1. May 17, 2015  
    Well, I have quite opposite impression; that most of ppl are PVP oriented. But maybe both of us have wrong impressions, cause we both mostly play with same minded ppl (you with PVE, and I with PVP). Anyways, only the poll might give at least close to relevant answer. I do respect PVE players, have some friends that do it, but I was always wondering WHY DO THEY like it so much?

I do PVE like once in 3-5 months, just to oblige my curiosity - to see how it looks, but... no matter how good is some boss or dungeon scripted, at the end of the day, u're still fighting a script. Just a script that will always be the same and make the same moves no matter if it's your 1st, 5th or 555th time u're fighting it. I mean, entire challenge is to figure out how it works (which doesn't really take long) and u're good to go. There is even an addon that tells u what to do and when. O.o

On PVP on other hand, U'RE FIGHTING A REAL INTELLIGENT HUMAN BEING. How can anything top that feeling?

Again, I respect PVE, I'm not disrespecting anyone, I'm just trying to understand what it is that pushes u, cause I can't find it.
    I think you are right (as for the perspective of each one of us being obscured by our choice/style of game). We can meet half way and agree that PVP and PVE can't be one without another.

I will try to answer why am I focused on PVE mostly: Firstly I do not like the very idea or style of WoW's PVP. There are too many aspects affecting one's performance and you depend from others most of the time. Current unbalance of classes that is present on our Pandaria realms doesn't help me like it neither.
    On the other hand, yes PVE is all scripts that can be interpreted or learned to the point that they seem "simple", I agree. Nevertheless it's not trivial and very progression that you have to make with your friends and your characters is what's motivating people. One last thing too, PVE is a part of the lore, part of the story. Once you down the Lich King or kill the Deathwing you will feel as "part of the story" and as if you actually accomplished something.

Give me your side of the story, can you feel importance of you as a pvp player in one of thousands of BGs that you're playing or in numbers that represent your arena rating. Thank you for opening this topic and keeping it on the point where I find interest in discussing it. Also thanks for your understanding, I hope my post didn't offend anyone and also all my respect to PVP community.

2. May 17, 2015  
    that means, our cp and honor points will be deleted and we won´t have new gear? what a ****

3. May 17, 2015  
    I think you are right (as for the perspective of each one of us being obscured by our choice/style of game). We can meet half way and agree that PVP and PVE can't be one without another.

I will try to answer why am I focused on PVE mostly: Firstly I do not like the very idea or style of WoW's PVP. There are too many aspects affecting one's performance and you depend from others most of the time. Current unbalance of classes that is present on our Pandaria realms doesn't help me like it neither.
    On the other hand, yes PVE is all scripts that can be interpreted or learned to the point that they seem "simple", I agree. Nevertheless it's not trivial and very progression that you have to make with your friends and your characters is what's motivating people. One last thing too, PVE is a part of the lore, part of the story. Once you down the Lich King or kill the Deathwing you will feel as "part of the story" and as if you actually accomplished something.

Give me your side of the story, can you feel importance of you as a pvp player in one of thousands of BGs that you're playing or in numbers that represent your arena rating. Thank you for opening this topic and keeping it on the point where I find interest in discussing it. Also thanks for your understanding, I hope my post didn't offend anyone and also all my respect to PVP community.
    I guess I never looked at PVE at that way. I understand how it feels being part of the story. I played ICC on WOTLK as well, and id does feel good, but for me once or twice is enough. As I said, I do play it occasionally, very rare, but I do. And just same as u, I prefer server to have both PVP and PVE content. PVP only servers are stupid and boring, cause than there is only BG and arena. It's good to have diversity. But still, I find PVE to be a side part, smth. to play a bit just to relax. or if u're tired of constant top notch fighting. But I don't find it to be very challenging, and most importantly, as I said, once u finish certain instance, It feels like BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. And as for character progression; yeah, I get that part, but what's the point if u can't use that gear to fight others. U can, but it matters only in world PVP and ONLY if your PVE gear is significantly stronger. If it is close or equal to opponent with PVP gear, you lose right there. And in arenas and BGs, if u enter with PVE gear u might as well say: "dinner is served" cause you're not a real threat. So character progression is there only in a way that next time you'll do more damage and finish instance easier or faster.

Now, to answer your question how I feel about PVP not being part of story: You are right, but It still makes u special being part of victory. Especially when I'm with lover PUGs and I'm caring the rest. But what I enjoy the most is the fact that when u fighting really good player, u need to give in your best. And when u find someone that actually playing same char and doing better, you learn from it, you improve and it pushes forward. I just love that feeling when someone beats you, and than you adopt and beat him back on second or third fight. I mean, ppl can say what they want, but to be at top of the game is to be top PVPer. Again, don't take this wrong, I'm not disrespecting PVE players, but I know for fact that if u bring goof PVP player to raid, he will be solid straight away, probably from middle up, if not even among top ones. If u bring good PVE player without much PVP experience to a PVP buttle, he will probably be easy opponent. It's not because he's bad, but because PVE environment, doesn't matter how much you play there, can't prepare u for actual fight with live intelligent person. And talking about character progression. With PVP gear it really feels like progression, cause u actually use that gear to fight others.
    Edited: May 17, 2015

4. May 17, 2015  
    Wait what are the conquest points gonna reset now?

Meh nvm found another post and it says they wont be :P
    Edited: May 17, 2015

5. May 18, 2015  
    Only season earned is reseted ppl no new pvp gear and so on. Peace

6. May 18, 2015  
    We're not even on the correct patch for prideful anyways.
    Edited: May 18, 2015

7. May 18, 2015  
    Torcida1950 I didn't want to quote your post, we've made a huge wall of text anyway, heh. Thanks for having time to read my side of the story, I've read yours also and thank you for the discussion. This is the first time someone cared to be open-minded and as intellectual as possible when it comes to this subject. I guess we're both right, we've just chosen to play a game on our own way and that's okay. Just as you said you're using PVE for diversity and let's say "taking a break" from PVP, I sometimes do the same (but other way around).
    I wish you a good luck in the fields of honor and hope to maybe see you in a raid with me. Farewell friend.

8. May 18, 2015  
    Torcida1950 I didn't want to quote your post, we've made a huge wall of text anyway, heh. Thanks for having time to read my side of the story, I've read yours also and thank you for the discussion. This is the first time someone cared to be open-minded and as intellectual as possible when it comes to this subject. I guess we're both right, we've just chosen to play a game on our own way and that's okay. Just as you said you're using PVE for diversity and let's say "taking a break" from PVP, I sometimes do the same (but other way around).
    I wish you a good luck in the fields of honor and hope to maybe see you in a raid with me. Farewell friend.
    Well, I too like every intelligent conversation and discussions and I wanted to know your side of story. Wanted to understand better what drives u and other like u to chose that aspect o the game.. thanks for sharing as well.

All the luck on raiding. Who knows, maybe we'll fight together one day (PVP or PVE).

Regards

First 12