minded guild that wouldn't mind you taking in more than 1 toon, they do exist, although rarely, and stick to the 5, or just do heroics.

On reflection, if you do try this, come back here and let me know I was wrong, or at minimum, your experience doing it.
    Isn't that called finding fellow multiboxers and group up, god you guys have zero to none imagination :D

5. May 16, 2021  
    Isn't that called finding fellow multiboxers and group up, god you guys have zero to none imagination :D
    I know it's a hard concept to grasp for people like you, but most people that box don't want to group up, as a PvE boxer I enjoy trying to figure out how to beat the raid or instance by myself. So just perhaps, use that small mind you have and try and think outside the box, I do it quite often.