1. Professor Putricide 10N

Hey all :)

I was raiding ICC 10N last night with my guild (we're all pretty new to ICC bugs on Warmane) and we got to PP.
    We couldn't get past him as whenever the Gas Cloud (the orange ooze) spawned, it would target someone and just keep running full speed at them until it hit him and wiped the raid.
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's bugged.

But how the hell do we get past him??

Thanks, R.

2. I was raiding ICC 10N last night with my guild (we're all pretty new to ICC bugs on Warmane) and we got to PP.
    We couldn't get past him as whenever the Gas Cloud (the orange ooze) spawned, it would target someone and just keep running full speed at them until it hit him and wiped the raid.
    Professor Putricide, like Deathbringer Saurfang, is a completely bugged encounter that only partially works like retail, and you were correct in assuming it is bugged.

Tactics:

Before Pull: the entire raid stacks up behind the boss with the tank. It is usually best to mark someone to stack on.
    During Pull: the off tank drinks the potion to turn into the abomination. Only then should the main tank pull. Here, it is best to have the most experienced tank be the abomination.
    After Pull: Abomination stacks with the group, and whenever there are green liquid under the raid, who are all stacked, the abomination must then remove it using a spell he has to eat the liquid.

When the orange ooze comes, you don't move, you all stack. If any of you aren't stacked, you will be blown into the air, and for most raids, it is a wipe.

When the green ooze comes, you stack exactly the same position however your dps turn around (still stacked) and attacks the green ooze. This must be attacked over the boss at this stage.

The boss has orange vials that he summons, you must move about 10 yards back from the orange vials or the raid will take heavy damage and wipe. After you move, you must stack again.

Phase 3 - boss reaches 30% it's best to have Heroism. Dispell the abomination then nuke the boss. If green liquid under feet appears, move from it. Here it is best to be spread out. The tank must taunt at around 3 stacks or raid wipe. Continue moving from green liquid until boss is dead.

3. You don't have to do it the way that Baleroc explained though - that is a "requirement" only for Professor Putricide 25 Heroic (will explain later).

Basically what's bugged on this encounter on Normal mode is that the Oozes can't be slowed by Abomination's third ability. That being said, kiting the Orange ooze is next to impossible for the whole duration.

But there are a few abilities that can remove the Orange ooze from reaching the target that it selected. And that's by using one of the following abilities: Hand of Protection, Shadowmeld, Feign Death, Fade, Divine Shield, ...
    Now usually in the raid group you have a Paladin present. His job is to use Hand of Protection on the player that is targeted by the Orange ooze. That will make the Orange ooze to deselect the target and simply move to the next target, BUT its ability to explode will be removed.

That's how you can best avoid it. The stacking tactics is not really "legit" if I may call it. It's up to you if you want to do it the way Baleroc explained, it's just dumbed down though.

As you probably know, if the Green ooze targets someone, you simply have to stack with the target in order to divide the damage taken. You also have to kill the Green ooze, as it will keep on using the spell on random targets.

So basically the Normal mode (be it 10 or 25 man), can be done without any problems - you also have to watch out for Malleable Goo.

The real problem comes in Heroic mode though. Not only that the oozes can't be slowed, sometimes Professor Putricide decides to summon double the oozes instead of one of each (I assume you know that the Orange and Green ooze both spawn at the same time on Heroic, but here on Warmane, sometimes you get 3-4 oozes at the same time). That can be avoided with practise and good coordination.

However, in Heroic mode that's not the only thing that's wrong. The new spell that Professor Putricide casts, Unbound Plague, has to be passed on the abomination, as otherwise you'll eventually wipe the raid. In 10 man mode that's not an issue as there's less people to deal with, it's easier to spread around the room and faster for the abomination player to notice who has it.
    However in 25 Heroic mode that gets really complicated and even though it can be done, it causes a lot of problems. The fight gets unpredictable with random extra ooze spawns and more than one player being targeted and so forth, so I'd advise you to use the stacking tactics for 25 Heroic no questions asked.

Although, there are some issues regarding the stacking tactics that Baleroc explained. Sometimes (especially if you're in a PuG), not everyone stacks properly. That causes that the whole raid isn't fully stacked, and makes Green and/or Orange ooze to still target one of the players, causing problems. So what you have to make sure is that everyone stacks perfectly (usually where the abomination is standing, so he can drink the Slime Pool faster and easier).

Then again, there is another, good, workaround for that. It's a combination of both, and by now the best tactics I've used. Basically everyone in the group stacks like in the stacking tactics, except for Hunters. Hunters stand in the middle of the room and attack Professor Putricide. Why is that helping? Because both Orange and Green ooze will always target the Hunters, since "they are not stacking". And since Hunters have Feign Death ability, they can use it to nullify the effect from either ooze. That way you make sure that the rest of the raid won't get randomly targeted by the oozes, and at the same time you control it who does. The only other than that Hunters have to watch out for is Malleable Goo.

Hope that helps.

4. @Baleroc and @Delythien, you guys are amazing.

Thank you so much for helping me/us out!