1. I don't know where you copy/pasted that topic from, but I persuade you that its not anywhere close to the truth. Please don't post things you don't know.:D

The guide itself is better than perfect, have you ever tried to become a poet?
    15/10 for the guide.;)

2. Of course BV is bugged. Why do you think this 2760 BV strat is so successful? That strat was obsolete when 3.3.2 came out.

However there is one thing that i would like to know. What is the actual BV cap for SS here on MW? Are you sure they have implemented the 3.2 change and capped BV at 2760? Or can you stack your BV over this and still get full benefit to SS damage? Sadly, i do not yet have BV gear to go over 2760 and cant test it myself.
    And also forgot to mention that one handed weapon specialization is bugged http://forum.molten-wow.com/bugtraq....w&vbug_id=6530

So if this talent actually worked properly we would see even more ridiculous Shield Slams :P

3. And also forgot to mention that one handed weapon specialization is bugged http://forum.molten-wow.com/bugtraq....w&vbug_id=6530

So if this talent actually worked properly we would see even more ridiculous Shield Slams :P
    100% doesnt work? tested?

BTW: thread is badass ,made me do prot pvp again ^^

4. BTW: thread is badass ,made me do prot pvp again ^^
    Thank you. I wish you the best of luck on your noob-slaughtering endeavors.

5. So... manly... I think it impregnated me.

6. HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA
    Plz make a sticky lol u pwn

7. Hi clovis, you got few question from starter prot warrior shield slam.

I dont have access to t10 yet and icc shield, what do you suggest for me?
    I'm thinking about ilvl 232 shield with block value from vote point vs wrathful shield.

Thank you.

8. Hey I appreciate the cool shield slam guide, but I could use a more serious source of information on prot pvp.

Sure shield slam crits are nice, but it's pretty obvious you'll be gimping yourself using t9 compared to ICC gear.

I've read that crit/arp is the way to go at higher gear levels and I'm not sure about the spec posted in the guide.

I mean why would you take imp tc, imp disc and toughness over incite, puncture, safe gaurd and 2/5 cruelty or deep wounds for example.

Prot already has awesome mobility and a ranged silence to boot. Not to mention slowing your enemies is for pussies.

If you gear for crit/arp you gain a lot of options. 15% HS crit + 30-40% passive crit + Glyph = you're in business. Devastate glyph is a dps boost too. Why would you worry so much about survival, you're most likely not going to get focused anyway.

You can also drop iron will for deep wounds - more rage generation + dps. Meta/orc racial should make up for it. Those damn rogues will have a hard time hitting past your armor anyway.

It's stupid relying on shield slam crits to win games.

9. It's stupid relying on shield slam crits to win games.
    If you don't want to play a Shield Slam-centric Prot Warrior, then why are you reading the Shield Slam-centric Prot Warrior guide?

10. sorry for being so harsh, it just wasnt my day.

11. Why are you not using Str necklaces, cloaks and stuff?
    Would it overcap you?
    Iirc, the softcap doesnt work, yet another molten feature, so stack str/bv to themoon, and back again

Ôé¼ derp had TL;DR mode still engaged
    But still, shouldn't it be more wise to skip the pvp CNR (cloak, necklace, ring) for stats min-maxing? Because melee pvp CNRs really have some horribad itemisations ..
    The necklace is actually really nice. Stamina, attack power, resilience, and armor penetration all on the same item? Yes please.

You get the other ones mainly because you need resilience and all your other slots are being used for better non-resilience items. However, there is nothing wrong with the stats you get from the cloak/bracers/ring.

12. Incoming 7k shield slam on full wrath ret pally hahaha

13. this guide made my chest hairs grow chest hairs

14. Had a blast reading the guide, thanks! :D

I had a PVP Prot SS Warrior Cow in retail before the nerf patch, man it was so much fun. My gear sucked, I mean it was terrible. I even went back to some old 70 dungeons and got a few pieces that were specific to the goal (I was a poor no job having cow at the time). I remember getting 12-14k crits on clothies, but my speciality was ****ing rogues. They use to stun lock and pwn my feral druid, so it was just a ton of fun to watch them stun lock my cow and take nearly as much damage as I was with each hit (forget the talent that did that but it rocked).

I remember well going the best of 3 with a full Deadly rogue outside the gates or Org. My gear was so bad i think my GS was in the mid 3k's, lol. He won the first, I won the last 2 and he rage logged. I guess it had to have sucked to not understand how such a low gear scrub prot warrior sporting several TBC blues could do that, heh. SS crits pwned joo.

I've resurrected my cow on Deathwing, gotta get him back to his old ways!

Edit: I found one of the old lvl70 items I was using but Wowhead doesn't have it anymore since BV went away. Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker. I had at least one more 70 blue I think with super BV, but honestly cannot remember. This was during T7-T8 days though, so it may not be worth getting now. At the time it was awesome, just used spare badge of justice I had lying around, heh.

15. ^ Not actually a Block Value build.
    If are block value build, you don't need attack power from Armored to the Teeth, Cruelty is better. Don't make sense you focus all gear and talents for increase Shield Slam damage and use talent to increase another spells damage.

Cruelty will increase your Shield Slam critical chance, Armored to the Teeth will increase attack power to increase anothers spells damage, attack power is useless for Shield Slam.

First ... 23456 ... Last