iAmAthirat
    Hehehe... Not low, but "REALLY low"... Well, tell me please, what is your patch? Isn't CATA? In any 25 HC ICC the best DPS classes, under BiS gear, can pull between 15k and 20k DPS on a single target and IT'S NORMAL. More DPS is possible during AoE, extra buffs (Vampiric Essence), bugs, cheats, burst. Somehow I pulled 38k AoE DPS on trashes, but who cares about that? Some DK pulled 51k AoE DPS on trashes anyway.

Maybe this DPS is enough [Video]?
    Well, don't need to be rude.

2. PvP/PvE Ele mix tree should have Elemental Warding AND Improved Fire Nova instead of Convection.

3. PvP/PvE Ele mix tree should have Elemental Warding AND Improved Fire Nova instead of Convection.
    Due to the last FIX - 2013 December 10-25, your suggestion is not so "huge". Really, the DPS of most classes is downgraded for about 25%.

To kill every ICC25 HC boss is really hard now, to kill LK 25 HC should be the "Insane" task now. In any BG or arenas any damage is decreased also and that Elemental Warding will not save a lot. Better stack resilience as much as possible and Corroed Skeleton Key is a plus. For any PVP Magma and Fire Nova by default is enought, but for any PVE, even improved, is - HAHAHA... I used Convection, because is a plus to survival in BG, it lets you to stay in fight more time before mana will completely drain. Man, tell me pls, how much mana Magma and Fire Nova spells requires? The duels in BG vs any paladin, warrior, DK are very long and boring... If they can't kill your character after all their CC supported by burst, as usually try, then they will try to deplete your character's mana...

So, for any arena or Heroic raid the Mixed Tree is not allowed now - only specialized and dedicated talents should be used.

Post to my thread please, how to Fire Nova these bosses:
    DEMO1: BQL 25 Heroic
    DEMO2: PP 25 Heroic

Twistedxmaniac
    When do you think you will be able to continue your guide? I have found it very useful as I leveled and now that I am 80, I will begin to raid soon. I think your guide will really help maximize my DPS and look forward to its completion.

5. When do you think you will be able to continue your guide? I have found it very useful as I leveled and now that I am 80, I will begin to raid soon. I think your guide will really help maximize my DPS and look forward to its completion.
    This guide has enough information to begin any raid in Wotlk currently. In the next paragraphs explanations will be more detailed, based on different mathematical calculations. Due to last character buffs fixes (December 2013) the DPS and overall character view changed cardinally. Moreover, all training dummy got a new kind of bug ÔÇô they ignore any ability and spell damage. So itÔÇÖs hard to test new buffs, their coefficients and e.t.c., as real evidence (I should write and display real data). You know, I supporting this guide by YouTube channel also, which take a piece of time. During weekdays I am busy also, so weekend is the ÔÇ£only time for guideÔÇØ.

P.S. The future paragraphs should be nice, supported by math calculations, graphics, video, screenshots and diagrams due to my personal notes Thanks.

6. Very nice guide! Thanks for taking the time to write it!

Personally, I don't agree with 2 things, but I recently reached 5k gs, I'm only playing HC dungeons now (no raids), so I might be wrong.

First thing is about the Lightning Shield - since I'm a ranged dps I get hit more rarely (that's the whole point of being ranged), so the damage from the shield is not very reliable. Meanwhile the Water Shield grants mana constantly. If I happen to be under some heavy hitting, the 3 globes of the Lightning Shield vanish immediately and I have to spam it, neglecting more important spells. The only time this shield helps greatly is against invisible targets.

The second thing is about the Glyph of Thunderstorm. With my gear, buffs and Water Shield I never run out of mana in dungeons. Therefore I don't need extra mana regeneration and I don't use Thunderstorm for this purpose. But the knockback effect is helpful against boss spellcasting where Wind Shear is helpless.

7. Very nice guide! Thanks for taking the time to write it!

Personally, I don't agree with 2 things, but I recently reached 5k gs, I'm only playing HC dungeons now (no raids), so I might be wrong.

First thing is about the Lightning Shield - since I'm a ranged dps I get hit more rarely (that's the whole point of being ranged), so the damage from the shield is not very reliable. Meanwhile the Water Shield grants mana constantly. If I happen to be under some heavy hitting, the 3 globes of the Lightning Shield vanish immediately and I have to spam it, neglecting more important spells. The only time this shield helps greatly is against invisible targets.

The second thing is about the Glyph of Thunderstorm. With my gear, buffs and Water Shield I never run out of mana in dungeons. Therefore I don't need extra mana regeneration and I don't use Thunderstorm for this purpose. But the knockback effect is helpful against boss spellcasting where Wind Shear is helpless.

The shamans fighting concept are very universal and complex. Depending by game area - PVE or PVP; zone ÔÇô Worldwide, dungeon or raid; GS ÔÇô below 5k, @6k or under BiS; shamans (elemental, enhancement or restoration) stats, talents, glyphs and tactics vary a lot. I should to admit that Retry paladins and Enhancement shamans are Specs, which are very hard to balance. Moreover, Enhancement shamans and Feral druids are very hard to play well, due to their rotations and buffs. In Cata enh shamans are the hardest spec to balance, just try to balance next stats: Agility (inc attack power), Intellect (inc mana and spell crit), Attack Power (inc physical damage and spell power), Hit Rating (inc melee and spell hit chance differently), Haste Rating (melee and spell speed counts diff), Critical Rating (melee and spell critical chance counts diff), Expertise (improves melee hits) and Mastery (inc spell damage and ÔÇ£Lightning ShieldÔÇØ damage of course, just remember that your enchanted weapons damage are improved by Attack Power only). Depending by your play style (focused on spell damage (with improved AoE damage) or melee physical damage (with improved single target damage), your talents, glyphs and stats should be tuned in right order), as for example. The elemental shamanÔÇÖs stats and combat abilities vary a lot depending by GS and target type also. I want to show how relative are the things in WoW, there are not a unique and universal formula.

About Lightning Shield (LSh)

I should to notice that not only LSh will vanish immediately after few hits, but Water Shield (WSh) will vanish also. You are not disturbed about WSh refreshing. I agree, in dungeons LSh is not a valuable buff, but for raids, especially heroic, this buff is important enough. With raid buffs one orb will trigger 3500 ÔÇô 4000 dmg to attacker (if LSh is improved by talent!). When I began to use LSh in raids I spent near 2 months to understand when and how to refresh it, without spell rotation interrupting. True, LSh triggers after physical damage only and some boss damage aura will not ÔÇ£fireÔÇØ it. Such bosses like Festergut, BQL, PP, BPC will not trigger LSh, but other bosses or their trashes will hit you. For example, Lord Marrowgar will hit you during Bonestorm; LDW trashes doing some kind of AoE physical damage which will force you to refresh LSh frequently; Gunship, DBS, Rotface, VDW and LK trashes (LSh done 65 ÔÇô 70k dmg during 9 minutes) will hit you a lot; Sindragosa can hit your character with Cleave and Tail Lash in general she permanently consumes my character orbs. I recapping permanently, that elemental shamans need more DoT sources of damage and LSh is not bad choice. Each additional, even minor, source of damage is welcome, because during long fighting encounters it stacks a huge amount of damage! For example, FS DoT damage is light, but check it on the Recount tab ÔÇô it is after Lava damage (near 8 ÔÇô 9% from overall damage).

Elemental shaman 6kGS spells damage @ LM during 2min

FS DoT doing a surprisingly huge damage compared with such horrendous Lava spell even. LSh "DoT" doing 50% damage, which FS DD has in most situations, but in the encounters when characters takes a lot of physical hits, like LK, LSh is near or greater than FS DD damage!

About Glyph of Thunderstorm

You need this glyph after Resurrection and in encounters, which requires to cast CL spell frequently like LM, LDW, Gunship, Rotface, PP, VDW, LK and in other raids.

For Example, watch Demo: Lethality vs Professor Putricide 10 Heroic by Rexarjr

... during phase 3 tanks lost control and OT was killed. I took aggro for a while to save healers and other casters.

8. It's true that Water Shield also vanishes immediately but I'm not disturbed by this because it works also when you're not in combat.
    Anyway, thank you for the chart. I'm sure that in raids some of my tactics will change.

9. nah 15k dmg total for one milion plus dmg is lack of dps bonus , better 1000x water shield

10. nah 15k dmg total for one milion plus dmg is lack of dps bonus , better 1000x water shield
    I agree, damage is low compared with LB or Lava, especially in short fights (prev. 3 min only). At many boss encounters over 5 min period, it can stack enough, can be the same as FF DD overal. In general the LSh, improved by talents, doing the same damage as FF DD normal. Just imagine, in previous example done on x4 FS DD more without any GCD or spell rotation interruption, through Lighting Shield. This damage can complement the losin of DPS due to latency or lag spikes, that you can have during the encounter.

11. This is very well written and comprehensive, thank you.

12. This guide/project....respect:)

Thank you so much

iAmAthirat
    All these guides, yet noone beats old retired Athirat.

14. re

What enchant should be done on weapon black magic or sp ?

15. What enchant should be done on weapon black magic or sp ?
    Good question, by the way. Due to nuances of gemming and enchanting the BiS gear, I decided to add, a week ago, additional two paragraphs to chapter 2: 2.8. Gems for the BiS Gear and 2.9. The Elemental Shamans Best Enchants. The enchants usefulness depends by spell rotation kind (single or AoE) and boss encounter type (static or dynamic). Try to visit this guide later. Moreover, I found a superb supporting and detailed guide about Black Magic controversy, which I will link also

In general I can answer as: ÔÇ£Get the Spell Power enchant for ToC and ICC raidsÔÇØ.

First 1234 ... Last