1. May 12, 2015  

Agility versus Armor pen (BIS gear)

good day hunter's, i was wondering when u get ur BIS gear what do u prefer go for ? oh sorry i forgot to announce that im talking about MM hunters. :)
    Do u stack up ARP up to 100%? or maybe u lower ur armor pen to increase ur ATP and crit with the agility ? i would like to know ur % of arp, agility, atp and all other things, ill post my own after i come's back from the job. but as i remmember i have BIS gear 87% ARP self buffed but i am testing whole gear gemmed agility, and for now it is working not that bad, 25-26k dps on the dbs fight, around 22-23k on festergut. but sometimes if ur crits fcks up at the beggining dps is screwed up ;/ well the point is i would like to hear ur oppinions, ill update the post after i get back to home :)
    sorry for my english, best regards MiniDPS, Ragnaros.
    Edited: May 12, 2015

2. May 12, 2015  
    I think the sheer stat weightage of Arp is too much to ignore.

This is what Rawr says about the value of Arp when close to the Arp cap. These figures are from stat formulas on retail, so they might not accurately represent the situation on Warmane. The Arp value plugged into the character sheet was 1398.

As you can see, those last 2 points of arp are miles ahead of agility in value.

I understand the argument that Arp provides no benefit to your pet, nor any to Chimera Shot, Chimera-Serpent, or Wild Quiver (so about 35-40% of your damage receives no benefit whatsoever from Arp), and that its value decreases the more movement there is in a fight (less steady shots and auto shots - but more arcane shots). I just feel like a value difference as drastic as the one seen above is impossible to overcome unless the encounter involved an absurd amount of movement or AoE.

All that said, I must confess that I've never actually tried a full Agi build myself, and that it's definitely something I intend to try out at some point, if only to see how it plays out on Warmane.

3. May 12, 2015  
    I think the sheer stat weightage of Arp is too much to ignore.

This is what Rawr says about the value of Arp when close to the Arp cap. These figures are from stat formulas on retail, so they might not accurately represent the situation on Warmane. The Arp value plugged into the character sheet was 1398.

As you can see, those last 2 points of arp are miles ahead of agility in value.

I understand the argument that Arp provides no benefit to your pet, nor any to Chimera Shot, Chimera-Serpent, or Wild Quiver (so about 35-40% of your damage receives no benefit whatsoever from Arp), and that its value decreases the more movement there is in a fight (less steady shots and auto shots - but more arcane shots). I just feel like a value difference as drastic as the one seen above is impossible to overcome unless the encounter involved an absurd amount of movement or AoE.

All that said, I must confess that I've never actually tried a full Agi build myself, and that it's definitely something I intend to try out at some point, if only to see how it plays out on Warmane.
    nice post, ty for ur minds, but yeh thats warmane, and on a hc dummy dps is abit higher with the agility gems etc... so im confused... would like to hear more oppinions :)

4. May 12, 2015  
    This might sound a bit strange but with the training dummies i don't feel they reflect dps right especially when it comes to arp.

5. May 12, 2015  

6. May 12, 2015  
    I'd make a lengthy reply on why ArP is superior to any stat up until 100%, but DarkenedHue already did. I completely agree with what he said, I don't have anything to add. Just posting this to confirm what he said, so he's not the only one saying that :)