1. A) I'm going to make a rogue aswell. I wanna ask if it's worth making rogue for PVE and what PVE spec is the best? As Diamtee said

Is combat rogue that useful? I just don't wanna have trouble with joining any group or guild runs.

B) One more question (Yes/No bcs i dont wanna start new thread) If rogue is not worth is Fire Mage PVE better than combat rogue?
    Well, fire mage does do more damage than rogue but rogue is more fun, cooler and being a melee class is always a plus in my book.
    Also that PvE set on an undead rogue, too edgy :D

2. A) I'm going to make a rogue aswell. I wanna ask if it's worth making rogue for PVE and what PVE spec is the best?
    Is combat rogue that useful? I just don't wanna have trouble with joining any group or guild runs.
    Well, the 4% to all physical damage is a unique buff that no other class provides. Problem is that Hack&Slash procs only of main hand auto attacks; no offhand procs, no special abilities proc. So atm fist/daggers combat does more dps (checked).

B) One more question (Yes/No bcs i dont wanna start new thread) If rogue is not worth is Fire Mage PVE better than combat rogue?
    At BiS level, you'll hardly outdps a mage of equal "skill" (then again, all classes have this problems). But there's a lot more mages around than there is rogs, especially now with the ret fixes, even more mages emerged. And ya, rog is more fun than a mage. :)

3. Thanks, I will make a rogue then :)
    So, if i understand correctly i shouldn't go for Hack and Slash talent and play with fistw or daggers as combat ? For heirlooms I think that it will be good to take both Balanced Heartseeker and Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charger?

4. Don't go combat at all.

No, people don't know how to play it (if they did, they wouldn't recommend combat). Btw, yes deep assasination's severely bugged, but the maximum DPS you can pull with it is greater than the max. DPS you can pull with whatever the variety of combat.

Assasination > Combat (even though energy regen. from the >>>>>>>>>>>>>Focused ****in' Attacks<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< is messed up, so it isn't there at all).

You'll waste your time reading the posts countering this and saying combat's the way to go.

5. For Arena, Rogue is the worst class of the 10 on this patch. It's just too weak and easy to kill. That's being said it's still possible to get top ranks with.

For BG's, Rogue is pretty good, if you know what you're doing.

6. energy regen. from the >>>>>>>>>>>>>Focused ****in' Attacks<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< is messed up, so it isn't there at all).
    Whats wrong with focused attacks?

I did a quick test and energy from focused attacks I gained (according to recount) = (meele crits + muti crits + envenom crits) x 2, which seems alright, or?

7. Yeah, don't test it. None of us should test it and come out saying "we tested it and it seems fine... maybe... idk?" We don't have a benchmark for comparison, but when something's broken it's obviously broken as it doesn't do anything according to the #tooltip, ai?

Focused Attacks do regain energy, yeah, but with such a delay it makes the whole thing useless. Here's how you can test it the layman's way. Go to whatever bunch of mobs (atleast 20 mobs min.) which will live through atleast 4-5 FoK's (VH mobs trashing the doors maybe) and start spamming FoK. Now, even here it worked in a way that you'd never go under 100/100 of energy because of all those melee crits (and so it was on retail, which means it's legitimate). However, now it feels as if you did an unglyphed Mutilate vs a single target and without the Overkill buff up. It simply doesn't regenerate the energy it should, or in a way it should.

Btw, Death Grip isn't interrupting anything for over a month now, just like the last time they favored aesthetics over functionality :S And such vital things aren't in the bug tracker.

8. So it regens right amount of energy (thats what I tested, since I didnt know what was supposed to be wrong...), only in bad timing -> AoE suffers. Single target doesnt rly matter.

9. Savage Combat is identical with Blood Frenzy.

Rogues are NOT a bad class for PvP on 3.3.5. Idk who told you that. Assa smashes platers and others, and Sub is king in arenas.

Yes, Mages deal more DPS than Rogues. Mages are the top DPS class on WotLK with Fury Warrs. This doesn't mean you shouldn't play Rogue.

PvE Combat > Assa. Assa only beats Combat in motionless tank'n'spank fights, and these fights don't matter...

Regarding Assa's bottom tier talents - I noticed Find Weakness only improves the bonus damage of Mutilate and not the % wep dmg (same for Sinister Strike, but that doesn't matter for Assa). I don't know if it is working as intended though. Also Seal Fate procs from finishers (Evisc i.e.), which is a positive bug... I don't see an issue with any other talent in Assa. Combat is a different story...
    Edited: June 28, 2015

10. Savage Combat is identical with Blood Frenzy...
    When saying about combat rogs bringing a unique raid buff with SC, I was refering to PvE part of the game. And you'll hardly find an end game PvE arms war in raid. At least not a brained one... PvP with rog, I always went sub. Shadow step is just too much of a fun.

11. Fire mage pve is the highest (among the highest blah blah blah hunters and rets too) dps, but it doesnt do a ton in terms of raid buffs besides 5% increased crit for magic on the boss

12. Rets were never among the highest on retail - only on Warmane. And that is no more since the last fixes. As Paladins, people take Rets for their utility Imp BoM, 3% crit, 3% haste, Replenishment, HoP, HoSac, HoSalv. Hunters - I've never seen a serious raiding guild without a Hunter in their core group for Kinetic Bombs and Enrage removal.

So yes, Mages and Fury may bring little apart from their DPS (table, Arc Intellect, 5% crit), but that DPS is the best from all classes, which justifies their lack of utility.
    Edited: June 29, 2015

13. Rogues are NOT a bad class for PvP on 3.3.5.
    Actually, you are wrong about that. We are the weakest PvP class on this patch. You have to play rogue way better then other people have to play their class to get anywhere in 3.3.5.

Just look at the list: Arms, Holy, ele sham, Destro lock, Frost mage, Shadow priest, Dks. Play any of those and you have a way easier time in arena. A good ret/rogue, disc/rogue and spriest/ rogue can still get to rankings, keep in mind I never said we are completely useless. But the effort you gotta put in is greater on any of the specs you can possibly play compared to other classes.

14. So you're basically telling me they're bad in the same way Destro is bad on Cataclysm - good, but only if you put enormous amounts of effort.

15. Actually, you are wrong about that. We are the weakest PvP class on this patch. You have to play rogue way better then other people have to play their class to get anywhere in 3.3.5.

Just look at the list: Arms, Holy, ele sham, Destro lock, Frost mage, Shadow priest, Dks. Play any of those and you have a way easier time in arena. A good ret/rogue, disc/rogue and spriest/ rogue can still get to rankings, keep in mind I never said we are completely useless. But the effort you gotta put in is greater on any of the specs you can possibly play compared to other classes.
    Well somehow i agree and disagree.I would rather say "rogue in begginer-medium hands is weakest pvp class" while in hands of really skilled player it is r1 viable.Also frost mage isnt that easy ,its actually hardest caster to play.

So you're basically telling me they're bad in the same way Destro is bad on Cataclysm - good, but only if you put enormous amounts of effort.
    No!Destro is actually much worse ,even if you play 100% properly there is like 1% chance to get r1.

First 123 Last