1. 3.3.5 - WF doesn't proc of offhand

HI guys,

so I see in different guides and from different players saying to go WF/WF, but i've been attacking a target dummy for a while now and WF definitely does not proc on the off hand.

so, was this even known? it seems like an important thing to me? should I be choosing FB or FT on offhand now?

thanks!

2. Of course it works, go with WF/WF here on molten and if still think that WF/FT is better try it yourself

Edit: try to imbue only offhand and you will get your answer.

3. During WotLK I played enchancement shaman for quite a long time. I never used Windfury on both weapons. I personally went for Flametongue on my off-hand. For PvE, you don't need slow too often from Frostbrand. For PvP, if you have trouble with catching up with your target, you have both Earthbind Totem and Frost Shock.

4. On WOTLK (and Cata for that matter) Windfury should only ever be on your mainhand. Ever. You're bad at Googling if you can't find that out. Windfury has a 3 second internal cooldown shared between both weapons if both have it, meaning if your (weaker) offhand procs WF, your much stronger mainhand has to wait 3 seconds before it has a chance to proc again. For PvE enhance always used WF/FT - Blizzard nerfed/changed things all through WOTLK to ensure this because they wanted it to be that way. For PvP I personally used to run WF/FB but you could run WF/FT for a bit of extra dps if you have a partner who can slow/peel well - rogues/wars etc.

That being said, if WF doesn't actually proc on your offhand, then it's bugged. According to retail it should. Not that you ever should need it, but that would be a bug.

5. On WOTLK (and Cata for that matter) Windfury should only ever be on your mainhand. Ever. You're bad at Googling if you can't find that out. Windfury has a 3 second internal cooldown shared between both weapons
    And exactly this is the part where Molten comes into the game:
    Windfury Procs from Main/Offhand do not share the same cooldown on molten.

Ergo: For most damage output go WF/WF

Greetings

6. I have the same problem ... I Play with 4 addons to see my dps ... Combat scrolling text, Windfury cooldown, Shaman friend and EnhaPrio ... so my shaman Friend show me the amount of Windfury crits and WHICH HAND WEAPON do it and i only see it with MH windfury proc ... so i Decide to get that Windfurry cooldown addon and there it shows you how much procs do MH and OH weapon ... the resault was 0 windfury procs for OH .. and so what am i supouse to do ... stop playing enhance or reroll, i dont want to play any other class ... So Gm's its time to sit on your *** and do some job !

7. If you put WF on your OH, the spell will work, but it registers all of the hits from your MH.

So WF/WF is better, i prefer WF/FT though.

(Idk if i even understood what was going on, but atleast I tried :D )

8. I dont get it why ppl still dont understand it.
    Windfury Procs from Main/Offhand share the same cooldown on molten !
    U can easily test this on the dummy when u use stormstrike u will never see main and offhand procing wf at the same time.

The bug is that Offhand procs do too much dmg. A offhand proc of wf should do like half of the dmg of a main hand proc but here on molten it does the same dmg like a main hand proc.
    Thats the bug, end of the story.

9. why would anyone use double WF anyway. cd should be shared between MH and OH (some ppl saying it doesnt on molten but thats abusing exploit to gain unfair advantage then)

Morlandros
    I wonder also if it's possible the coding for windfury on molten was somewhat copied from the rogue hack and slash talent. With regard to that rogue talent on retail it could be procced by either hand (assuming correct weapon equipped), but the resulting extra attack was always with the main hand. Is it possible that is what the addons are seeing?

11. Here's proof that DW windfury is better than WF/FT:

- My dps decreased on test dummy from 5300 to 5000

- Dps % of Windfury Proc decreased from 25% to 15%

Hope this helps!

12. I wonder also if it's possible the coding for windfury on molten was somewhat copied from the rogue hack and slash talent. With regard to that rogue talent on retail it could be procced by either hand (assuming correct weapon equipped), but the resulting extra attack was always with the main hand. Is it possible that is what the addons are seeing?
    The only problem with that is Hack & Slash is bugged in that off hand procs produce off hand swings.

13. I checked it and WF does proc from both hands and increases your DPS, not by much, and from my point of observation WF / WF is more stable.

Anyway, there are other bugs for shaman like Spirit Wolfs so WF / WF don't make up for the DPS loss.

14. May 25, 2022  
    You need 2.6 speed weapons in each hand, and also sync you attacks to where your main hand swings first with you off hand swinging under .5 of a second after main hand. There is a macro and add on to help you time it right. It might work it might not, it use to back in the day. Only way to tell is look at your flurry charges, if you successfully sync and after you swing, your flurry goes from 3-2 and not 3-1, it still works. WF/WF was superior because it kept up flurry longer 30% increase staying up the whole fight vs losing it for a few swings is kinda crucial. Don’t run WF/WF if your not running 2.5 or 2.6 speed weapons in each hand, and not syncing them, because then it would be substantial loss in dps.

15. May 26, 2022  
    A BiS geared enh shami has like 75% melee crit chance so flurry should never run out of stacks.
    I don't think WF can double proc. If it was possible then Stormstrike would have a chance to proc it on both weapons which I have never seen happening.
    WF has a ICD of 3sec and a OH proc does half the dmg. That's why WF/WF is worse than WF/FT.