1. Hunting Time-Lost Proto Drake

First of all i want you to know that if it hadn't been for you at this time i'd be still farming, so i wanna thank you for all of your informations. Here's my story:

I killed almost 15-20 Vyragosa in one week and finally I got 2 Time-lost proto drake in 2 days.. (4 proto drake if it hadn't been for server crash and a vmap bug)

So, after one week of farming i know all the spawn point location and the time between spawn and here i am to share this:

Time spawn:
    Vyragosa/Time-Lost Proto Drake=EXACTLY 1 HOUR AFTER THE DESPAWN OF THE DEAD CORPSE
    My GUESS is that every hour there is a chance of 1/4 or 1/6 of Proto Drake spawning instead of Vyragosa

Click the spoiler for a more complex explanation of the above statements.

Spoiler: Show
    A more complex explanation of chance :

Lets say 4 hours and like what it is said in this guide drakes spawns every 1 hour respectively (after the corpse has decayed).
    So lets say these 4 hours happened at 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 respectively .

12:00 - Vyragosa Spawned
    *13:07 - Time-Lost Proto Drake Spawned
    *14:15 - Vyragosa Spawned
    *15:22 - Vyragosa Spawned
    //* as you can notice i added several arithmetic sequences in minutes ,To avoid confusion, this is the approximate time of the dead drake's body to disappear then you will start to count 1 hour afterwards//

ALL spawn location confirmed by SOLAKAR.

(NOTE: Both the dragons doesn't have a flight path, they just spawn on the location, Vyragosa on the ground and the Proto Drake in the Air (more difficult to bring him to the ground and kill him because sometimes he's flying too high and he lose aggro). To avoid the bug that the drakes falls underground , try to pull it in a solid ground like stones surfaces not on the snow .This item is also useful Loot-A-Rang for fellow Engineers.

Known spawn points .

Found it south of Engine of the Makers
    dead i didnt got it but might help you searching

Credits to solakar, and others who added information i compiled all of the useful informations here.

2. i know that .. But thank you Anyway xD

PeonYou
    yeah sadly I saw him dead after a server restart after searching for an hour lol

Arcanisis
    What happens if you find it? Do you get it as a mount?

PeonYou
    What happens if you find it? Do you get it as a mount?
    find it, kill it, and yes you get to ride that suckah

6. i killed one yesterday and got the mount:P

PeonYou
    i killed one yesterday and got the mount:P
    lucky mo fo! lol grats

vexba
    U are using some addon, am i right ? For finding those rare npcs ?

9. I killed 2 times time lost proto and they fallen under the map... could not loot!!!!!!
    but that was on greymane ;p

asuschrist
    Congrats. I tried to find it, but i failed :(

extremelyg
    I have killed Vyragosa twice but not TLPD yet. They are not spawning at their normal spots, but relatively close to them.

On both my Vyragosa kills, she was phasing in and out. When I was in melee range she disappeared, but when I backed up about 12 yards, I could hit her with moonfire to get her attention.

One final thought...both times she was just chilling there not pathing around. Now if only Mysterious Camel and Aeonaxx would show up :(

- Willferal

sexygnome
    already got it
    anyone willing to farm it should use npc scan addon (so you dont have to spam /tar time ) , the addon automatically scan for all rare / precious spawns

13. already got it
    anyone willing to farm it should use npc scan addon (so you dont have to spam /tar time ) , the addon automatically scan for all rare / precious spawns
    You know where to get the 4.0.6a version ? I could not find it on curse.

extremelyg
    If you pull it up on curse you'll see a tab called "other downloads"...click that and select the version that corresponds to patch 4.03. Voila.

12311 ... Last