1. MOP realms future?

Hello everyone,
    I want to welcome and encourage staff members to express their feelings about this topic especially as it would give us all some answers we need.

People are complaining about the state of MOP realms, bugs, raid or dungeons scripting progress. I could discuss this topic as well, but it's not even half as important as things I want to touch, so please avoid talking about this stuff please.

The real problem right now is Sargeras and it's decreasing population.
    There are few thousands players that are stuck on Sargeras and they don't know what to do. Server population is depleting every day. Players quit Sargeras to go to Frostwolf, retail or quit the game. It's nothing special on one hand, but the problem is that Sargeras is not getting any new players, because whoever is about to start playing MOP on Warmane, he is going to Frostwolf for obvious reasons - no ques, 2-3x more people online at any time.

Sargeras is a dying server and something must be done with it asap. My guild was a pretty solid one, established months ago on Hellscream and it lasted all the wipes and ****. Now we are shrinking every day because people just quit this realm and there is not much we can do.

The question is what is the plan to save Sargeras? After long time transfers from Frostwolf to Sargeras were enabled at cost of 25 vp. Tell me honestly now, who is so crazy to move to less populated realm, that is the same rate, same progress, same everything. It just has less than half of people online at any time.
    People would hesitate with transfering if you were giving them free coins for that.

In my opinion Sargeras will vanish sooner or later. My entire guild is already planning to move to Frostwolf, when prideful gear will be released so the gap between fresh players and old ones is not that huge. I'm pretty sure that many other players or even entire guilds will do exactly the same thing.

Now. We can either wait a month or two and see all this happening or something can be done to NOT LOSE COMMUNITY anymore.
    When Hermes took all our work from us, all our characters, guilds, achievements and everything we valued so much, Kaer said that our most precious thing is our community. I realized then, that he is right. Although right now we lose Sargeras people extremely fast and next month it will barely go up to 1k online at peak hours.

One of the ideas was here on forums several times already. Merge Sargeras and Frostwolf by giving Sargeras players possibility to move to Frostwolf for free. Frostwolf people should be happy with it by having even larger population. Sargeras players will be delighted to have some challenge there again. With such low population Sargeras has become boring and will not be playable soon.

I know you guys have been working on cross realms pvp (arenas and possibly battlegrounds), but it has been going for 2 years now? Do you have any idea when we can expect that idea to be implemented here? Server merge can be done tomorrow and will be fully successful idea, cross realm pvp might take you few more years and not work as intended. People will definitely quit by then.

If any tyrant moderator want to shut my mouth and delete this thread, give me some good reason, why we should not discuss the future of our realm. Or just give me an answer what's going to happen with Sargeras.

Looking forward to your replies guys,
    Regards

2. This is exactly what I had in mind. Sargeras is a dying server and will continue to die out. I stated once when they allowed FW to move to Sarg for VP and I stated that no one will move to a server that is only half the population with the same progression with no incentives.

3. First off, I would like to thank Rufus for reaching out to the staff as well as the community with a post that I personally couldn't agree more with. Coming from someone who has played on neltharian, hellscream and most recently Sargeras, I can confidently say that everything stated in the aforementioned post is sadly enough the truth.

Not only has the general population of Sargeras been dwindling day by day, but it has also taken quite a few high-caliber players from warmane realms and convinced them to play elsewhere. Sooner than later the realm will become obsolete, deeming everyone's hard work once again useless. And judging by the amount of server crashes and wipes, I doubt the community will be fond of yet another issue like this.

Coming from someone with a somewhat higher arena rating, I can say from prior experiences on Sargeras that 3v3 arena que times have grown exponentially since the release of the server. In other words, less teams are queing and que times will only continue to grow. On a normal day, a 3v3 arena que can range from 10 minutes to 20 minutes and some of those que pops are only caused by convincing people in global or guild chat to que up just so an opponent can be found! Although I am aware that higher-rated arena matchmaking system tends to take much longer as a result of less teams being in a higher arena-rating bracket, this is more of a population issue than anything else.

As mentioned earlier, for the sake of the community and the stability of warmane and its MoP realms, it is highly recommended that some sort of solution is brought up. As of right now, Sargeras will be dead within a month. Perhaps a realm merger? Vote points realm transfer? Just some suggestions.

As always, thank you for your continued support and for providing a free-to-play MMO. Keep up the great work.

Regards,
    Jesper
    Horde-Sargeras

4. # Make Sargeras low-rate realm. (lower rate realms have always been more attractive then higher rates on Molten (now
    # Make Sargeras your main realm for testing and releasing new Raids/Arenas/BGs (take organized guilds from Sargeras to help you)
    # Start releasing old content on both realm and improve gameplay quality in all aspects (not just end-game raiding)

Rufus is right, things are messy now on Sargeras, realm is dying and its dying really fast. Doing arenas with just 3 teams playing at the moment. Seeing same names in Battlegrounds over and over, same players. I am the officer and one of raid leaders of the best PvE guild here and i have to tell you its boring as ****, we got no competition at all. What we try to do is to clear it before the guys from FW because we know there is none organized enough on Sargeras to do it before us. We put the stupidest possible questions on our application because ppl do not give a **** about putting some effort into it.

You wouldn't believe how many ppl are considering moving to FW or WoD retail, even my guildies are playing WoD and coming here just for the raids because this realm is really dead...
    Edited: April 18, 2015 Reason: :)

5. Dear All,

I`m part of a PvP guild that decided after all the wipes to set foot on Sargeras. At that point both realms were full and at peak times we had to wait in que. At this point I`m not even high rated (when I`m talking about ratings, I`m taliking about 3s) and I have to wait for que for like 10 mins. Since the population is rapidly falling we are experiencing lets say boriness, cuz there is nothing we can do: No ques for 3s, BGs are not as competitive as they used to be.

I personaly think that Schakall1993 solutions wont help at all. For me the only viable option is server merge. Or atleast transfer from Sargeras to Frostwolf. Again personaly I wont create an other char in FW just to play there, I`ll just quit Warmane. I think a lot of ppl are thinking that way. Not all of us have a lot of free time to lvl up, gear up etc.

Best Regards,
    Legitimen
    <and the Stealthed Rogues>

6. First of prideful wont be here that soon honestly. Look at how slow things are going with dev and IoT is not even "open" they removed several portals and they updated stuff but no portals yet, also ToT second wing is almost on release but nothing yet.. I think we wont see prideful gear on MoP realms soon honestly.

Second the staff should start thinking ways to make sargeras more atractive for people.. like put back the boost packs and set instant 90 limited for accounts ONLY on sargeras, increase the rate to make it more appealing not sure if lowering the rates would help with the many bugged quests around on pandaria dont think it's a good idea. I dont get why the staff havent done anything about this yet they went silent for a while and it's getting back to the same old molten but now with AT members I'm starting to feel like nothing has changed again.

Third and last Sargeras usually gets the upgrades first and sometimes FW gets them first. I honestly dont know why there's difference between two once again staff members have to answer this, because so far I dont see pretty clear how updates are getting handed there's some "ninja" fixes which arent even listed on the changelogs it's strange. As player of Frostwolf I tell you guys to hang in there, nobody but the staff can help you guys out right now.. they will always have the last word no matter what we really want, after all it's their server. Their rules.

7. Sargeras is dead. Thats a fact.
    Whenever you go to warmane.com and see statistics of online players at any realm you see fw has 2x more than sargeras. Sargeras barely reach for 1.5k online players.
    Warmane staff have to do something about this.
    Start working on old content such is black temple or icc so players can have more fun in this game and it will surely attract more players to this realm.
    Please, just do something about it.
    Regards,
    Rubmytotems

8. Its getting to the point of warsong state and that is sad sight to see, old sargeras was always the most populated one.

Everyone thought things will change with AT merge and everything you said, but honestly you are struggling

9. You people dont get it. Since they moved servers to eu they are a lot more cheaper to maintain than they were. So as long there is around 1k+ people playing they are ok with it cause most of donations comes from LK.

10. First off i completely agree with Rufus and his statements,Sargeras is dying and i can already say there won't be done much about it, seeing how much Warmane currently cares about MoP servers in general,especially PvP.

-Warmane released arenas on MoP servers even though they are in same or worst state then ex Hellscream/Stormstout just to please community despite the fact they refused to do it before,this caused alot of frustration and i can surely say competative arenas are dead.

-I've noticed Tiger's Peak and Tol'vir arena being relased yesterday(my best guess to please community again),but again in wrong manner,arenas are bugged.
    -Alot of crucial class spells/talents are broken in all possible ways which makes PvP-ing feel like doing it on 255-fun server.

-I've been watching last Warmane Stream and all i can say is that resources they dispose with on MoP realms are rather disapointing and hopeless,person in charge for MoP was behaving rather unprofessional and unware of issues posted on bugtracer months ago.

Only reason i came back to Sargeras was to see some old friends from hellscream and hopefully enjoy the growing community and server improvements but all i've seen was 1step forward,2backwards.

Point of my reply is not that Sargeras is dying at rapid phase but all MoP realms are,just one more faster then another, and unless resources are moved to MoP from futile WoD i don't think there'll be any future whatsoever.
    I personally won't be playing as much MoP anymore as long as it's not brought to be in "MOLTEN-WOW's minimal standards" for something to be live realm.

I hope Warmane moderators don't find my reply as flame but rather as constructive criticism.
    Best Regards | Tommytomtotem

11. Dear All,
    For me the only viable option is server merge. Or atleast transfer from Sargeras to Frostwolf. Again personaly I wont create an other char in FW just to play there, I`ll just quit Warmane. I think a lot of ppl are thinking that way. Not all of us have a lot of free time to lvl up, gear up etc.

<and the Stealthed Rogues>
    Yes that would be...the best solution. But we all know they ain't gonna merge Sarg to FW. These realms exist for more then 5 years already and have been the most populated realms on Molten since coming of MoP. Frostwolf has more players because Frostwolf got famouse during that time. Why? Frostwolf was low rated. Kaer Wolf himself told us on the stream like 5 times that he and all staff members prioritize low-rate realms over high-rated because they are, as much as they are, more Blizzlike. Frostwolf was the realm where stuff got released first, then on Sargeras and so on...I started playing on Sargeras while it was still WoTLK and they have both been moving through expansions, but FW always had more players.

12. This is sad....

Actually, in the past catacylsm realms before hijack, what made sargeras an atractive realm was the high rates. I remenber they were like this:

Frostwolf 3x
    Neltharion 10-12x
    Sargeras 20x

In fact the population was balanced. ¿but why? Well, because there are Different kind of players and like Rufus said, Who the hell would go to a less populated realm with same raid/pvp/general content progression?

Some people feel comfortable in higher rates realms, some people likes medium rates realms (like me, a neltharion player), but there are people that just want to play the most blizzlike possible in lower rates realms.
    ¿solutions?

1. Make rates changes. make sargeras a higher rate realm as it was before.
    2. Incentive people. give a few 90 instant and a few points to people who start in sargeras.
    3. In a future open realm transfer from neltharion (cata) to sargeras (mop).
    4. AND MAKE SARGERAS A PRIORITY, by annoucements, publicity etc..

there will always exist a realm that is more populated than the others. but we need BALANCE here.

regards:
    Xkill..............droz..................xkiller.
    frostwolf
    Edited: April 19, 2015

13. 1. make rates changes. make sargeras a higher rate realm as it was before.
    Yeah, might do as well.

14. 1. make rates changes. make sargeras a higher rate realm as it was before.
    I see economy problems coming when the realms have different rates.
    Remember what happened when transfers from Ragnaros to lordaeron were available?
    It fúcked up the economy of lordaeron because players from a high rate realm transfered their gold to a x1 realm.

Imo the population problem lies in the general bad state of Warmanes MoP realms.
    Other private servers have better working MoP realms with more available content.
    Our Devs would need to fix things faster so Warmane can compete with the other MoP servers...
    Edited: April 18, 2015

15. Whatever solution Warmane decides to do, they better do it fast. Population is dying out rapidly, in a couple of months Sargeras will be a ghost realm with <1k people at peak hours. The best course of action as mentioned above is to merge Frostowlf and Sargeras via transfers, free or otherwise. I know devs are probably busy working on wod realms (god knows why you thought wod would be a good idea at the current state of the MOP realms) but they need to do something about this fast before the realm is completely dead.

-Magatist

12311 ... Last