1. May 16, 2023  
    Alright, so the comment about BiS gear is somewhat missleading then. What is important is the 4set. Gotcha!

Yeah, that's what I had heard, but since it didn't say anything about it in this guide, then I just wanted to double check. Thanks for clarifying!

I want to comment on your statement about never clipping UA and CoA, which I find false. This is of course not the thread to do a lengthy discussion about it but since CoA ramps up damage over time, it is better to have it never expire and keep the ramped up damage than to let it do the last tick of damage and then reapply it. UA is mainly used to trigger the 4set (assuming you have it) and it is thus more important to have a 100% uptime on it, for the same reason you mentioned having Haunt up 100%. Otherwise I agree with you.

2. May 17, 2023  
    Alright, so the comment about BiS gear is somewhat missleading then. What is important is the 4set. Gotcha!

Yeah, that's what I had heard, but since it didn't say anything about it in this guide, then I just wanted to double check. Thanks for clarifying!

I want to comment on your statement about never clipping UA and CoA, which I find false. This is of course not the thread to do a lengthy discussion about it but since CoA ramps up damage over time, it is better to have it never expire and keep the ramped up damage than to let it do the last tick of damage and then reapply it. UA is mainly used to trigger the 4set (assuming you have it) and it is thus more important to have a 100% uptime on it, for the same reason you mentioned having Haunt up 100%. Otherwise I agree with you.
    CoA doesn't keep the ramp up when you refresh it, you can try it on a training target and see for yourself in 2 minutes. That's a pure DPS loss

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clipping UA to keep its uptime at 100% is also a bad trade, because UA ticks every 3 seconds, with the very last millisecond of dot being a tick.
    If you were to clip it "during" the dot, you would have reset the timer to 3 seconds before next tick (any other scenario would make it tick LESS).

Let's compare with an example:
    Let's say an average affli refresh UA 1 second after it is over.
    And in your "optimal" clipping scenario, you clip it RIGHT after the 4 out of 5th tick and gain that 1 second UA uptime that was lost.

What do you lose/gain:
    -You cast UA every 12 seconds instead of 16, so you cast UA 5 times per minute. The other guy casts it every 16 seconds, he casts UA 3.75 times per minute. So you sacrifice on average 1.25 second of cast time per minute (5 cast) vs him (3.75 cast) to maintain the 100% uptime. 1.25 seconds per minute = 2.1% DPS LOST
    -You gain 3.75 seconds of UA uptime per minute, which equals to 6.25% more dmg on UA, which equals to roughly 0.625% DPS
    -Your UA ticks 20 times per minute vs 18.75 times for the "normal" affli who has downtimes, which increases your chance of proccing Devious Minds by 6.25%. devious Minds itself is a 4% damage increase so you get a 4%*6.25% = 0.25% dmg increase from this.

Overall:
    gained 0.875 % DPS
    lost 2.1 % DPS

net:
    lost 1.225 % DPS
    AND thats assuming you clip perfectly like a machine everytime, any other scenario is worse.

summary : clipping is 95% of the time a bad idea (exept Haunt which I agree you should clip)
    Edited: May 18, 2023

3. May 19, 2023  
    About clipping Mind Flay. The theory behind is quite simple. I assume you have 4T10 set then here is a timeline of your Mind Flay

! - - - ! - - - ! - x - - !

where "!" is a dmg tick of your mind flay and "x" is a special barrier. That x means that if you clip too late, behind that x in order to have earlier Vampiric touch then it is no longer dps boost but dps loss. If you hit x precisely its no gain and no loss (so no point of doing that). In order to gain dps you should clip your Mind Flay BEFORE that x happen and after second "!" happen. Its a very short interval. Anything too soon is big dps loss (you lost one tick) and your dps vanish very fast until you reach x when it is no longer dps gain. The position of x is first 33 percent of the last tick. So if you consider 2.5 sec cats time, its between 1.67 and 1,94. Its about 0.27 second window only! And also the more close you are to x, the less dps gain it is. You should have to consider also that I dont take into accout a spell haste which shorten this time even more.

On the other hand, you can still cast Mind Blast. Mind Flay has 2.5 cast and Mind Blast has 1.5 second cast. And here are some facts

1 Mind Flay / 2.5 > 1 Mind Blast / 1.5

Its very very close but still. It is not worth to swap Mind Flay for Mind Blast if you have 4T10. But, here is another fact

1 Mind Blast + 1 second erlier Vampiric Touch > 1 Mind Flay

So if you use Mind Blast in order to get Vampiric Touch 1 second earlier, its a dps gain even with 4T10.

The question is, can it happen? The answer is yes.

One Vampiric Touch has 15 second duration. You can cast 5 Mind Flay which cover 12.5 seconds of Vampiric Touch. 2.5 seconds left. 1.5 is a cast of Vampiric Touch so its 1 second left. Here you have two options

1 another Mind Flay which is Vampiric Touch delayed by 1.5 seconds
    1 another Mind Blast which is Vampiric Teoch delayed by 0.5 seconds

And I am saying the second option is better. Considering you can queue your spells.

Conclusions:
    1. If you refresh Devouring Pleague between two Vampiric touches, dont Mind Blast.
    2. If there is no Devouring Plague betwee two Vampirich touches, cast Mind Blast before Vampiric touch refresh.

You dont need a talent for Mind Blast for that since it only shorten your cd and you dont need to cast that too often.

Note: I am assuming 0 spell haste in all calculation but any spell haste just shorten everything = GCD, cast times, dots uptime so any spell haste does not change anything behind this theory.
    Edited: May 19, 2023

4. June 5, 2023  
    Please remove the Spammable Mind Flay and Mind Sear macros from the guide.

They're like a 10% dps loss. I went from 4400 to 4700-4800. Somebody mentioned earlier that WoTLK has spell queue and it just queues spells up one after the other. Not doing anything for 200-300 ms is a big DPS loss.

5. I have a questiooon!

Hey, thanks for the Guide, it was really helpful and amazing!!

I just have 1 question, what you mean by 1 Crit equals to .76 spell power? Im kinda confused by that. Thank you!!!

6. Geming

I have 1 question...when i am haste capped should i gem all 23sp gems or 12sp-10 crit on yellow spots?

7. what does perfect latency mean? is 50 ms even close to the perfect latency?

First ... 567