1. Warriors in pvp?

It's been like 3 years since I played on wotlk so I forgot, but how good are warriors in PvP? I know they're pretty complicated to play, but does that at least come with a benefit of being able to beat most classes?

2. Well roll them if you like them to play. I will roll prot for pvp and dont care what other say. Always can switch to arms. More complicated than in MOP for sure.

3. Warrior is a really good class in pvp. Both arms and protection are viable and funny specs to play, either in arena or battlegrounds. We suck only in 1vs1 situations because we are easy to kite and we lack a form of good self-healing. In the 2vs2 bracket the Arms Warrior-Holy Paladin combo is the most common rank 1 team, and the Discipline Priest version is good too. Just one warning, if you are going to roll a warrior in the Lordaeron realm you will have to face a gear progression sistem which will favor casters and ranged dps at the beginning, at least until the Relentless/TOC gear will become avaible. The warrior class is gear dependent so don't expect to reach high ratings during the first two raid tiers.

4. Warrior is a really good class in pvp. Both arms and protection are viable and funny specs to play, either in arena or battlegrounds. We suck only in 1vs1 situations because we are easy to kite and we lack a form of good self-healing. In the 2vs2 bracket the Arms Warrior-Holy Paladin combo is the most common rank 1 team, and the Discipline Priest version is good too. Just one warning, if you are going to roll a warrior in the Lordaeron realm you will have to face a gear progression sistem which will favor casters and ranged dps at the beginning, at least until the Relentless/TOC gear will become avaible. The warrior class is gear dependent so don't expect to reach high ratings during the first two raid tiers.
    Prot is not that gear dependent, all you need is some block value :)

5. so, warrior prot good in battlegrounds?
    i m gonna make warrior in lordaeron server, but i dont know what spec for pvp

6. We suck only in 1vs1 situations because we are easy to kite and we lack a form of good self-healing.
    Damn...I really like 1v1's :/

Well roll them if you like them to play.
    I don't really know what I want to play which is why I made a few threads asking about stuff. I know I won't be playing a Paladin (rip my sweet sweet prince) as after 4 years it got a bit...eh...

Also nubs would be trash talking every time saying "retlol, mash face harder".

So that's why I was asking, to figure out if warrior is the class I'd like. Was mainly going for a 1v1 class.
    Edited: August 19, 2015

7. Damn...I really like 1v1's :/

I don't really know what I want to play which is why I made a few threads asking about stuff. I know I won't be playing a Paladin (rip my sweet sweet prince) as after 4 years it got a bit...eh...

Also nubs would be trash talking every time saying "retlol, mash face harder".

So that's why I was asking, to figure out if warrior is the class I'd like. Was mainly going for a 1v1 class.
    If you want a 1v1 class, then chose a prot warrior.
    The only classes that counter you(and by counter I mean you have absolutely no ****ing chance to beat them)

- Arms warrior(arms should NEVER lose to a prot warrior, period.)
    - Frost mage, well played mage will always win, always.
    - And maybe death knight and ele shaman, but this one is 50-50.

You shouldn't have problems beating other classes.

I'm not sure how it's gonna be on Lordaeron tho, arms warriors will heal less because their health won't be as high as it would be in BIS gear and their arp will be really bad, but yours will be bad too, so who knows, it's really hard to tell, but I'm sure prot will be one of the most fun spec to play when everyone has like 20-25k hp and you're able to crit for 10k or so on most players :D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you decide to make a prot warrior please DO NOT follow the shield slam guide by Clovis, in 3.3.5 you don't need more than 1960 block value, anything that goes above that gives you almost no damage increase on shield slam.

so, warrior prot good in battlegrounds?
    If you know how to control 2 people, you'll easily 2v1 people in bgs at low Naxx/Ulduar gear.
    I used to do a lot of 2v1 arena on my prot warrior, got to 1.8k rating with 55% win ratio.
    Edited: August 19, 2015

8. so, warrior prot good in battlegrounds?

Dat gear ...

9. If you want a 1v1 class, then chose a prot warrior.
    The only classes that counter you(and by counter I mean you have absolutely no ****ing chance to beat them)

- Arms warrior(arms should NEVER lose to a prot warrior, period.)
    - Frost mage, well played mage will always win, always.
    - And maybe death knight and ele shaman, but this one is 50-50.

You shouldn't have problems beating other classes.

I'm not sure how it's gonna be on Lordaeron tho, arms warriors will heal less because their health won't be as high as it would be in BIS gear and their arp will be really bad, but yours will be bad too, so who knows, it's really hard to tell, but I'm sure prot will be one of the most fun spec to play when everyone has like 20-25k hp and you're able to crit for 10k or so on most players :D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you decide to make a prot warrior please DO NOT follow the shield slam guide by Clovis, in 3.3.5 you don't need more than 1960 block value, anything that goes above that gives you almost no damage increase on shield slam.

If you know how to control 2 people, you'll easily 2v1 people in bgs at low Naxx/Ulduar gear.
    I used to do a lot of 2v1 arena on my prot warrior, got to 1.8k rating with 55% win ratio.
    What about prot pala vs prot war 1v1? :/

10. What about prot pala vs prot war 1v1? :/
    Oh yea, i forgot, prot pala ****s us up pretty bad xD
    I don't even consider prot pala a real PvP spec, it's worse than ret, at least ret requires some skill to play, prot pala is just button smashing.
    Nop, this video is really old, back when there was no block value cap on shield slam, you won't see such damage now, he also got his gear wrong too :P
    Edited: August 20, 2015

11. Maybe even a blood dk should be able to beat you in a duel. Btw, prot seems to be a more attracting spec in pvp for the Lordaeron realm because it doesn't need all that gear like arms does. The only problem would be the lack of Mortal Strike in arena.

12. Oh yea, i forgot, prot pala ****s us up pretty bad xD
    I don't even consider prot pala a real PvP spec, it's worse than ret, at least ret requires some skill to play, prot pala is just button smashing.

Nop, this video is really old, back when there was no block value cap on shield slam, you won't see such damage now, he also got his gear wrong too :P
    What is problem with a gear? Can you explain more?

13. Maybe even a blood dk should be able to beat you in a duel. Btw, prot seems to be a more attracting spec in pvp for the Lordaeron realm because it doesn't need all that gear like arms does. The only problem would be the lack of Mortal Strike in arena.
    Prot will indeed be better on Lordaeron the first few months.
    I cant wait to play prot on Lord, will have so much fun :D
    What is problem with a gear? Can you explain more?
    He has more than 1960 block value.
    As I said before, you do NOT need more than 1960 BV, anything above that number is completely useless.
    This guy has like 2.5k-2.6k looking at what gear he is using.
    Edited: August 20, 2015

14. It's been like 3 years since I played on wotlk so I forgot, but how good are warriors in PvP? I know they're pretty complicated to play, but does that at least come with a benefit of being able to beat most classes?
    The only true difficulty about warrior pvp in LK is making good keybinds and macro choices.
    There is a lot of weapon swapping and stance dancing. (Arms of course) . Prot is a little...slow paced compared to the dinamics of arms. But prot has its value for sure.

15. - And maybe death knight and ele shaman, but this one is 50-50.
    Uh DK > any warr every ****ing time

12 Last