1. July 7, 2013  

Enhancement 4.3.4 Discussion

So first off, I feel terrible doing this to enhancement, because the class has really been one of the weaker classes in cataclysm's past.

But now that 4.3.4's here, things have definitely changed.

This is Molten ENH dps:

This Retail ENH DPS (T13)
    [yt]rjN7wQoqG38[/yt]

- I know that Flametongue weapon does twin hits, which is already reported...

Some Possible areas that I'm looking at:
    -Stormstrike might be affecting more than it should
    -Lava lash overstacking with certain buffs/procs.

I Don't have any serious experience with the class, so I can't really test it as thoroughly as I would like.
    I'd like to know what you guys think is causing this sort of dps.... because based on the patch notes, Enhancement shamans did not really go hulkmode in 4.3.4 on retail.

2. July 7, 2013  
    18.6k dps is a lot? I do that on 4.0.6 so no, shaman is not hulk mode.

Also you missed a spot with the shaman's name

3. July 7, 2013  
    I must agree with Yodoran, my dps wasn't changed at all from 4.0.6 , and about "I know that Flametongue weapon does twin hits, which is already reported." yes FL does twin hits but also each hit is half of what it should be, u also have report about wrong low calculation about FL dmg, so that 2 bugs in a manner cancel each other

4. July 7, 2013  
    I must agree with Yodoran, my dps wasn't changed at all from 4.0.6 , and about "I know that Flametongue weapon does twin hits, which is already reported." yes FL does twin hits but also each hit is half of what it should be, u also have report about wrong low calculation about FL dmg, so that 2 bugs in a manner cancel each other
    So that's just a simple coding error, where some x2 multiplier was put in the wrong spot.

5. July 8, 2013  

6. July 9, 2013  
    So that's just a simple coding error, where some x2 multiplier was put in the wrong spot.
    it is not that simple , calculation formula for FL dmg is complex and have many factors but some parts of formula are wrong on molten, so they did a fast and easy fix for it and added double proc to balance it in short term until they fix it correctly.

in dept formula goes like this :
    dmgperhit = (basedmg + 0.1*AP) * wepspeed/2.6 * mastery * ew * FLbuff
    where :
    basedmg =198.8
    AP = your current AttackPower
    wepspeed = speed of weapon with FL buff
    mastery = mastery coefficient ( 20 mastery adds 50% dmg = 1.5 coefficient)
    ew = Elemental Weapons (+40% = 1.4 coefficient)
    FLbuff = Flametongue Weapon itself increase all non physical dmg by 5% = 1.05 coefficient unmodified
    !!! important Elemental Weapons also increase FLbuff by 40% so if u have EW new FLbuff will be 5%*1.4=7% or 1.07 coefficient
    that is formula for FL dmg per hit NON CRITICAL - u can calculate for yourself

example in my gear i have ~18k AP and ~ 20.29 mastery using 2.6 offhand so my FL dmg should be :
    (198.8 + 1800)*2.6/2.6*1.5*1.4*1.07=4491.3 and i barely hit 1550 per hit but it proc 2 times so total dmg is still lower than it should be but we are close.
    here is proof :

7. July 9, 2013  
    I agree with juggertank, theres somthing wrong with enh. Its not like retail, i have played retail till 4.3.4.
    You people were only QQing when unholy dk's were bugged, but now we see d problem in your spec.

8. July 9, 2013  
    well i also played on retail ON 4.3.4 and i don't see major issues with ENH except low aoe dmg caused by fire nova bug but that is another story. AS of RIGHT now enh shaman are 95% RETAIL like not counting Fire Nova bug.

And please don't QQ about UDK in shaman tread. While UDK ghoul was doing 15k dmg non crit per hit on full resil player with claw bug not 1 dk player reported that OP bug until MIT came.

9. July 9, 2013  
    well i also played on retail ON 4.3.4 and i don't see major issues with ENH except low aoe dmg caused by fire nova bug but that is another story. AS of RIGHT now enh shaman are 95% RETAIL like not counting Fire Nova bug.

And please don't QQ about UDK in shaman tread. While UDK ghoul was doing 15k dmg non crit per hit on full resil player with claw bug not 1 dk player reported that OP bug until MIT came.
    as a retail player, could you confirm low MW ppm ? i haven't played on retail cata, but as it is for me from videos, and yet from other servers ( which we all know about) mw ppm is the lowest here, with / without 4 piece pvp set bonus it's the same, i barely get 1-2 full stacks in arena, in about ~2 minute fight, even in dungeons/raids i get 5 stacks rarely...(with 4 piece pvp set)

and yeah, i do "miss" with that second flametongue attack, and yes, i am hit capped (4.5% spell 9.9%m)

10. July 9, 2013  
    as a retail player, could you confirm low MW ppm ? i haven't played on retail cata, but as it is for me from videos, and yet from other servers ( which we all know about) mw ppm is the lowest here, with / without 4 piece pvp set bonus it's the same, i barely get 1-2 full stacks in arena, in about ~2 minute fight, even in dungeons/raids i get 5 stacks rarely...(with 4 piece pvp set)

and yeah, i do "miss" with that second flametongue attack, and yes, i am hit capped (4.5% spell 9.9%m)
    MW proc is low on molten but problem with MW proc is that u can't find reliable verified formula nor ppm on internet for patch 4.3.4 so molten devs don't know how to fix it so it wont be UP nor OP on all tiers of gear.
    Wowpedia says "When Dual wielding, the PPM rate is approximately 25 PPM." which is almost double than on molten but without reliable verified formula or chance don't expect to be fixed anytime soon.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Maelstrom_Weapon

about missing second flametongue attack, double procs are independent and have separate roll for miss and crit.
    for PVE u are under spell hit cap (17%) and mobs(bosses) have a base resistance (2% of mitigation per level difference) which cannot be overcome by spell penetration nor by any other stat. quote from http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_penetration

for PVP there are many factors like bugged resistance (sometimes it work sometimes it don't), bugged hit cap (sometimes i miss hex with 10+% spell hit!!) and some classes have talents for dispel resistance you can't cancel with spell pen like Silent Resolve from priest, Guarded by the Light from paladin etc. which may or may not interfere with other spells (ah molten bugs :)).
    i have 14% spell hit and in PVE i almost never miss FL.

11. July 9, 2013  
    Well be real, compared to other classes we are RETAIL LIKE. Just look on SP hitting with a single spell 200k crits in raids or Fury War dealing lower dmg than Blood DK tank on single target, and not to mention poor Warlocks and UDK, Prot War and Prot Pala having 1/3 treat generation of BDK or Feral Tank. Yes we have bugs but not as much as some other specs/classes and most importantly we don't have OP game breaking bugs , so with each fix we can go only for better and not for worse.

12. I retract all i have said about retail like, since last update new bugs emerge
    http://forum.molten-wow.com/showthread.php?t=228218

13. Can you name a single bug that actually increases enhancement damage? Maelstrom procs less=less dps, t12 2P doesnt work=less dmg, fire nova consumes flame shock=less damage. Seems to me you are getting owned by enhancements all the time, and that's the reason for this thread.

14. In my opinion Enhance Shaman here is nearly same as it was in 4.0.6 ...... The buffs and bugs has balanced each other out.

15. Wait what ppl actually qq about enh damage now?!?? There is no hope for human kind...

12311 ... Last