1. May 16, 2016  

Question about a tool I found

I was wondering if using this tool that changed the WoW login screen was allowed:

http://www.deathsoft.com/forum/index...creen-tweaker/

The reason why I ask is that the WOTLK login on my old machine gives me a bit of interface lag that makes me have to enter my password slowly.

Please and thanks in advance

2. May 16, 2016  
    If it's an MPQ you place in your data folder, it's okay.

If it's an .exe that injects itself into the wow client, you most likely will get banned....

3. May 16, 2016  
    From what I understand, it just changes the image on the login screen.

4. May 16, 2016  
    And?

Read what I said again.

I tried downloading it to tell you but the download link is broken.
    If the file ends in .mpq, it's safe. If it ends in .exe, it's unsafe.

In even simpler terms. If you have to double click anything to make it work, it's unsafe.

5. May 17, 2016  
    To change login screens you need a modified exe to change the images as well as size and position of every button etc. Yet this does in no way affect the ingame experience so it shouldn't be bannable imo.

6. May 18, 2016  
    4th sentence:
    All you need to do is run application + select login screen background/music and hit Apply button.
    Without actually being able to see the file we can only go by that^ Since it's an application I would assume no, but the fact that it literally does nothing apart from change your login screen means that it MAY be allowed.

If you do, or already have, downloaded it I would advise NOT to use it until a member of staff gives you the thumbs up for it.

7. May 18, 2016  
    To change login screens you need a modified exe to change the images as well as size and position of every button etc. Yet this does in no way affect the ingame experience so it shouldn't be bannable imo.
    Should or shouldn't doesn't matter.

It's a modified client, that may be picked as hacking. I don't know a lot about how warmane's anti-cheat works except that it doesn't like people tampering with wow.exe. Be it modding for malicious purposes or for adding ponies instead of horses, I highly doubt it can tell the difference.

8. May 18, 2016  
    WOD models also use modified client and isn't bannable...