1. June 8, 2012  

UNofficial Molten-WoW Android APP

I have been trying to convince mods, admins and GMs for a while now to make an app to have quick access to the homepage, forums, armory and wiki all on the go. Sadly, no such thing has been created, UNTIL NOW!! Blizzard has Android apps, a few other private servers have apps, but not the best private server??

My name is Flo...CEO of Mad Howze Enterprise, and I have developed a quick and easy app to help all of you players on the go.

You really need vote points but are always away from your laptop when you need to vote?
    Random conversations about your characters out of the house and wanna show off your hard work?
    Waiting for an answer on the forums? Or do you simply want to check the homepage for important updates like character transfers, realm status, etc?

Here is your answer.

http://www.appsgeyser.com/getwidget/Molten/

No this app is not on Google Play yet (Can't without permissions anyway), this app is exclusively through me. HOPING, to be adding more and more updates including Guild Chat, push notifications, easy donating using Google, leveling zones for Cataclysm, and more!

I am need of testers as well as developers to help me out with this project. Could be worth it.

Email me at:
    [email protected]

With suggestions, bugs, ideas, concepts, etc.
    Are you a developer?
    Email me and let me know what makes you awesome for this job.

---

YOU CAN ALSO SCAN THIS PICTURE WITH YOUR ANDROID DEVICE AND AUTO DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT TO YOUR PHONE!!

EDIT:
    --http://onlinelinkscan.com/---

URL scanned: http://www.appsgeyser.com/Molten.apk
    PhisTank say's: This site is safe.
    AVG say's: Service not available.
    SiteTruth say's: This site is safe.
    Google Safe Browsing say's: This site is safe.
    Threat Name: No Threat FOUND
    Threat Definitions: 1256182
    Engine Version: 0.97.4
    Host IP: 66.39.87.159
    Link Status: Clean
    File Size: 185 KB
    Time Finished: 5.18 secs
    Overall result: This site is secure.

2. June 8, 2012  
    Hmmm... Seems like a very nice idea to make a nice, fancy and overall helpful application for the users of Molten-WoW. You have my vote on this. (Didnt download the application because I dont have an Android Phone)

3. June 8, 2012  
    as i posted before on this subject ( the topic seems to be removed :S ), what you made is just a glorified webbrowser... and it will remain so untill you get access to moltens database and core files.
    thus making a application like the one you want to make impossible.
    anyways nice try but impossible..
    also by allowing logins trough mobile apps not published and checked by molten-wow themselves you could include keylogging, or other "weird" permissions which would comprimise account security.
    (your app seems clean though)

to make this work you have to write a complete new api that interacts with the cores of both emulators(cata and wotlk dont work on the same emu). and due to them being written in c++ its not easy to create certain hooks for them which would be secure enough that reverse engineering of the app would comprimise the servers security. also there was a suggestion to make a auctionhouse app before and thats another impossible thing to create, its only possible to write a entire new shell around the current auctionhouse api and make it interactive but again security issues and 2 cores = not possible.

the only thing remotely possible with a app would be a armory but again you need the access to the database to "read" the files otherwise you need to create a app that leeches the data from the website and than convert it to your application.. which would turn out to be a glorified webbrowser again..

for the forums they could use the vbulletin tapatalk converter but the mods stated before that they didnt care about mobile interaction on the forums and that people were spamming enough as it was at this time from their pc's and if they could post on the go from their phone's alot more "offtopic" posts were going to be made which required more modding, meaning more work for the mods... so not a option.

4. June 8, 2012  
    Yes, essentially it is a glorified web browser. Hoping that Molten staff will see the potential of what this app CAN do and in turn, hoping for a spot to help develop this app using their core files, etc.

But, this app still seems pretty handy to me. Less typing in the Browser...
    Loads quick.

5. June 8, 2012  
    Kkthnxbye
    Thought i'd post the screen shots from my Phone on what it kinda looks like..

6. June 8, 2012  
    Thought i'd post the screen shots from my Phone on what it kinda looks like..

Not what it kinda looks like, that's what it currently looks like. I'm working on a few bug fixes and UI stuff. Might just be reapplying to change the look on the homepage and the forum for an exclusive look for the app.

7. June 8, 2012  
    Flerp
    I was very happy to see that the only permissions needed was internet access.

If I could suggest a few things (I am not an android or web developer)
    1. Separate the front page information into alternate tabs (Realm Status, front page posts, Armory, Change log, etc.
    2. Make the bottom tabs slimmer and have custom and higher res icons, like a hammer for armory and a home icon for the home posts or something.

Again, I am not a web or android developer, but at the moment it just seems like a browser with the homepage on Molten. I would love to see this worked on and grow in features!

8. June 8, 2012  
    I was very happy to see that the only permissions needed was internet access.

If I could suggest a few things (I am not an android or web developer)
    1. Separate the front page information into alternate tabs (Realm Status, front page posts, Armory, Change log, etc.
    2. Make the bottom tabs slimmer and have custom and higher res icons, like a hammer for armory and a home icon for the home posts or something.

Again, I am not a web or android developer, but at the moment it just seems like a browser with the homepage on Molten. I would love to see this worked on and grow in features!
    I also have had those same ideas. As I said above, it pretty much is an apk linking you directly to Molten's sites without having to type everything in. The app remembers your cookies for you and more.

I made this a last night out of pure random thought about how I wanted a Molten app to check the realm progress for the cata upgrades, since...

While I was on vacation, they had the free transfer from Ragnaros (Where my main toons are, I put in over a years work on them) and I didn't find out until last night...knowing now that there is absolutely NO way for me to transfer my toons to cata now...

I wanted to make this so when major updates like this occur, no one misses it again!

Hoping to get something started with Molten Staff so we can get this worked on more, including PUSH NOTIFICATIONS for when the homepage is updated.

Download this, share this to your friends and help show Molten Staff what potential this has!!

9. June 8, 2012  
    Download this, share this to your friends and help show Molten Staff what potential this has!!
    all the potential it has, this is as much potential as it will ever get.. due to simply the lack of integration options and account security issues that could arrise from a app like this.

10. June 8, 2012  
    Account Security issues?

And the integration is easy.

11. June 8, 2012  
    all the potential it has, this is as much potential as it will ever get.. due to simply the lack of integration options and account security issues that could arrise from a app like this.
    Network security is a matter of being slightly conscious and slightly competent with your programming language.

12. June 8, 2012  
    Account Security issues?

And the integration is easy.
    the integration is not easy at all :P have you ever coded anything in c+ or c# ?

13. June 8, 2012  
    Yes, I have coded in C+, C++ and C#.
    Many more than that, in fact.

I know what I'm doing. This was made using a quicker method for example reasons.

If you don't have any type of good criticism for this app, or anything related to its userface and/or programming, then please leave this thread.
    I have no time to sit here and be insulted about my coding, you don't know me, you have no idea the stuff I have done/can do.
    ---------------------------------
    Network security is a matter of being slightly conscious and slightly competent with your programming language.
    Users' account security IS their problem. Molten staff have explained this many of times.
    If a user's account is hacked and password is changed, it is that user's fault.

14. June 8, 2012  
    Yes, I have coded in C+, C++ and C#.
    Many more than that, in fact.

I know what I'm doing. This was made using a quicker method for example reasons.

If you don't have any type of good criticism for this app, or anything related to its userface and/or programming, then please leave this thread.
    I have no time to sit here and be insulted about my coding, you don't know me, you have no idea the stuff I have done/can do.
    ---------------------------------

Users' account security IS their problem. Molten staff have explained this many of times.
    If a user's account is hacked and password is changed, it is that user's fault.
    i didnt try to insult you im just trying to explain what you want is quite hard to create... anyways u got a pm.

15. June 8, 2012  
    I got your PM, Pendragon.

I didn't mean for that to come out the way it did. It sounded like you were trying to insult by saying it was impossible to do.

123 Last