1. How much DPS can an enhance shaman achieve? In my opinion, that spec is over underrated. In the past half an year of icc25 hc raiding, I've seen maybe 1-2 enhance shaman in our raids. Why is nobody playing it? Are there some major gamebreaking bugs, which are making this spec worthless? Given correct gear and skill level, what's the maximum DPS you can top as an enhancement shaman in icc25 hc?

2. ...Why is nobody playing it?... what's the maximum DPS you can top as an enhancement shaman in icc25 hc?
    I can only think 2things:
    1) hard priority list of dps, same goes with feral druids, they also have a hard rotation/priority list (whatever you call for druids) thats why its very rare to see these dps specs.
    2) most dps people want to top the dps chart, if that's their goal, then they would go for a ret pally/mm hunt/fire mage/fury war/unholy dk/frost dk.

About the dps, shaman as a whole is a support class, they aren't design to deal massive damage in a long run although they have one of the best (if not the best) burst damage ingame.

Blmaestro
    enh is obsolete - 10% ap provided by blood dk/mm hunter which are far superior, melee haste provided by common frost dks, strength/agility totem provided by dk horns. They can throw in a Chain Heal or two with 5 stacks of Maelstrom weapon, but their inferior dps (from average players) does not justify bringing them into raid.

elemental shamans are more sought after, at least 1 in a 25 man run for their superior Totem of Wrath, which stacks with everything, including Demonic Pact, for 280 spell power or whatever. That, plus the 3% extra crit on all targets (note, I dunno if this stacks with pala judgment 3% crit on molten), are unique buffs they bring to raid. Their low dps can be overlooked as that 280 spell power would boost other casters, especially mages, through the roof. I have a few ele shaman friends who believe that this spec is underperforming despite being well-geared and using good rotation. But their main purpose is support, so having 2 or more ele shamans in the same raid is usually a waste.

Off-topic, you bring shaman for totems and BL/heroism, and restoration is the safest bet. You got the 5% spell haste guaranteed, Flametongue totem for extra spell power guaranteed. Hell you can throw in an armor or strength/agility totem if needed. They can do extremely heavy tanking if asked to (25k HW crit + AA procing, you get the picture) yet can raid heal with their signature Chain Heal. This is why most shamans are made to heal in raids.

The most sought after shamans are resto/ele shamans...usually, they are made to heal 10 mans and heal/dps 25 mans depending on raid composition and whether enough other healers are available.

reghbat
    Elem better than enhance? I bet you have never seen a good enhance.
    Iw done on my shaman 22k dps as elemental and its not full bis yet :)

5. Iw done on my shaman 22k dps as elemental and its not full bis yet :)
    I would really like to see that, dps on a boss fight right? Would be nice if you can show a SS or so.

6. Iw done on my shaman 22k dps as elemental and its not full bis yet :)
    Im not BIS geared too, and enhance is very gear depended unlike other specs/classes. You might do 22k with that gear, but your dps wont change drasticlly when you are full BIS. While on the other hand, as enhance that changes alot.

7. I just saw an elemental shaman did 23k dps 6.1k gs with few heroic gears plus Charred Twilight Scale and Dislodge Foreign Object and he beat my Hunter (21k dps). Forgot his name though, but his name starts with "Tauren..."

I think one big factor that will determine who has more dps between elem and enhance, assuming same ilvl gears and same skills, are the trinkets.

8. This is what skilled enhance can do... and eaven higher with BIS gear. I do know an elem shaman that does 26 - 27k dps too.

PS. Mad MS paint skillz.

9. This is what skilled enhance can do... and eaven higher with BIS gear. I do know an elem shaman that does 26 - 27k dps too.

PS. Mad MS paint skillz.
    Outdps Aquelas? Nooooo impossibru!

reghbat
    They sucked b4 couse magma totem didnt crit at all and magma totem goes in rotation with fire nova.

11. They sucked b4 couse magma totem didnt crit at all and magma totem goes in rotation with fire nova.
    Really? Bug Tracker: Magma Totem, the status is fixed.

jaacobl

This is what skilled enhance can do... and eaven higher with BIS gear. I do know an elem shaman that does 26 - 27k dps too.

PS. Mad MS paint skillz.
    What stat are you going for on that shaman? full haste?

13. I think one big factor that will determine who has more dps between elem and enhance, assuming same ilvl gears and same skills, are the trinkets.
    Enh is much much harder than Ele. It's actually one of the hardest PvE specs to play on WotLK and of course respectively the most rewarding one :) Assuming same all and skills, I'd say the Ele would do more. There's a point where Ele DPS caps though and that point is lower than Enh's cap ;) From there on it's about the Enh's skill, finger quickness and sight broadness :D

14. What stat are you going for on that shaman? full haste?
    Hit till hit cap (17% spell hit) then expertise till around 24/24 and haste untill you get around 750-800. If you have all of those, then i would suggest you get some AP or AGI gems in.

Amples
    Hit till hit cap (17% spell hit) then expertise till around 24/24 and haste untill you get around 750-800. If you have all of those, then i would suggest you get some AP or AGI gems in.
    Does that haste value include the 264 Ele idol (Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice)? And what trinkets are you using? Herkuml? STS? DV?

First 1234 ... Last