1. What do you think of the new transmog and free gear system ?

Hi,

I wanted to know what do people think about the new system.

Personaly I really don't understand why the staff did this. A few times ago I sent Malaco emails with suggestion to make a new system, he told me that the thing the staff wanted was to give a purpose to players and make them farm.
    But how ? HOW will people farm now that everything is free ? Basically every transmog is free if you want s4 you just have to take for example the healer one when the melee one requires rating and they look the same. And with free wrathfull too people have nothing to gain by playing.
    You want people to play ? Remove transmog from everybody. Make the arena transmog free when you got the rating and for other transmog (with Id) you should do that 50 arena win give you one token.

Because now I have one question : WHAT ARE WE PLAYING FOR ?
    You killed the serv with the free mogs.

That was my point of view

2. "Transmog rework
    More transmog sets is a common thing that a lot of players ask for so we have decided to rework the current system in order to allow more customization and let the players decided on what they want to wear. It would be a strain on the Warmane team to add every single possible variation of a set so why not allow you, the players, to decide what items you want? That’s exactly what we decided to do and you’ll be in charge of what shiny armor you’ll have on you. Every item in the database will be available for transmogrification. All you need to do is enter the item ID at the transmog NPC and it will give you a new cool look. In order for this work we have implemented a new token that will be used to activate this feature. This will be one of the rewards for the previously mentioned Weekly Points System and it will be also available on the Store for those that want to quickly get the look what they want. As this is a purely cosmetical feature we believe it won’t harm the current state of the realm and of course there will be some limitations on what items will be available for transmogrification and the main reason is that some items were not supposed to be ever used and serve only as placeholders in the database, some will also be exclusive for weekly top points and even rating."

Not sure if you read this but everything will NOT be for free, for example "some will also be exclusive for weekly top points and even rating." But yeah mostly everything is free

3. The problem is that we have no info from the staff. We didn't know when the new system was supposed to be implemented or when transmog would be back. They don't speak with the players. The communication really is bad, they always give really vague info like "It's coming soon" but you can't know if soon is 1 day or 1 month. How long will the transmog token be free ? Will every transmog be reset when the transmog token won't be free anymore ?
    Give us something precise

4. Is this bugged? i can ransmog shoulders into brutal that require 2.2k in 2s/3s but can't transmog chest that require 2.2 2s/3s xD

5. Because now I have one question : WHAT ARE WE PLAYING FOR ?
    You killed the serv with the free mogs.

That was my point of view
    good old fashion FUN.

6. good old fashion FUN.
    The thing is that this may be the case for you and I cause I play on wotlk since it's out and I'm still not bored but fun isn't what motivate most people to play and brings new player. You need people to have a goal and things to unlock (I'm not speaking about skill requirement but farming time)

7. @Poxxy:

You should watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrkrvAUbU9Y

Cause I think what he means is that he gets "fun" from being able to choose the transmog he wants. To be autonomous in that decision. And autonomy for a fact IS a motivator. Right on the same level as purpose is.

That DOES NOT mean I suggest free transmogs and no goals whatsoever, though.

8. free gear is good since its a pvp server, every1 should have the same gear, free mog is good as well, idk why u all care so much about xmog, it's just design, not like your enemy have more stats than u...

They should give professions for free as well, since it's the only difference between starter and guys who play the server for a while.

9. In fact what bothers me with free mog is that the skill cap of the server might drop (I don't care if everybody looks like me, I used model swapper so it was already the case).
    I think some good players will stop playing because the only thing that allowed them to prove their skill to everybody was transmog. When you saw a full s4 dude you know that it wasn't a 1500 guy that will **** your soloq game 90% of the time.
    I'm scared that a lot of people will leave because of this. This new transmog system really doesn't bother me but I don't want people to stop playing because the only fun for them was proving they were the best (and if you'd play on this serv for a while you will know that the mentality here is really elitist and people like to show that they are the best).
    Moreover this people I'm speaking about are the most active people. The ones who farm arenas all day long aren't the 1500 guys let's be honest ...

But in the end I really hope that what I say won't be true and it will bring more people to play :)

10. Server is in a good state now, around 1k players online most of the times. I really like the improvement and the changes in gear/transmogs. They removed the hidden MMR thing so everything is perfect now for me.

Mercedesa

11. the free **** is great - why ? cos not everyone has the time or even gets pleasure from farming rating (and frankly am not that skilled to get much above 2k hehe) - so yeah its great - me for example I like to log from time to time and get some HK's on BG's - call me a noob or whatever, I dont care. I dont see why the big fuss - free gear is more of a challenge since now everyone is equal, no more free relentless kills and xmogs are just looks for god's sake. When it goes to playerbase... at the beginning of the merge this realm was so empty and quiet - now there's people everywehre - and thats my concern - there are so many ppl in stormwind (OG is still pretty quiet tho XD) it just kills my fps - bring back irongforge and other malls (god I miss it so much) PLEASE cos **** is just getting too crowded XD

also there's the reindeer - either remove it completly or bring it back ( also i tought it would be so cool if you could actually mog it - just think about it - ppl on isle/bg's would use it and everybody wont have the same looking mount and arena's would stay the same )

sorry for the broken english hehe

12. At the very first i was surprised about the changes in a negative way as soon as i read them. After a closer look ingame i have to admit it didnt change anything to a negative point to be honest. In particular the transmog changes didnt do anything big since they did not replace the rating requirements for the coolest items. There is still alot of "prestigous" transmogrifications which reflect pvp achievments pretty well. So i cant see a reason to complain about that. The only positive thing that happened is that there are less visual stereotypes of characters. You have a lot more of personal creativity options. Also the free gear change is not that big of a deal in my opinion since it wasnt too hard to get full gear before... I can imagine there are alot of players that didnt have the stamina(h3h3h3) to farm the gear ,especially since wotlk is a very whored content and the phase of playing before the real world of warcraft experience steps in is pretty boring to many content "veterans".