krasnirex

Grom Hellscream Drawing

Hello everyone.
    This drawing is based on Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos Cinematic where Grom confronts Manoroth. It was a nice learning experience in Photoshop. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

2. Drawing? As in you actually drew that?

Holy ****. That is ****ing awesome.

3. Drawing? As in you actually drew that?

Holy ****. That is ****ing awesome.
    just saving the quote in case he deletes it...

hint: it was a good PHOTOSHOP learning experience for him.

4. just saving the quote in case he deletes it...

hint: it was a good PHOTOSHOP learning experience for him.
    it's called Digital Painting, normally using a graphics tablet.

Please educate yourself on the mediums of art before being like that.

5. it's called Digital Painting, normally using a graphics tablet.

Please educate yourself on the mediums of art before being like that.
    Not quite. Photoshop is far better for editing pictures, as it is a raster-based editing program. Vector programs are far better programs for tablet drawings, like Illustrator.

Also, for the method of creation for this particular piece of art, it should be obvious.
    Spoiler: Show

It isn't bad work for practice, indeed. This particular form of recreation is a common sort, but it doesn't promote freestyle. Instead, it only teaches mimicing the original work, and that is confined to a single field in most cases.

krasnirex
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. It is a digital drawing made with a graphics tablet. And yes, as I claim in my initial post, the drawing is based on that cinematic from which that frame comes from Sapphire.
    With respects to Photoshop being a good program for digital drawing, remember that a good number of professional concept artists use Photoshop as their main tool. It is true that the drawing mimics the original work. However, throughout history, master painters have taught students by making them copy their work. For example, Rembrandt used to follow this practice. So, I believe that mimicking is a fair way of learning to draw.

7. Amazing!!!
    Holy @#@#$%! god!!!

can you make a draw of "The Joker" please ????

8. Simply looks amazing. Keep making more of this please ^^

9. Not quite. Photoshop is far better for editing pictures, as it is a raster-based editing program. Vector programs are far better programs for tablet drawings, like Illustrator.

You'd be inclined to think that giving the names of the programs, but it's false. Vector based programs are not superior for drawing. It's a great tool for graphical illustrations, User Interface, logos, font design or other clean designs.
    Photoshop is very intuitive and acts much like pen/paint on paper.

Have you ever seen artwork made with Illustrator?
    These images should give you a better idea:
    Illustrator

Photoshop

You can't recreate image B in Illustrator without making it look graphically geometrical. Likewise it's harder to get the result of Image A in Photoshop without using the pen tool.

Saying one or the other is better for tablet drawings is like saying your digital camera is far better for urban landscapes than for natural landscapes.

---------------

Ontopic: it's a little rough, but good value study. Keep it up.

bloodyguilt
    As a fellow artist, I must say:

Really well done job!

krasnirex
    Thank you for such nice comments everyone.