1. May 27, 2020  

IF Hit is over cap, is it good? hit will = how many spell power?

IF Hit is over cap, is it good? hit will = how many spell power?

2. June 7, 2020  
    quick question about rotation and what to clip and not.

Do i clip mind flay to apply new dots or do i let the cast finish? (read that i let MF finish first but just double checking)
    Do i clip mind flay to cast mind blast or do i let MF finish first? Really curious about this one, do i clip it or not?

Best regards.

3. quick question about rotation and what to clip and not.

Do i clip mind flay to apply new dots or do i let the cast finish? (read that i let MF finish first but just double checking)
    Do i clip mind flay to cast mind blast or do i let MF finish first? Really curious about this one, do i clip it or not?

Best regards.

I've started to clip my MF in favor of casting VT DP and MB and I've seen a big increase in dps @ 4.2k GS. For example, if your VT has a 1.3 sec cast time, when VT has less than 1.3sec remaining I will clip MF and start to cast VT EXCEPT when my next tick of MF is very close. I try to snipe ticks out from MF. I'm not 100% sure this is optimal, but its way better than not clipping MF for sure.

4. is it still good to use the channeling macro for mindflay if I play with 250ms?
    If no, how should i play it? Should I clip when my cast bar hits the red area ? (im using Quartz cast bar)

5. so you think that haste before soft cap < than sp?

6. Here is my UI for shadow priests .

http://i.imgur.com/yUh929y.jpg

I do a lot of end game raiding and try to keep track of as much information as possible to maximize efficiency but I still like my UI clean and minimal with the most important data being closer to the center of the screen

Necroing a 6 year old post to ask if you have the elvui paste for this profile

7. Not true, the SP at apply time is the SP for the whole duration.
    Is this true?

8. Yes every spell you use only benefits from the amount spell power you have the moment you casted it.

9. Overall good guide. But the rotation part. That's how you don't play an Spriest.

10. The rotation is not correct in both Normal and 4/5 Tier set.
    1 MF cast is not equal to 1 Shadow Weaving Stack. Every tick of MF adds a stack. For you to advise people to use 2x MF before adding SW:P in order to reach 5xSW it means you do not track SW, so it you already lose value as a person to make guides since this is such a fundamental thing for Shadow Priests.

Lastly, you advise also people to never clip MF which is not always true. There are some other things into play:

1) Raiding with Spellqueue (Warmane)
    Whenever you cast MF you should clip it every single time you want to apply a dot. Lets say you cast MF and DP is about to drop. Due to the server using Spellqueue tech, you should press DP around 400ms before the MF cast finishes. This is between the 2nd and the 3rd MF tick.

So: Tick 1 ---------------- Tick 2 -----------|------- Tick 3

Where you see the vertical line, this is where you should press DP. Do not worry, you wont clip your 3rd MF tick (this is what Spellqueue does). This way you gain 400ms worth of casting time on every single DP and VT (if haste capped).

2) Raiding without Spellqueue (Classic Wrath)
    In classic, there is no Spellqueue which makes rotation alot more demanding. You should now intentionally clip MF in order to achieve close to 100% uptime on your dots. This playstyle is impossible for Warmane unless you macro DP and VT with /stopcasting macros (but also lose the same dps you would gain due to not exploiting Spellqueue).

DP : -----------------------.
    MF: -----------|------------|------------|

In the above example where u see DP fullstop (.) it is when DP dot will end. At the same time MF is being cast and each | is the tick. So you should immidiately cancel MF after the 2nd tick and apply DP. Try to be very precise since you dont want to let ANY amount of wasted time on MF cast without ticks. If you dont dps with this playstyle all you did was to "spread out" your dots which is a dps loss due to their low uptime.

Generally MF should be your filler, filling the spots where your dots running and there is nothing to do. But exactly when VT or DP ends, you should stop MF cast right after the next tick and not wait for the cast to finish.

11. I won't dispute the validity of the comments about classic, as I do not play it. However, I would like to point out that this guide's inception predates classic, and as it is a guide for warmane, it also does not pertain to classic.

12. May 5, 2023  
    Hmm. I dont understand why every single guide for spriest claim 1 spirit = 0.59 spell power.

Just do the math.

0.5 * 1.1 (talents) * 1.1 (kings) = 0.605

Its close but still...

13. May 16, 2023  
    Regarding the talents, you say that the "cookie-cutter" tree should be used when you dont have 4set AND not close to BiS. Then you say that that the other build should be used when you have 4set. Which is better when you have 4set but not close to BiS?

14. May 16, 2023  
    I forgot to also say;as an Affli main, I am used to reapplying dots just before they run out, to keep that close to 100% uptime. I have heard that this is not the case for spriests? You should reapply right after they run out, this isn't mentioned in the guide and I would love some clarification.

Lastly, great guide!

15. May 16, 2023  
    The diff in talents is about Mind Blast.
    If you have 4xt10 your Mind Flay has same cast time as Mind Blast, so it comes down to the dmg they are doing.
    Usually when you have 4t10 your Mind Flay is doing already more dmg than Mind Blast.
    Therefore from that point on you cast Mind Blast only to refresh replenishment or not at all if there is another source of it (re3 pal for example), thus you don't need the cooldown reduction talents on it.

Regarding dots, last tick of dmg happens when the dot expires.
    So as shp you shouldn't clip them unless there is like 3-4s left on them and the target is about to go into phase (Sindy/LK/etc) where you wouldn't be able to re-apply them. (Better to loose 2-3 ticks from the old dots just to have full duration of new ones if you catch my drift.)

As affli you only should clip Haunt as you cast it not for its dot dmg, but to have the 20% dmg buff on all your shadow spells. You just don't want to loose that.
    Other dots like UA, CoA you should not clip as again last tick happens when the dot expires.

First ... 4567 Last