1. Last summary:
    Multiboxing isn't available to everyone. You don't go into wow with the Notice:
    Warning: $10,000 worth of Computers required.
    False. Your average today's computer should be able to run 5 WoW clients without much issue. My own computer is from 2010.

2. Hopefully it's gonna be banned because warsong gulch or the battle for gilneas with 5 people zerging all over isn't that fun at all if not I would actually call it cheating because that way you are guaranteed to win and get honor a.k.a. the same thing hacks or bots do but those are illegal.
    It won't become illegal on Molten so don't whine about it. Sides the people who do multibox have a higher chance in donating. I don't multibox myself only cause I tried and it was to much of a pain in the *** to set up...on top of that I am not willing to make 5-10 google email accounts just to get 5-10 extra characters online. On top of that, you can easily beat a multiboxer in BGs just by spreading your team and capturing multiple points as the boxer can't split off in multiple directions. Also just kill the main one then finish the rest if you must PvP against them.

3. I used to one shot Juggertank with my 4 bm hunter on the old warsong realm. Somehow he couldnt get over it until today. :(

4. Last summary:
    This made my day.
    U need to spend around 400 euro to get a pc that is capable to handle 5 WoWs.

5. Well technically its a 3rd party program that mimics your "moves" and that's a bot.....
    Fishing bot just fishes like you would and just loots your fish and that's forbidden, but multiboxing is not?
    All in all, I remember when ATI tool tip made the Warden ban you because its a 3rd party program so ye....

6. It's not The Alliance's Fault for being good. Since Sentinel's cracked down on hacking, the horde has lost their biggest BG-carrying cheaters. Now all they have is Boxing... Multiboxing uses a broadcast (3rd party) program to Control BOT characters to mimic a single character. This gives one PERSON the ability to be 10x more Powerful than another PERSON.

Argument: X Skilled players can outmatch a X-Count Multiboxer.
    Rebuttal: 1 Skilled player can outmatch X skilled players... using a CHEAT.

Last summary:
    I do not care about Alliance skill and i've never talked about it!On the contrary i think my quote was ''allies had the numbers , horde had the quality''.On the hackers part,i agree most of flyhackers were hordies but if reverse psychology is a thing,their main characters weren't Horde side ;) !!! My objection is on fair chances now!(Multiple resets to cope with the gear gap)

7. Well technically its a 3rd party program that mimics your "moves" and that's a bot.....
    Please, this has been explained so many times.

Definition of botting:
    A bot is a method of controlling an in-game character by an automated means that does not require direct interaction from a player. Sometimes known as an "autoplaying game client".

Multiboxing isnt botting in any way because there is no automation involved.
    Direct interaction from a player is required to multibox.

8. How can you say that there is no automation involved?
    You have direct interaction from a player only on the first character, the other 1-4 are controlled by the 3rd party program not you, it only copies your commands. The game was not intended to be played by 5 characters at once, if it was you would be able to load 5 characters from a single account. Second thing is, with multibox you can solo some things you normally could not, and that kills the social part of WoW and LFG becomes pointless. Plus it saves you a huge amount of time as for leveling as for farming honor, gold and enchanting mats. For example, my friend had 3 shamans around 3k GearScore due to multibox and could not do the UP (dungeon) by himself. He needed around 15-20 minutes to clear the starting area and with multibox he farmed around 50+ Dream shards and a ton of Infinity dust and Cosmic essences within an hour and a half... So yeah its totally fair >.> ...

9. Keep complaining a multiboxer can do the exact same things as a group of 5 people can do.

10. How can you say that there is no automation involved?
    You have direct interaction from a player only on the first character, the other 1-4 are controlled by the 3rd party program not you, it only copies your commands. The game was not intended to be played by 5 characters at once, if it was you would be able to load 5 characters from a single account. Second thing is, with multibox you can solo some things you normally could not, and that kills the social part of WoW and LFG becomes pointless. Plus it saves you a huge amount of time as for leveling as for farming honor, gold and enchanting mats. For example, my friend had 3 shamans around 3k GearScore due to multibox and could not do the UP (dungeon) by himself. He needed around 15-20 minutes to clear the starting area and with multibox he farmed around 50+ Dream shards and a ton of Infinity dust and Cosmic essences within an hour and a half... So yeah its totally fair >.> ...
    There is no automation involved with multiboxing. Using programs to mimic your movements on other clients does not equal using a bot while you do nothing. You still have to move your character attack everything. All it does is mimic the keystrokes you use to operate the character. Essentially you are playing all your characters at once at the same time. While botting does requires no one to operate it only a program to.

11. Keep complaining for Multiboxers! I bet if they implement a fair square 2-3 resets/week you'll start a thread {Why Alliance loses 90% of bgs?}!!!

12. Prot warriors and frost DK's counter mboxers.
    priest mind control will make them kill their own toon.
    they have many counters and many disadvantages.
    A group of 20 shamans multiboxed won't be better than 20 individual players ( same gear ofc ) playing individually in a coordinated attack.

13. Prot warriors and frost DK's counter mboxers.
    priest mind control will make them kill their own toon.
    they have many counters and many disadvantages.
    A group of 20 shamans multiboxed won't be better than 20 individual players ( same gear ofc ) playing individually in a coordinated attack.
    Prot warriors and frost DKs? I think you've got the wrong xpac there. It's been a long while since I've seen a prot warrior in anything PvP in cataclysm, and hungering cold from frost DKs has a cast time, which means barely anyone uses it (and when they try, I just wind shear/mind freeze/AMS it).

Mind Control is a thing, and annoying to deal with if it's on my main character as it severs /follow and /assist, but I've yet to kill myself or one of my teammates because of mind control. But it can happen if the multiboxer is bad, and it's hilarious to see xD. Also always funny when they try to make my pocket healer stab me as if I was actually going to even hit him.

Usually on my DKs I also just Death Grip myself back if I'm being ran off a cliff, or tremor it if on shamans. People tend to forget that tremor also removes charm and sleep, not just fear.

As far as Cataclysm goes, there isn't really a true 'hard-counter' to multiboxing, but all the classes have the means to put them down if they play as a team.

14. If you can't win multiboxers I can advise you to delete this game.

15. Multiboxing uses a broadcast (3rd party) program to Control BOT characters to mimic a single character. This gives one PERSON the ability to be 10x more Powerful than another PERSON.

Last summary:
    Just.. LOL. It's not a cheat when it's allowed, and if you spend 10 grand on a computer for multiboxing in WoW you must be playing 150 accounts.

First 123 Last