1. Mages are extremely bugged.

Hello,

Its really sad to see how mages are terribly bugged. I was wondering if they are ever gonna be fixed to be a regular playable class in this server ? My hot streak doesn't work in ICC 25, it does occasionally, but it bugs very often. I can't see my debuffs and some of my buffs too! such as Ice block, some of the raid buffs, Pyro procs and so on.

Also, set bonus doesn't work, Scorch is bugged, back in retail we used to play Fire mages with scorch spec.

It is quite hard to pull a decent DPS with all these bugs going around with mages. So again, I just wanted to know if there are any plans to fix mages in the near future. Otherwise, I might just stop playing mage as DPS and go as mage tank or mage resto... whatever..

2. Also, set bonus doesn't work, Scorch is bugged, back in retail we used to play Fire mages with scorch spec.
    lol what, there was never such a thing

3. Hello,
    It is quite hard to pull a decent DPS with all these bugs going around with mages.
    Just no....

4. Yeah, sadly those bugs give anyone new to the mage class a very hard and unpleasant time. The bug with buffs/debuffs not properly displaying on your UI is infamously known as the "mage bug". There are some ways around them though. Hot Streak can't be reliably tracked with most add-ons. You can, however, track it using the built-in green floating combat text, which on the other hand works almost flawlessly. That solves most of the problems with Hot Streak. Other bugs like Ice Block sometimes being invisible and un-cancellable and t10 2p bonus not working at all can't be done anything about for the time being, to my knowledge.
    Edited: August 19, 2015

5. Yeah, sadly those bugs give anyone new to the mage class a very hard and unpleasant time. The bug with buffs/debuffs not properly displaying on your UI is infamously known as the "mage bug". There are some ways around them though. Hot Streak can't be reliably tracked with most add-ons. You can, however, track it using the built-in green floating combat text, which on the other hand works almost flawlessly. That solves most of the problems with Hot Streak. Other bugs like Ice Block sometimes being invisible and un-cancellable and t10 2p bonus not working at all can't be done anything about for the time being, to my knowledge.
    the mage bug is usually ice block bug. (when even ur ice block is invisible and u cant remove it) i call it the ice block bug, because it becomes extremely obvious after the use of ice block (and maybe even started with it) but its super easy to remove. just have too join an arena match or a bg and it fixes it self for some reason.

(so ice block bug, and some buffs/debuffs not showing up on the UI are the same bug ;p and are both fixed the same way)

6. It is quite hard to pull a decent DPS with all these bugs going around with mages.
    Then you're doing something wrong. When I played a Mage a few months back, even with the Hot Streak bug, and Torment the Weak bug that meant I had to use FrostFire spec - and you still do during Icecrown Citadel since Torment the Weak is still bugged in Icecrown Citadel.

Anyway, I was pulling 24k on Marrowgar and Deathbringer 25 man. Although Mages would be pulling 28/30k dps at their potential, if not more (excluding flask and potions), 24k is a high amount of steady damage per second. It is also important to note that I was not BiS either.

Mages are still the top dps spec at the moment.

Secondly: do not worry about Hunters being top. Hunters spells double dip with the ICC buff. That means that Chimera Shot does double the damage than it should. When this is fixed, you will find that Hunters dps will be retail standard, and you will find damage becoming more equal. Look at the Paladin ret fixed. Their spells were double dipping until it was fixed, and now their damage is not as good.

7. Then you're doing something wrong. When I played a Mage a few months back, even with the Hot Streak bug, and Torment the Weak bug that meant I had to use FrostFire spec - and you still do during Icecrown Citadel since Torment the Weak is still bugged in Icecrown Citadel.

Anyway, I was pulling 24k on Marrowgar and Deathbringer 25 man. Although Mages would be pulling 28/30k dps at their potential, if not more (excluding flask and potions), 24k is a high amount of steady damage per second. It is also important to note that I was not BiS either.

Mages are still the top dps spec at the moment.

Secondly: do not worry about Hunters being top. Hunters spells double dip with the ICC buff. That means that Chimera Shot does double the damage than it should. When this is fixed, you will find that Hunters dps will be retail standard, and you will find damage becoming more equal. Look at the Paladin ret fixed. Their spells were double dipping until it was fixed, and now their damage is not as good.
    You must have had BiS mage ? and you talking about 25 ICC obviously coz thats the average damage for it. Surely, without BiS gear u will have a very hard time in dps as mage.

8. Although Mages would be pulling 28/30k dps at their potential, if not more (excluding flask and potions)
    The more I read on the forums the more I start to wonder if there's more than one version of retail 3.3.5, because obviously that's not accurate for anything that I, or anyone else I know, could remember.

9. The more I read on the forums the more I start to wonder if there's more than one version of retail 3.3.5, because obviously that's not accurate for anything that I, or anyone else I know, could remember.
    look at the Stars fast kill lich king..pretty much everyone in their top 10 was at 23k+

10. Yes mages are lil bit bugged. You should use some addon like Magefever. That can show you PROCS. And mage's Tire set bonus bugged too

11. I find this thread quite entertaining so I decided to bump it.
    Its really sad to see how mages are terribly bugged. I was wondering if they are ever gonna be fixed to be a regular playable class in this server ? My hot streak doesn't work in ICC 25, it does occasionally, but it bugs very often. I can't see my debuffs and some of my buffs too! such as Ice block, some of the raid buffs, Pyro procs and so on.
    If you can't see any of your buffs or debuffs, then just get an addon to show them for you, although I've never seen it as a big issue.

Also, set bonus doesn't work, Scorch is bugged, back in retail we used to play Fire mages with scorch spec.
    What exactly do you think is wrong with the set bonus; Scorch works just fine; no, nobody in their sane mind played Scorch spec on WotLK (or any other expansion).

It is quite hard to pull a decent DPS with all these bugs going around with mages. So again, I just wanted to know if there are any plans to fix mages in the near future. Otherwise, I might just stop playing mage as DPS and go as mage tank or mage resto... whatever..
    Right. I guess that's why the top 5 DPSers in my guild are Mages.