1. May 23, 2015  

PvP Destruction

Is it as powerful as it was back in wotlk days?

I've been playing destro since TBC, played it a lot during WOTLK (and, with TBC experience, it was such a walk in the park) and I had planned on going destro in cata as well.

However, from what I could see in bgs, warlocks don't seem threatening in general. Most of them roll affli and I have no problem stomping them as warrior/enha/rogue. I can just burst them down and they put no pressure. As far as destros are concerned, I haven't met any... oh wait, I remember getting shadowfury'd by someone once but couldn't target it afterwards because it probably got shot by someone else lol.

I want to hope that what I met were just very horrendous locks and that the class isn't as weak as I've seen. I truly hope succubus/destro is still playable to excellent levels. God, people couldn't even move in wotlk when I did the destro chain, I really miss that flawless gameplay :/

Thanks for your attention

PS: are there any really invalidating bugs that make destro a **** spec? D:

2. May 24, 2015  
    this is cobrak channel from cata: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGM...Mx4uSZA/videos

destro is only good for dueling (until you lose to some stupid ret which shouldnt happen in a million years) i played some prewipe with full cata gear gotta admit its the most entertaining class/spec to play. DMG in general sucks entire class feels like dot class with 20k cbs and 15kish incinerates i mean whoever designed demon soul for destro pvp was on crack if you use succu you only get 10% increased shadowbolt dmg, imp gives 30% more crit on destro spells so yeah.... might be good for duels and random bgs especially with rathrak/cunning/or that haste trinket and being human ofc. in arena dispelable immolate goodbye your dmg and procs. and your survivebility relies heavily on stupidity of your opponents

about bugs idk if the destro is bugged itself or just other classes overperform thats why i provided cobraks channel with detailed dueling guides and ****

ps: theres this AT gm/staff member that rapes 3s in arena on cata realms he even made few vids.

3. May 24, 2015  
    I've started playing destro about two months ago here. 100% agree with dxm793, spec is extremly fun and very enjoyable to play. Have to admit, i'm a noob and mostly spam random bgs, not arenas. But the utility and annoyance that u can bring in group pvp is amazing.
    "your survivability relies heavily on stupidity of your opponents" - this is so true, I couldn't have said better.
    I've heard something about our mastery not working, but nothing really game breaking.
    You definitely should give it a try.

4. May 24, 2015  
    so it's not as powerful as it was in WOTLK.... meh, I did 14k chaos bolt in WOTLK with trinket procs and I do the same in cata D: ? That's ****ed up.

I mean, mages go around doing 50k ice lance, and ice lance is a ****ing instant spell that can be spammed for 30k+ dmg everytime the target is frozen or FoF procs.

Also, I've asked ingame and I got told in more than one instance that incinerate does more damage than chaos bolt... how the **** is that even possible? I mostly do rbgs, so I don't care much about arena itself. Or well, it would have been nice if it was viable in arena too, but meh.

I had thought of getting rathrak on lock, but I guess I'll save it for spriest or mage. Sigh, lock was my 2nd main :(

5. May 30, 2015  
    In terms of a competitive spec, its outdone by affliction in every way. But if your just playing to enjoy yourself and you don't care about competitive then destro is fine, just know a frost mage does everything you do better. The plus sides of a destro is that they survive better than affy does, but demo survives better than they do.