Naraxis

How to Gear Up

So I hit 85 about a week ago on my main, and I've been having trouble gearing up. My ilvl is 341 at the moment, and everyone in global is requiring 370 or 380+ for a random roic queue. I obviously can't reach 370 without doing heroics (or even with doing heroics), so I was just wondering how people usually gear up right upon hitting 85. I sit in the queue for hours and hope for a group that doesn't disband.

2. first off all go to firelands reputetion farm illt get you 378 ilvl cloak belt and trinket and if you are lucky enough some other epic loot from mobs, after it master your spec rotation a bit on dummy and do rdfs yourself or farm hoo/tol'vir hc for jp...

3. Yep, FL trash/rep items+ some crafted items + some pvp items, after this u can lie a little about ur ilvl (every1 is doing this) and u can get in hcs or even in some ds 25 man raid. Also if ur in a guild it will be even easier to do dungeons to gear up.

4. "first off all go to firelands reputetion farm" ok mb i'm to stupid :). but somebody can explain me how to get
    to Firelands ? It is some requirement for, or how ? because the old way , aka Mount Hyjal quests chain are bugged .

5. "first off all go to firelands reputetion farm" ok mb i'm to stupid :). but somebody can explain me how to get
    to Firelands ? It is some requirement for, or how ? because the old way , aka Mount Hyjal quests chain are bugged .
    Mt hyjal is like 80% working mate

6. "first off all go to firelands reputetion farm" ok mb i'm to stupid :). but somebody can explain me how to get
    Make own group and do hoo/tolvir JP farm till u get all t12 gear and dat FL trash farm for offsets after them u will be 370+ easily

7. Mt hyjal is like 80% working mate
    really? i'm stuck at revered with no available quest giver left.
    did every possible quest mentioned in one of the guides but since rates were lowered it's just impossible to hit exalted without running dungeons with tabard on.

and dragonmaw? cant even find 1 npc after the first quest line. therazane and earthen ring, no need to mention, impossible to even get to quartermasters.

cata is so broken for me i might as well just play mop, at least i wont be disappointed by the fact that nothin is scripted/works as intended yet.

8. Find a good guild, they will help you trut me ;)

9. ABOUT HYJAL BEING BUGGED, people think it's bugged because they don't go to and use the quest chain from the Bulletin Board in Stormwind/Orgrimmar. There is a bulletin board that gives you quest per levels, one of them is Mount Hyjal, do that and you access the whole quest-line!

10. July 2, 2014  
    ABOUT HYJAL BEING BUGGED, people think it's bugged because they don't go to and use the quest chain from the Bulletin Board in Stormwind/Orgrimmar. There is a bulletin board that gives you quest per levels, one of them is Mount Hyjal, do that and you access the whole quest-line!

except i did that and i still am sitting at revered.

i'm more baffled at the dragonmaw thing tho, as after i finished the starter chain it looks as if i am in another phase in which there is basically no npc and no mob (not even windriders or opposing faction) in the whole twilight highlands.

anybody ever experienced this?

11. July 3, 2014  
    LroflToday
    bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. July 5, 2014  
    HammerdonTheOne
    Yeah, im experienced from retail player, atm playing ret pally with 386 ilvl, but i dont have achievment for FL or DS, and 90% of raid grps requiring achievment.... I know tactics etc, but noone gives me fukin chance cus in their eyez guy with achieve is more potent than guy w/o one. Yeah its safer to pick up guy with achieve, but cmon!give tests dps on dummy or something, and make PvE progress on Neltharion ffs

13. July 5, 2014  
    I found myself in the same situation as you and I found a quite easy way to get over it, you just need some money. People ask for 370 or 380 for heroics, but they don't mention "FULL PVE GEMMED ENCHANTED" kind of stuff. So what I do is:

- Get FL Rep farm items (go to FL until you get the 3 378 ilvl items mentioned above)

- Spend some money on Vicious crafted gear (unless you have the proffessions, in that case do it yourself)

- Do some BG's even knowing you'll probably be one shotted by full PVP geared players, but it doesn't matter for now since you're doing it for honor. Do BG's until you get enough points for a Ruthless weapon (unless you get something better from Heroics).

- There are some cheap trinkets in the AH, but I prefer to buy a JP one and another oner from FL Rep Farm.

You'll be around 375/380 after this. You'll be ok to join Heroics all the time, aswell as some RHOT and BH10.

Hope I helped, although this isn't probably the best way to do it. But it's my way. I hit 85 like 3 weeks ago too and this is what I done on my first char and what I'm doing on my new 85.

Take care

14. July 5, 2014  
    What about gear for vote points? Is there any good?

15. July 5, 2014  
    Aurastrasza
    MAke your own rdf hcs.. and u get rdf hc

12 Last