1. The link posted is somewhat misleading.

In 3.3.5 you don't gain any extra tick on your dots as a shadow priest. The time between ticks gets shortened instead. Changing your stat priorities towards crit after you reach the gcd cap is the way to go. The minor benefit from haste on MF and the shortened dot time is neglectable.

2. Yea, i noticed that today trough couple of dummy tests... Couldnt get an extra tick no matter how much haste i had.

When it comes to how much haste u should go, i agree... 1269 into more Crit is something im doin aswell, just wanted to doublecheck.

Thanks... :)

3. July 1, 2017  
    Hey guys. Ive got a question about sw:p. Is it worth refreshing it in the middle of the fight if youve got major sp procs? Cause in the start youve only got 5/5 veawing to boost sw:p, but later on you might get major mb crit to boost your sp, also trinkets, tailoring back proc etc.

4. July 1, 2017  
    No, it's not. DoTs only snapshot dmg% and crit. Unless you are getting Tricks there is no reason to recast SW:P.

5. July 2, 2017  
    The link posted is somewhat misleading.

In 3.3.5 you don't gain any extra tick on your dots as a shadow priest. The time between ticks gets shortened instead. Changing your stat priorities towards crit after you reach the gcd cap is the way to go. The minor benefit from haste on MF and the shortened dot time is neglectable.
    I've gone through the old thread myself and like you said, you don't get an extra tick in your dots according to the haste you have in our patch. From what I have seen 1250-1260 is the sweet spot for haste and what I usually aim to get. 1269 haste doesn't give us the GCD cap from my testing but brings you very close to it (so close to it that it barely matters), I've seen significant dps boost once I start opting for crit after 1250 haste.

Haste is still beneficial after 1250, but other stats contribute to a better dps beyond this point, hence you'd want to stop prioritizing on haste.

6. July 2, 2017  
    You want to reach your caps without over-capping. 1250 is just a random number, hence not a good advice for someone to go for.

On the other hand, you won't be able to notice any difference between two equally geared priests with one having 20 more crit and the other one having 20 more haste. It's nitpicking after all.

7. July 3, 2017  
    You want to reach your caps without over-capping. 1250 is just a random number, hence not a good advice for someone to go for.

[...] It's nitpicking after all.
    Perhaps you should take your own advice and stop nitpicking.

8. July 3, 2017  
    From what i know, 1269 Haste from gear + 8% Haste from raid Buffs will make the cast time of Vampiric Touch and Mind Blast equal to 1sec, which is the GCD cap.

I also agree with Bensten, 1250 is a random number, and its not a great advice to new players, its like saying: u should go for 250 hit as a Melee, while we all know Melee cap is 263 for special abilities. U can still hit every ability u cast, but its not a great advice to give to someone...

As for nitpicking... Even tho RNG is a big part of this game, Priest with a better stat balance should win, no matter how small that diference is, unless RNG decides to favor the other one, and u cant do anything about it.

9. July 5, 2017  
    I don`t understand what VT, DP,MB,MF,SW:D,SW:P means. where can I find this?

10. July 5, 2017  
    Taken from the guide:

PvE – Player versus Environment
    PvP – Player versus Player
    DPS – Damage per second
    DOT – Damage over time
    VT – Vampiric Touch
    DP – Devouring Plague
    MB – Mindblast
    MF – Mindflay
    SW: P – Shadow word: pain
    SW: D – Shadow Word Death
    CD – Cooldown
    SP – Spellpower
    DMG – Damage
    BIS – Best in Slot
    ICC – Icecrown Citadel
    RS – Ruby Sanctum

11. Spell power = 1 spell power
    Critical strike rating = 0.76 spell power
    Haste rating = 0.98 spell power
    Hit rating = 1.88 spell power (when not hit capped)
    Intellect = 0.22 spell power
    Spirit = 0.59 spell power

Can you please explain where did you and how did you get these numbers?

12. Spell power = 1 spell power
    Critical strike rating = 0.76 spell power
    Haste rating = 0.98 spell power
    Hit rating = 1.88 spell power (when not hit capped)
    Intellect = 0.22 spell power
    Spirit = 0.59 spell power

Can you please explain where did you and how did you get these numbers?
    From simcraft, using a specific set of gear (http://web.archive.org/web/201102010...p?f=62&t=24134). Your own Shadow Priest's stat weights will be slightly different.

This post (http://web.archive.org/web/201109190...207348#p207348) illustrates stat weight comparisons at various different gear levels. In general the same trend of Sp > Haste >>> Crit holds true until 1269 haste, where Haste's value dips a good bit.

13. 7 sec b4 pull: use nevermelting and equip trinket ( ignore if you have two ICD trinkets aka DFO + Phyla )
    1 sec b4 pull: use wild magic potion
    There are two cases of pull rotation
    1. Raid uses BL on pull ( aka Marrow )
    MF => Shadowfiend( usually BL casts 2-3 sec into the fight and your pet will get it 99% of cases) => eng gloves enchant(berserk if troll) => VT => DP => SWP
    2. Raid uses BL at some point of the fight ( not on pull)( aka BQL)
    eng gloves enchant(berserk if troll) => VT => DP => MF => SWP => Shadowfiend
    I dont use SWD at my rotation unless Im dodging a mechanic and have a free gcd to use.
    You can go even more minmax by using LK 10 hc staff with full crit gems to apply SWP
    Other than that guide looks great.
    Edited: March 21, 2018

14. May 17, 2018  
    i am only curious why you pick for BIS necklace "Amulet of the Silent Eulogy" instead of "Blood Queen's Crimson Choker" which provide you more useful critical on blood queen necklace and also hard to stack then hit from amulet ?!

15. May 18, 2018  
    i am only curious why you pick for BIS necklace "Amulet of the Silent Eulogy" instead of "Blood Queen's Crimson Choker" which provide you more useful critical on blood queen necklace and also hard to stack then hit from amulet ?!
    Chocker loses by 3 stats and gem color and you still need that 289 hit rating( you have 297 in BiS gear)

First 12345 ... Last