1. Soft cap and hard cap, what's the diffrence?
    Soft cap - you reached your ''cap'' slightly and you're ready for pvp.
    Hard cap - you reached highest cap of block value at the cost of other stats but you deal more damage.

2. Soft cap - you reached your ''cap'' slightly and you're ready for pvp.
    Hard cap - you reached highest cap of block value at the cost of other stats but you deal more damage.
    What kind of explanation is even that?

Soft cap is when you start to have dimishing return on every next point of shield block value. That means, after you reach 1950 sbv every next point of sbv gives you about 10% of its normal value (according to my recent calculations, percentage might differ though). Ofc it only applies to shield slam damage, the amount of how much you block is not affected by any cap.

Hard cap means that any amount of block value that exceeds the cap does not change the damage of shield slam. So if you have 2760 sbv and then change your gear to have 5000 sbv, the damage would be the same.
    Edited: February 15, 2020

3. So 1950 sbv unbuffed is enough?
    Imo yes, it is.

Although it's worth to notice, that shield block increase sbv cap (by x2 from what I know, didn't test it though). And from what I've tested, soft cap is not present while you use it. So more than 1950 might be useful, but only during shield block.

So it's up to you if you want to have more than 1950 sbv, so you'll have more burst during 10s of SB, or get more arp items in place of those with sbv, so you'll have more sustain dmg.
    Edited: February 15, 2020

4. Imo yes, it is.

Although it's worth to notice, that shield block increase sbv cap (by x2 from what I know, didn't test it though). And from what I've tested, soft cap is not present while you use it. So more than 1950 might be useful, but only during shield block.

So it's up to you if you want to have more than 1950 sbv, so you'll have more burst during 10s of SB, or get more arp items in place of those with sbv, so you'll have more sustain dmg.
    From this information ARP seems to be a better investment for improving your stats once you hit 1950, correct? Also, does this mean that the T9 items are obsolete?

5. From this information ARP seems to be a better investment for improving your stats once you hit 1950, correct? Also, does this mean that the T9 items are obsolete?
    Correct. About T9, depends on your current gear. Helm and legs are good items to boost your sbv to soft cap. With bis/good gear legs are enough, otherwise you should wear both.

6. Correct. About T9, depends on your current gear. Helm and legs are good items to boost your sbv to soft cap. With bis/good gear legs are enough, otherwise you should wear both.
    Awesome, really appreciate it! Should we still mix PVP gear with PVE or just go straight PVE ARP and SVB cap?

7. May 12, 2020  
    Man, I'd just love your guide, and the way you wrote it was neat and funny. I have a question for you. SM works better on warrior arms, or paladin for pvp? thanks in advance for your reply.

8. so to those who happens to still read this, know this :

"Nothing is being allowed to by pass the cap of 1960. Neither normal BV, Glyph nor Shield Block. Nothing except external dmg modifiers, like 2pt10, enrage. This should not be happening. In short:

Current Broken Issue: Shield Slam is using only a maximum of 1960 BV to factor in its damage. Neither normal BV nor shield block which takes BV over 1960 is allowing shield slam to push past this cap. This seems to be the broken mechanic.

How it should be: As it is known, soft cap should be 1960 and hard cap 3160. Shield block should double the block value pushing it beyond the caps and this SHOULD BE factored in for shield slam damage.

Shield Block is working by doubling the block value, but only until BV hits 1960. Any BV above that seems to be ignored.

>>>> block cap s 1960 soft or 3160 hard... not 2510 (bug) not fixed definitely, i did some tests... with 1960+ soft cap max crit is 12k with 2510+ max crit is still 12k... but i can go up to 14k with +10% shield slam dmg modifiers such as T10 or enrage etc... yet
    so sadly they didnt bothered to fix entierly this bug.
    Not sure when it was fixed, but now it works fine. (2022)
    with 2700+ block value, i can crit on low lvl stuff up to 19k.

First ... 3111213