1. May 17, 2016  

New wotlk server?

Do you think it would be a good idea to launch a new, progressive wotlk server? One with rdf, with no custom content (the traditionnal naxxramas, as easy as it may be, but properly scripted), and so on?

I'm asking because :
    -the population is way too high on lordaeron
    -it's kinda hard to catch up now, plus gearing in pvp is probably atrocious when you're a new lvl 80
    -Ulduar has been out for quite some time now (although some people say the scripting is not that great atm

Thank you for giving your opinion

2. May 17, 2016  
    Nah,come on icecrown once is maded,and is high rate server,so it won't be hard to gear.. it's easy to gear if you spend your time wisely

3. May 18, 2016  
    Do you think it would be a good idea to launch a new, progressive wotlk server? One with rdf, with no custom content (the traditionnal naxxramas, as easy as it may be, but properly scripted), and so on?

I'm asking because :
    -it's kinda hard to catch up now, plus gearing in pvp is probably atrocious when you're a new lvl 80
    -Ulduar has been out for quite some time now (although some people say the scripting is not that great atm

No. Server pop is fine, people need reasons to donate and if people could just come and go as they please with zero queue they wouldn't have any reason to donate and Lordaeron wouldn't make any money and servers would probably shut down due to lack of funding. Why not instead of QQ'ing on the forums and reach down into your pockets and offer them up a little cash and skip the queue?

4. May 18, 2016  
    No. Server pop is fine, people need reasons to donate and if people could just come and go as they please with zero queue they wouldn't have any reason to donate and Lordaeron wouldn't make any money and servers would probably shut down due to lack of funding. Why not instead of QQ'ing on the forums and reach down into your pockets and offer them up a little cash and skip the queue?
    wrong it would not shut down, donor shop is not necessary and only a means to get more cash than actually needed to pay for everything. other projects showed it already that even a direct link to the server hoster where money is directly donated to server hoster and staff never is in contact with it is enoughe because there are enoughe people in a sufficient big project who will donate money just because they have fun on the server and dont expect anything ingame for it.
    Edited: May 18, 2016

5. May 18, 2016  
    wrong it would not shut down, donor shop is not necessary and only a means to get more cash than actually needed to pay for everything. other projects showed it already that even a direct link to the server hoster where money is directly donated to server hoster and staff never is in contact with it is enoughe because there are enoughe people in a sufficient big project who will donate money just because they have fun on the server and dont expect anything ingame for it.
    Riiiight.....citation needed. Warmane was just complaining a few months back that Lordaeron wasn't bringing enough cash to keep itself up and pay for staff and that's why they introduced the shop in the first place and started giving "golden tickets" to skip queue's. I'm sure if Warmane wants to introduce a new server, they'll do so in their own time and for their own reason. If people think skipping queue isn't a reason to donate, that's fine by me, but i'll be in-game enjoying the game while others are on the outside waiting to get in.

6. May 18, 2016  
    Server queues aren't a reason to donate.
    Subjective.

But I also donate because i'm grateful that Warmane is working on the servers and it shows everyday. Back in Molten days I wouldn't drop a single red cent
    on that piece of garbage server.

On a side note:

Only way I could see it being worth opening another server is by lowering server population so the servers are more equal in pop, maybe (just my two cents) that way the servers and staff wouldn't have to work so hard on keeping things stable.

7. May 18, 2016  
    just popping in here on the money discussion: Devs earn $2000 - $5000 per month. (depending on work etc.)
    sadly the source of my reply has been removed from the forums. (actually whole latest news is now only until warmane's foundation.... thats sad, i loved the old posts for nostalgia).

8. May 18, 2016  

I'm asking because :

It's a great idea. Do you have a name picked and a release date for when this realm your developing and funding will open?

9. May 18, 2016  
    Nah,come on icecrown once is maded,and is high rate server,so it won't be hard to gear.. it's easy to gear if you spend your time wisely
    Sure. so any newcomer will get obliterated by SM users.
    As with vote points u dont get almost BiS gear. You get 10m raid gear, non-heroic, which is kinda weak vs heroic ones, let alone legendaries.
    #sobalanced . As long as i dont donate, i cant come to icecrown, i'll be useless due to no gear. ( always on pvp side)
    still, lordaeron is too slow, dont have the patience to level up there, i might come to icecrown but for sure i'll stay away from pvp
    Edited: May 18, 2016

10. May 18, 2016  
    Sure. so any newcomer will get obliterated by SM users.
    As with vote points u dont get almost BiS gear. You get 10m raid gear, non-heroic, which is kinda weak vs heroic ones, let alone legendaries.
    #sobalanced . As long as i dont donate, i cant come to icecrown, i'll be useless due to no gear. ( always on pvp side)
    still, lordaeron is too slow, dont have the patience to level up there, i might come to icecrown but for sure i'll stay away from pvp
    non-heroic 25 man gear is on the vote shop. This is close to BiS (difference of 13 ilvl).

11. May 19, 2016  
    Sadly this is the case. You are going to have a very painful experience farming your first decent PvP set. 1x rates for arena points is pretty dumb on a 7x server..

12. May 19, 2016  

I'm asking because :

Well here is atleast my opinion about this:

1. I think it is way to early to start a new server. Not everything on Lordaeron is released yet, and they will have some more work to do when Icecrown are released I guess. Also I still think there are some stuff to do on the other servers - adding one more server will to much (I migth be wrong, but atleast what I think).
    2. "the traditionnal naxxramas, as easy as it may be". I don't like the idea about having it as easy as it once was. The reason why is because people will rush trough the content, and end up with nothing to do, way to fast. (Yes, some may stay for a very long time even tho they are done, but the bigger number will leave (is what I guess).
    3. Well, I can't argu to much about this, because I love it when the population is high. Even tho, what I can say that the population would not be too big of a problem on retail (back in the wotlk days), so why is not this a okey population here?
    4. "it's kinda hard to catch up now" - Wotlk has been around 5 months on Lordaeron now, and not everything is even released yet. Are people really going to use the argument that it is too hard to catch up now? In my opinion this argument is so wrong. You can easily catch up and get some naxx/ulduar gear by the time the next part of Woltk releases. If people are going to cry about it is too hard to catch up after just a few months, well I am sorry it migth be the wrong server for you then.
    -Gearing up in pvp is no problem either. Get some 5 man instance wepons, some crafted gear and you have a great start to get some honor gear. It will just get a lot worse later when people have 5-6k gs in pvp gear. But starting to cry about it when people have 3-4.4k gs in pvp (and pve)?. This is too soon to use as a argument.
    5. "-Ulduar has been out for quite some time now". It is LESS THEN ONE MONTH since the release! That is nothing. I don't even think someone has done every boss there yet.
    LORDAERON ULDUAR RELEASE
    April 27, 2016
    Ulduar has been fully scripted and released on Lordaeron.