1. Released: 9.3.2012.by Dementorion Protection Paladin of Neltharion
    Updated: 14.3.2012.

You can find my most popular guides here:

First of all I would like to say that I cannot guarantee that this will work for you, because I dont know what problems your computer have, but anyway, you can try, and easily revert changes if it doesnt help. I had random DC's while other players didnt, so maybe this help someone.

What you will have to do:

I - Change registry
    II - Disable services
    III - Change Local security policies
    IV - Configure OS firewall

You will have to create .reg and .bat files on your own, DL link is removed so guide could be published.

I - Change registry

Copy text to notepad > Save as > Name.reg > run it
    [Activate_fix]_Registry.reg
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
    "restrictanonymous"=dword:00000002
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Browser\Parameters]
    "MaintainServerList"="No"
    To revert changes use:
    [Deactivate_fix]_Registry.reg
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
    "LMCompatibilityLevel"=dword:00000000
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Browser\Parameters]
    "MaintainServerList"="Auto"

More info:
    Code:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/147706
    II - Disable services

Copy text to notepad > Save as > Name.bat > run it
    [Activate_fix]_Services.bat
    Code:
    sc stop "AeLookupSvc" 
    sc config "AeLookupSvc" start= disabled 
    sc stop "WinHttpAutoProxySvc" 
    sc config "WinHttpAutoProxySvc" start= disabled 
    sc stop "gupdate" 
    sc config "gupdate" start= disabled
    sc stop "gupdatem" 
    sc config "gupdatem" start= disabled
    To revert changes use:
    [Deactivate_fix]_Services.bat
    Code:
    sc stop "AeLookupSvc"
    sc stop "WinHttpAutoProxySvc" 
    sc stop "gupdate"
    sc stop "gupdatem" 
    sc config "AeLookupSvc" start= delayed-auto
    sc config "WinHttpAutoProxySvc" start= delayed-auto
    sc config "gupdate" start= delayed-auto
    sc config "gupdatem" start= delayed-auto
    sc start "AeLookupSvc"
    sc start "WinHttpAutoProxySvc"
    sc start "gupdate"
    sc start "gupdatem"
    III - Change Local security policies

Before changing anything, write down current setting, so you can revert it if you would like so.

Code:
    Start > Run > secpol.msc

Local Policies > Security options >
    Network access: Let everyone permissions apply to anonymous login  = Disabled
    Network security: Allow locas system to use computer identity for ntlm = Disabled
    Network security: Restrict NTLM: Audit Incoming NTLM traffic = Enable auditing for all
    Network security: Restrict NTLM: Audit NTLM authentification on this domain = Disable
    Network security: Restrict NTLM: Incoming NTLM traffic = Deny all
    Network security: Restrict NTLM: NTLM authentification on this domain = Enable
    Network security: Restrict NTLM: Outgoing NTLM traffic = Deny all
    IV - Configure OS firewall

Simply follow guide on this page:

Code:
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/unable-to-connect-using-a-firewall-router-or-proxy
    Make sure you did all steps.
    This guide is for Operating system firewall, you might need to configure your modem and/or router too.
    You will have to search google how to do that, since there are a lot of modem/router models, I cannot provide you tutorial how to do it.

Now restart your computer and see are there any changes.

Please say thanks if my guide helped you, to keep this thread alive. Thanks.

2. May 25, 2016  
    I do these but still disconnecting, i can't play :( when i click create a new character i take dc :( and if i login my character i teke dc in 5-10 sec. pls help me!

3. May 28, 2016  

4. May 29, 2016  
    didn't work for me
    Sometimes you cannot prevent disconnects, if it's from the server, there is nothing you can do. This guide is for people who have disconnects and it's caused by their computer. The guide, i haven't tested those, but i know what they do, i have used similar method for Counter-Strike 1.6 server, and it worked.

5. May 29, 2016  
    I do these but still disconnecting, i can't play :( when i click create a new character i take dc :( and if i login my character i teke dc in 5-10 sec. pls help me!
    Take off your extra MPQ patches (hacks loll)

6. May 30, 2016  
    This happens to me too. Do someone know how to fix this?

7. I play on Lordaeron since January, but recently on the past 4 days I started to get kicked out of the server every 10-15 min.
    It's not getting dc, because I am still talking with people in voice programs and being able to hear live broadcast non-stop. Also, raid dudes tell that my character suddenly disapear and it shows "offline", if it was a normal DC would be staying idle for 20 seconds and then logging out.

8. me too.. are 3 days than server disconnected every 20 minutes... :(

9. I cant connect to frostwolf, logging to game server and nothing happens . Server was restarted 30 minutes ago. Any1 knows why i cant join server?

10. Happenning the same to me friend,
    Did you find out how to fix since?

11. sometimes those disconnects can be caused by a wireless connection. going throw walls with steel or some kind of metal to disrupt signals. I had to actually hook up to a lan cable and it runs fine.

12. sometimes those disconnects can be caused by a wireless connection. going throw walls with steel or some kind of metal to disrupt signals. I had to actually hook up to a lan cable and it runs fine.
    Since 4-5 days I got kicked every minute and had a latency from about 3000-8000ms in icecrown. I tried it with a lan cable and now it works just fine :) 30-50ms now

13. July 6, 2019  

14. didnt work.. and im running out of different solutions to try