1. Ok here we go:
    B. ''Marksman is your top spec for PvE'' - MM is the best spec in ICC,because u stand still and spam steady/autos,till then survival with trap dancing(expl shot/expl trap/serpent(overall damage with noxious stings) or kshot(specific fights/bad warlocks,mages,frost dk's and raid).

D.''Builds'' - Survival till ICC and more specifically till u have 4 set T10.

E.''Priority List'' For Survival : Expl shot>Kshot(under 20%) ,Explosive trap>Serpent>Multi-shot(dont even bother using aimed before ICC)>Steady
    For MM serpent>Chimera>Kshot for overall damage,or Kshot>serpent>Chimera for specific fights (Anub/Yogg 0/Putricide/Sindra).

F.Armor Pen : Till ICC is your 3rd best stats after agility and crit(tested with Rawr/Simcraft,no matter what spec are u playing.
    In reality armor penetration becomes good after u have 50% armor penetration passively,remember its always base on THE CONTENT that u do.
    If ure playing in a fresh server,dont bother using arm pen trinkets,their proc is useless and overrated.

G. Dropping Arcane Shot - Just play survival with expl trap glyph till ICC,or MM for specific fights that gives u damage modifier/crit modifier. In reality u should drop Arcane once u have 470 arm penetration passively,but since survival is better if u can use the trap well ... yeah.

I. Glyphs - FOR MM: 1.Serpent 2.Steady 3.YOUR CHOICE(chimera/hawk for overall damage,or Expl trap IF u can use on CD),kshot for specific fights.
    For Survival : Expl trap,Expl Shot, Serpent/Kshot.

J. Stats
    Agility is 2x times better than crit and armor pen for survival,and 2.5x better than attack power and haste for survival,then u switch to arm pen MM build.

K. BiS Gear List try to get the highest agility/crit/armor pen items

L. Gems - Agility or agility/crit(if the bonus is really good(6+ or more agility,orange usually)).

M. Professions - JC is the best by far / BS is the second best(stats wise,think about why LUL).

N. Macros - Kripp macros video from 2009.

Edit : GZ u become a better hunter.
    Edit: If u want more info about anything u can ask here,thanks.
    Hey there. I'm playing in frostmourne right now and we are on Ulduar (will soon progress into togc). So keeping the current raiding content in mind, what spec would you recommend? (survival?). and is there a good guide for your recommended spec out here?. ty

2. Stick to MM,survival was nerfed(fixed actually).The trap damage wont be increased on warmane like it was back on retail.

3. Hello,

Wondering about the glyphs. Why is it that glyphs of serpent sting and kill shot are used over chimera glyph and aimed shot glyph? Been wanting to test that out but unsure of how to. Seems like reducing the CD on those 2 shots would be more beneficial.

4. Many times the burst when cds&procs are all aligned is the most valuable, now for each glyph:
    Kill shot - pumps up your execution phase (or dps whoring via adds) and allows for smoother kshot > spam, kshot > readiness.
    Serpent sting being longer means your chim's serpent portion will be hugely stronger, as it does the entire serpent duration's worth of ticks combined; also lets you multi-dot gaining more dps with it (less reapplying, good stinger 4] set uptime)
    Kill shot isn't entirely mandatory, you can customize your spec for nearly all fights to get minor bonuses. Chimera shot glyph is decent if you wish to fit in 1 more chim in your dbw proc, and if you don't have much time to stand. Now for the glyph of aimed shot, it doesn't affect multi-shot and you can only use 1 of those shots, quite clunky

5. Many times the burst when cds&procs are all aligned is the most valuable, now for each glyph:
    Kill shot - pumps up your execution phase (or dps whoring via adds) and allows for smoother kshot > spam, kshot > readiness.
    Serpent sting being longer means your chim's serpent portion will be hugely stronger, as it does the entire serpent duration's worth of ticks combined; also lets you multi-dot gaining more dps with it (less reapplying, good stinger 4] set uptime)
    Kill shot isn't entirely mandatory, you can customize your spec for nearly all fights to get minor bonuses. Chimera shot glyph is decent if you wish to fit in 1 more chim in your dbw proc, and if you don't have much time to stand. Now for the glyph of aimed shot, it doesn't affect multi-shot and you can only use 1 of those shots, quite clunky
    u dont multidot serpent sting xd, thats a big dps loss, serpent sting does barely any dmg, even tho u can gain 4pt10 with it, you cannot upkeep it as you can only chimera for one cycle of a serpent sting, meaning all your other serpents will fall off, requiring to waste another gcd, which is not worth
    kill shot is barely viable especially at bis raids which execute phases lasts really short, and even then, you should be trap spec by now, which is hugely superior.

6. I will point out as the original writer of this guide that this guide is specifically tailored for patch 3.3.5a and if you are on a progression server this information may not apply as you are not able to build the passive armor pen up to the point where MM becomes god-tier until ICC.

The contents of the fight don't really have anything to do with its viability and saying so is ignorant at best. It's all about what your base stats can be before you start stacking stats.

I returned to Warmane for a bit of fun and could update this guide if there is enough interest.

Also, someone on Icecrown has stolen my name. If you see a Donorbashed on horde side (blood elf), it is not me.

If you are that person, I would appreciate you giving my name back, thanks!

7. Stick to MM,survival was nerfed(fixed actually).The trap damage wont be increased on warmane like it was back on retail.
    So Im not the only one who found the trap crit damage is wrong ? I wonder why it wont be fixed on warmane .why warmane keeps insisting 150% crit damage is right, though a range of evidence has been cited

8. So Im not the only one who found the trap crit damage is wrong ? I wonder why it wont be fixed on warmane .why warmane keeps insisting 150% crit damage is right, though a range of evidence has been cited
    because there are enough sources that prove that 150% are correct

9. Even with only 50% damage increase on crit,the explosive trap glyph is the way to go in all specs.
    Edited: June 18, 2023

10. May 17, 2022  
    Somome one can give an advice? i'm kind off noob as a hunter a start to play and a need to know if mi hit it's okay for a raid icc in 128 = 4%??
    I'm aliance or I dhave to cover with a gem

11. May 20, 2022  
    Why do you have an exclamation point before the skills in your macros?

12. I'd just like to mention that recently I copied some macros from this guide. The swap aura mastery + trueshot aura is not a good macro because it will trigger the global cooldown when you swap stances. Meaning that if you use it in combat you've sort of gimped yourself from swapping quickly to gain some mana back. So don't use it.

13. Hello I am trying to find a auto shot addon that basically shows you the cast time so I can improve when I need to move.. I can't seem to find any add-ons that work with this patch any ideas?

14. Ultament gunter macro

MACRO #1
    /castsequence reset=combat/target Hunter's Mark,Rapid Fire, Serpent Sting, Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot,Readiness,Rapid Fire, Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot,Steady shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady shot
    MACRO#2
    /castsequence reset=combat Hunter's Mark, Serpent Sting, Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot

First ... 2345 Last