1. July 3, 2015  

Rogue dmg in the opener

Is there something wrong with the burst dmg of rogs?
    It happens quite frequently to me that certain rogs are able to kill my full grievous geared enh shami in the opener.
    Somehow they manage to kill me in around 8 seconds stun lock so when my pvp trinket is on cd its just over.

Is this insane burst dmg in the opener blizzlike or do they have some positive bugged abilitys or some item that is beeing abused?

2. July 3, 2015  

3. July 3, 2015  
    u need to learn how to counter rogue's opener, that's all.

ppl usually cry for dmg when dmg is not the problem, the problem is the ppl who dont know how to avoid it or properly def agains it

4. July 3, 2015  
    Thank God I'm a DK and that doesn't happen to me.....

5. July 3, 2015  
    u need to learn how to counter rogue's opener, that's all.

ppl usually cry for dmg when dmg is not the problem, the problem is the ppl who dont know how to avoid it or properly def agains it
    The topic is not about how to play in PvP.
    Its about if everything works as intended.

Also there is no counter against the opener of a rog when u play enhance.
    U wanna find the rog with magma totem? :D good luck...
    When the pvp trinket is on cd there is nothing to break the stun lock.
    Edited: July 3, 2015

6. July 3, 2015  
    Heres yer explanation, idk if smtng isnt wrong with find weakness maybe not getting nerfed vs palyer targets but the damage is pretty accurate for grievous gear in my opinion -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgWHRy6Ndo (video seems to be recorded mostly during tyra season according to his items n macros) honestly ur lucky that there isnt many rogues that knows how to do "nightstalker evis oneshots" ^^ most of rogs go for subterfuge anyway

mop subs actually are able to do huge dmg ONLY after leaving stealth, having bleed on ya, and havign ya stunned, as stated above u probs dont know the mechanic yet, its easy to coutner it if u know how the rogue actually works, video actually explains pretty nice what exactly u gotta have up to burst like that ^^ (not like its that hard)

7. July 3, 2015  
    Heres yer explanation, idk if smtng isnt wrong with find weakness maybe not getting nerfed vs palyer targets but the damage is pretty accurate for grievous gear in my opinion -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgWHRy6Ndo (video seems to be recorded mostly during tyra season according to his items n macros) honestly ur lucky that there isnt many rogues that knows how to do "nightstalker evis oneshots" ^^ most of rogs go for subterfuge anyway
    hm... it seems that the rog in this video attacks mainly lower geared enemys. At least most of them have less hp.

as stated above u probs dont know the mechanic yet, its easy to coutner it if u know how the rogue actually works
    There isnt much to understand. When ur hp drops from 100% to 0% during the stun lock and u have no ability to break the stun nor something to drastically reduce the dmg taken then u are just dead.
    And yes, ofc i use Shamanistic rage.

8. July 3, 2015  
    A rogue can kill you in his opener if you don't have a trink ready. But don't expect this in Arenas, for a rogue to do that he needs to pop EVERY single CD and even Preparation to pop the cd's again. So if this happens to you in an arena /lol him while your partner cc's him.
    I only ever did it in duels or bg's when I was bored

And if people say this a bug and they shouldn't be able to do that then go watch Sensus' videos on YouTube about doing this.

9. July 3, 2015  
    A rogue can kill you in his opener if you don't have a trink ready. But don't expect this in Arenas, for a rogue to do that he needs to pop EVERY single CD and even Preparation to pop the cd's again. So if this happens to you in an arena /lol him while your partner cc's him.
    I only ever did it in duels or bg's when I was bored

And if people say this a bug and they shouldn't be able to do that then go watch Sensus' videos on YouTube about doing this.

It does happen in arenas, I often drop bellow 20% in a rogue opener even before he unstealths, and the worst thing is that he can simply wait up in stealth for some time until some of his vital CDs are up, I would love if there would be a solution for arenas where any class could be in stealth for up to 30 seconds tops at once and it would reset upon dealing damage.

10. July 3, 2015  
    Im wondering how it gonna be when Siege of Orgrimmar gear is available.
    Imagine the opener of a rog with 572 pve trinkets.
    As far i know these pve items arent even scaled down in the open world.

11. July 3, 2015  
    Im wondering how it gonna be when Siege of Orgrimmar gear is available.
    Imagine the opener of a rog with 572 pve trinkets.
    As far i know these pve items arent even scaled down in the open world.
    You're right, atm rogues and ww monks with pve trinkets do insane amounts of dmg, adding prideful without going to 5.4.8 is pointless, it will be "to oneshot or to be oneshotted".

12. July 3, 2015  
    seems u still dont got the point of the sub... it has its damage during the opener only, thats the only time where this so called "oneshot" can happen, in arenas, rogue is supposed to be cced IMMIDIATELY on its opener by ur part, if it wont get cced, u wont trinekt the opener stun, and u wont get any def up from either urself, partner or anything, u might drop to 20% hp or just die, thats how it is... to the sensus video i linked... no he doesnt attack lower geared targets, not like it matters in way of how resil was done on tyra season, also u can see him hiting 120k with subterfuge talent (50% evis dmg less fro mso called oneshot macro) evis crits with tyra gear - wer one season above that already, if u watch his pride season videos u may see some nasty 300k evises with nightstalker - real problem here is again as usually every time ppl complains about the damage - > buffstacking, and pve trinkets not downscaling in pvp envinronment - if that gets fixed im pretty sure there will be way less complaisn about "big damage" - i didnt checked it yet anyhow but im again not sure if find weakness / collossus smash gets nerfed vs player targets, which could lead to higher opener damage, but i didnt found anything on tracker about it so idk

13. July 3, 2015  
    I have never seen rogue kill a warrior in defensive stance in opener on retail, sure it would bring him to 25% but not kill him like it does here. Granted that rogue did have a PvE 530ilvl trinkets and that's probably the reason he could do that. All PvE gear was scaled to 512 in Grievous season, unfortunately scaling here doesn't work and it makes some PvE gear OP when compared to PvP.

14. July 3, 2015  
    I have never seen rogue kill a warrior in defensive stance in opener on retail, sure it would bring him to 25% but not kill him like it does here. Granted that rogue did have a PvE 530ilvl trinkets and that's probably the reason he could do that. All PvE gear was scaled to 512 in Grievous season, unfortunately scaling here doesn't work and it makes some PvE gear OP when compared to PvP.
    Here on Warmane, pve trinkets don't even work :))))))
    You talking bout rogues yes ? Talisman of bloodlust is not working .. it has only agility .. the equip thing to give haste does not proc ever ...
    Many other trinkets are the same ..
    So what OP pve items are we talking about ?

not to mention you sacrifice quite alot of pvp power or crit from PVP trinket to get a non working pve one ..
    for example Talisman .. 1500 agi vs 1900 pvp power .. that's about all it is

15. July 3, 2015  
    Here on Warmane, pve trinkets don't even work :))))))
    You talking bout rogues yes ? Talisman of bloodlust is not working .. it has only agility .. the equip thing to give haste does not proc ever ...
    Many other trinkets are the same ..
    So what OP pve items are we talking about ?

not to mention you sacrifice quite alot of pvp power or crit from PVP trinket to get a non working pve one ..
    for example Talisman .. 1500 agi vs 1900 pvp power .. that's about all it is
    For example Bad Juju gives you 1500 Mastery and 8k Agility. 8k to primary stat is not much right? Please man...

123 Last