View Poll Results: Should the difficulty of Naxx be increased?

Voters
464. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, leave it as it was in WotLK

178 38.36%
  • Yes, increase the damage and HP of the bosses

69 14.87%
  • Yes, add mechanics of old Naxx to the WotLK version

217 46.77%
  1. Well I voted to be just like in WotLK. I know that Naxx is nerfed and classes buffed but ppl won't give a damn about Naxx when Ulduar is released because Ulduar is much better and challenging raid. It will be farmed untill ToC and ICC/RS are released tho I don't mind. If majority wants Naxx to be slightly buffed I'm also okay with that.
    They just confirmed that its gonna be a progressive raid release, that means it matter alot, nobody want an rush (very easy) Naxx, so ppl will first have to finish Naxx, get better gear, than finish Ulduar, get better gear, and after Toc, Icc

2. Nax was my second fav raid after SWP so i realy hope it wont stay nerfed, atleast hp and dmg if not everything it used to be that i voted for.
    also i realy hope time between opening next raid and next raid and so on will be long so we get 2 expiriance them all for a longer time, no rush imo.

3. People are thinking you will introduce Vanilla Naxx to current wotlk.
    The way the poll options are written will misslead people to think things wrong. You should put something like:
    -No leave it as it is on 3.3.5 (nerfed)
    -Yes, increase the damage and HP of the bosses
    -Yes, add mechanics of when it was lauched (Wotlk 3.0.2) to the 3.3.5 patch (pre nerf)
    I see that they are, which is why i responded with this
    To clarify, we are talking about the lvl 80 version of the raid, the classic version will not be available
    The content which will be added is not custom, it was removed when naxx was released as a wotlk raid. All of the spells are still in the game
    And its not 3.0.2 mechanics, its stuff from back in vanilla, which got scrapped during the beta of the 3.0.2 release
    I did link http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Changes_bet..._3.0_Naxxramas in the main thread

Some of the changes, or scrapped things are:

- Gluth was not tauntable and Zombies healed him for about 10% instead of 5%.
    - Stalagg would randomly get a power surge buff increasing attack speed by 200%.
    - Fuegan had an AOE mana drain ability.
    - Anub'Rekhan adds would web players preventing them from moving (This would hurt with cleave and yes, the boss used to have a cleave and mortal strike)
    - Maexxna poison reduced healing done by 90%.
    - Noth's curse would instantly kill the raid if everyone was not cured before the time ran out. Curse affected half of the players in the raid
    - During the Heigan fight, 3 random raid members would be ported to the gauntlet before Loatheb, and needed to get back before being killed
    - Loatheb put a debuff on you that allowed you only 1 heal per minute

and so on and so on. Which will be added back will be discussed if the players choose adding these features, the raid will still be doable. There is no point in making something which nobody can clear

4. People are thinking you will introduce Vanilla Naxx to current wotlk.
    The way the poll options are written will misslead people to think things wrong. You should put something like:
    -No leave it as it is on 3.3.5 (nerfed)
    -Yes, increase the damage and HP of the bosses
    -Yes, add mechanics of when it was lauched (Wotlk 3.0.2) to the 3.3.5 patch (pre nerf)
    Exactly this. I voted for NO CHANGE but if we are talking about:

"-Yes, add mechanics of when it was lauched (Wotlk 3.0.2) to the 3.3.5 patch (pre nerf)"

Then I change my vote to this.

Edit: Based on the reply YamiCodenamed just posted, I guess my vote would stay as "No Change"

5. Along with the pre nerf, I would also prefer that resistance gear mattered at least here, since nowhere else in the expansion will it be needed. (arguably sindragosa, but not really a must).

At the last 2 bosses I would hope frost resist gear would matter, im not saying bring it back like the old ones where u needed nature, shadow, frost resistance gear (vanilla) for the whole raid, but at least buff the damage to make it a must on last 2 bosses.

I understand that when wotlk launched this was a introduction raid, so they had to nerf it hard, heck, even the damage remained unchanged, some of the debuffs deal exactly the same damage as it did to lvl 60's ... But I think we're well past that and we know exactly what we're expecting so i wouldn't mind at all a well buffed naxx to keep players busy and not just "man its reset day, gotta go farm naxx again".

6. as much as i want Nax to be harder i also dont wana postpone the realm release :-/ this SOON is getting longer and longer wait:(

7. Well, i guess we want it to be as hard as possible. Otherwise we will clear the raid in 1st week of opening.

8. I think this is a great idea. It will go great together with progressional release. So the raid will not be cleared within hours of release.

The raid will not "just" be another farm until the next is released.

9. Greetings,
    Since Naxxramas will be the first Wrath of the Lich King raid available to players, and it will be a competitive race to be the first guild/group to clear the instance, we have been thinking of increasing the difficulty of the raid. The first option would be up-scaling the bosses, increasing their hp and damage deal to players and the second option would be re-introducing mechanics from classic Naxx. Some of the mechanics can be found at
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Changes_bet..._3.0_Naxxramas

There is always the option to not change Naxx at all, leaving it as it was in Wrath of the Lich King

Comments are welcome but first give your vote
    Can you estimate after how many months will ICC and Naxx be working like they used to do(revert to how they should be) ?

10. Voted 'Yes' to the mechanic option. If Raids are going to be progressively released (which I'm glad it is) then who wants to farm a nerfed and faceroll dungeon for the next 3 months.

11. Can you estimate after how many months will ICC and Naxx be working like they used to do(revert to how they should be) ?
    They will most probably be reverted when the next raid is released, as for ICC, the buff will be gradually introduced as it was on retail

12. Stop suggesting custom stuff to people that don't have a clue about WoW and don't even know what PTR means,you will screw this realm,just fix the damned quests,bring us back the 2 missing arenas,enable shadowmourne quest chain so people won't complain about donors and so on,please stop posting such nonsense.
    You my friend, oh wait, nope, you are not my friend. Nevermind, what i wanted is to say: Do you even know what you are talking about? Let me take a guess, you are:

- A warrior
    - Playing arena with SM
    - boosting your epen through arena and easy achievs

Am i right? Please stay on whereever you are playing now, and dont be ****ing annoying with your ****talk. We want a proper progress realm which is gonna be a challenge, not some easy nerfed content which can be cleared by anyone who is able to play 24/7.

I dont want to be rude, but stop being so selfish and spreading negativity on every thread you join.

13. Release Naxx nerfed and it will be cleared in the FIRST ID! How progressive is that ?

14. Hello, just skimmed through the thread and there's a few point I'd like to put forward.

While the mechanics of Naxxramas in vanilla were interesting because it made the raid a lot harder, and personally I'd love to have a raid way harder than the normal Wrath Naxxramas, I still think reverting back to the mechanics of the old Naxxramas wouldn't be such a smart idea.

Take Instructor Razuvious as an exemple : Back then, having quite a number of priests to do the MC on the adds wasn't a problem because you could bring a whole 40-man raid, which opened up for much more diversity in your raid composition, while in Wrath if you bring that much priests your raid will suffer imbalance.

Also, the game mechanics themselves have changed and some of the bosses' mechanics wouldn't feel the same anyway because of that (Loatheb's aura wouldn't be that much of a change with the whole load of raid heal available in Wrath, especially if you add the hybrid classes that offers a tons of assistance of this fight), and there're a few other things that, while they're good in the way that they make the raid harder, wouldn't mesh that well with the game as it is in Wrath.

Anyway, that's just how I feel and that's why I voted for the increased damage and health of bosses (make butcher somewhat challenging with his timer, instead of just a boss that check if half your healers are not just standing there semi-afk watching a movie, make an Heigan fail instantly kill a member instead of leaing them with ~10% hp most of the time, etc.).

And I don't know why people argue about "having to farm a free raid for 3months", because I'm sure most people won't even be able to get the undying/immortal titles anyway, or try OS3. There's a lot more to do with thier7 content than just regular Naxxramas.

15. Well, I voted on increasing damage and HP, while I would like to see the boss mechanics like it was on vanilla i can't vote on that because after I read the Sunyex reply I saw that she have a point, most of the mechanics of the game changed since then and it wouldn't support the idea of bringing several ppl of the same class, since the raids of wrath only supports 10-25 man and not 40 man raids anymore.

Originally Posted by Yamicodenamed
    Again, this is a poll about increasing the difficulty of the WotLK raid, to see if the players want that
    The wotlk raids do not have to be progressively released, that is still subject for change but currently, on the main lordaeron forum post, a lot of people expect it to be. How progressive (if progressive at all) it will be is still open for discussion
    And plz, make it truly progressive, the realm won't be funny to play if you don't progressively release the content imo.

First 1234 ... Last