1. I bet my *** server will be populated.

First,all the hype,400k views!
    Second,wait till you see their teaser for Lordaeron (i bet my *** off they got it in plan ).
    Third,all the old players that used to play on Lordaeron are coming back,me as well and l bring 5 friends.There are bilion of us like that.
    With no donation gaer (at least you gotta have previous tier) you can expect people will massivly start doing quality pve and pvp simply the fact no ovear gear(at least not that much).
    No name change,you **** up once,either delete toon or faction change (wait till threads with ninjas and fail people start popping on forums)
    As far as i checked **** load of exploits aint working no more,which means quality over time.

A incentive to do world pvp will be enabled as well.
    And many many more,just wait,if i think this is it what should have been 3 years ago.Molten ehm Warmane will revive itself on Wrath realms completely before doing the same on Cata and Mop.

Hype is real,30 days left :)

2. I bet my *** server will be populated.

First,all the hype,400k views!
    Second,wait till you see their teaser for Lordaeron (i bet my *** off they got it in plan ).
    Third,all the old players that used to play on Lordaeron are coming back,me as well and l bring 5 friends.There are bilion of us like that.
    With no donation gaer (at least you gotta have previous tier) you can expect people will massivly start doing quality pve and pvp simply the fact no ovear gear(at least not that much).
    No name change,you **** up once,either delete toon or faction change (wait till threads with ninjas and fail people start popping on forums)
    As far as i checked **** load of exploits aint working no more,which means quality over time.

A incentive to do world pvp will be enabled as well.
    And many many more,just wait,if i think this is it what should have been 3 years ago.Molten ehm Warmane will revive itself on Wrath realms completely before doing the same on Cata and Mop.

Hype is real,30 days left :)
    Yea, and Retail is losing subs (-5 mil. in 6 or 7 months) cuz WoD is garbage so some nostalgic players will come from Retail too

3. the main thread here is the PTR one. and there are 1400 replies there, many of them are the same ppl so reduce it by much more. now ofc alot of ppl dont even use forums probably but the "hype" feeling is just from around 500 ppl i guess, even less.
    Good point : Is it just a few of us hyping to make it feel Hyped, but only in 'our minds'? or does it go deeper? suppose if you were into social psychology you could get all lost in this subject.
    -btw i was past the 'hype' stage in early august..now i am ReVVVed the F%$# Up!
    but i CAN say that i been fartin around past month on a pserver just queing rdf simply to level (although by definition in our forums; i am infact an elitist ) I have seen atleast 7-8-9 instances of Lordaeron brought up in chat, and the conversation typically ends with others wanting more detailed info....which i never mind helping to give :) and it continues: just last night someone popped chat to ask if anybody else had seen the dodgyk preview... and if anyone had ever heard of this warmane place...

Only time will tell the pop of lord
    ...annnnd that was all quite 'off topic', so to answer the OP > technically yes they can create a copy realm

4. I'm not sure if we would make a 2nd Lordaeron if the population got that high. We might wait a couple months to see if it persists, but I don't believe it would be wise to do it right off the bat. There will likely be a high population at the start due to the hype, but how many will actually stick around? That much remains to be seen. It's important to know that when making another realm, because there is a lot of effort and resources that goes into making another realm, and we don't want any of that to be wasted.

5. I'm not sure if we would make a 2nd Lordaeron if the population got that high. We might wait a couple months to see if it persists, but I don't believe it would be wise to do it right off the bat. There will likely be a high population at the start due to the hype, but how many will actually stick around? That much remains to be seen. It's important to know that when making another realm, because there is a lot of effort and resources that goes into making another realm, and we don't want any of that to be wasted.
    Yup that will probably be it. High population at the start and later some of people will stop to play while still leveling.

6. I'm not sure if we would make a 2nd Lordaeron if the population got that high. We might wait a couple months to see if it persists, but I don't believe it would be wise to do it right off the bat. There will likely be a high population at the start due to the hype, but how many will actually stick around? That much remains to be seen. It's important to know that when making another realm, because there is a lot of effort and resources that goes into making another realm, and we don't want any of that to be wasted.
    Agreed. Plus, even if the population remains reasonably high (lets say 1k in queue), how many would actually move over if you released a 2nd realm after 3-4months? Unless you can directly transfer chars without losing anything(with 2nd realm beginning from same progression as the 1st left off) no one would give up their toons leveled with sweat and blood on x1.

@ the other guy with the population estimation based on the post replies of a forum thread:

WTF?! Who on earth estimates population based on a forum thread? 85% of players dont even know the forums exist, even less gives a damn to post replies on a thread. Especially if they have nothing to say or their questions have already been answered.

7. Agreed. Plus, even if the population remains reasonably high (lets say 1k in queue), how many would actually move over if you released a 2nd realm after 3-4months? Unless you can directly transfer chars without losing anything(with 2nd realm beginning from same progression as the 1st left off) no one would give up their toons leveled with sweat and blood on x1.

@ the other guy with the population estimation based on the post replies of a forum thread:

WTF?! Who on earth estimates population based on a forum thread? 85% of players dont even know the forums exist, even less gives a damn to post replies on a thread. Especially if they have nothing to say or their questions have already been answered.
    Still it has been viewd a lot, has advertisement, been viewd on youtube by Dodgy, a lot of hype and promises as well as they have delivered the most on the Wrath realms so estimating that much is kinda legit... Old lord had so much people wanting to join it which made it SUPER full :) I still think the server will be 5k pop + que how much is uncertain :)

8. Agreed. Plus, even if the population remains reasonably high (lets say 1k in queue), how many would actually move over if you released a 2nd realm after 3-4months? Unless you can directly transfer chars without losing anything(with 2nd realm beginning from same progression as the 1st left off) no one would give up their toons leveled with sweat and blood on x1.

i already said there will be alot ppl that wont use the forums, but think that if u enter the thread more than 100 times (over 3-4 months thats nothing) we need just more 100 like u for 10k views.
    and how about saying to all the ppl who say the server will overpopulate "Who on earth estimates population based on a forum thread?" coz im sure they got no other tool to use except their excitement and other ppl's comments and conclude there is hype and it sure to be server with 5k ppl with 1.5k ques. i just use the same method to counter those. it may be true and it may be false . we will see when the server opens

9. For me, and probably quite some other people the hype is all about the fixes, not the realm itself. I think that when rag&DW get those fixes loddaeron will not be overpopulated. the same kind of experience in amount of fixes but higher xp rates usually draws more people. so people quitting lordaeron might go to those realms.

10. For me, and probably quite some other people the hype is all about the fixes, not the realm itself. I think that when rag&DW get those fixes loddaeron will not be overpopulated. the same kind of experience in amount of fixes but higher xp rates usually draws more people. so people quitting lordaeron might go to those realms.
    well like all the others...
    1: fixes
    2: start from 0, no1 is overgeared
    3: no insta 80 ,no "free" shadowmourne

11. For me, and probably quite some other people the hype is all about the fixes, not the realm itself. I think that when rag&DW get those fixes loddaeron will not be overpopulated. the same kind of experience in amount of fixes but higher xp rates usually draws more people. so people quitting lordaeron might go to those realms.
    I really doubt that... If people start on this realm i think they will stay... IT will be in the minority i think + it's no donation gear and no instant 80 or shadowmourne as mentioned below... It will be totally different due to the progression of the realm (which is way more exciting then farming ICC with full buff and full ICC HC gear....)

12. I doubt the population will be a great problem if they make the realm as it is promised to be. It will attract enough players because of quality, and scare off enough because of difficulty. It should be around 3k players as stable population and an extra 1-2k on the beginning for the hype... and perhaps weekend peak times. With 5k as cap I would expect 200-300 in queue in the beginning. (similar to the current MoP realm Frostwolf, overall, except that the beginner population may drop after some time when some casuals give up living the x1 life)
    This is how I would estimate it too. As for the subject of overpopulation, IF that happens it will inevitably drain population from Deathwing and Ragnaros, and as such there would be a possibility that those realms merged, a server machine freed up and a "copy+paste" Lordaeron created, assuming its unseen and heavy coin shop limitations don't surprise with a catastrophic funding failure. We are taking steps and doing preparations for a potential high population (at launch at least), but we must not be overconfident about population so we wouldn't end up underwhelmed and disappointed.

Teaser will be released today. Launch Trailer will be worked on for September 25, 2015 launch date.

13. This is how I would estimate it too. As for the subject of overpopulation, IF that happens it will inevitably drain population from Deathwing and Ragnaros, and as such there would be a possibility that those realms merged, a server machine freed up and a "copy+paste" Lordaeron created, assuming its unseen and heavy coin shop limitations don't surprise with a catastrophic funding failure. We are taking steps and doing preparations for a potential high population (at launch at least), but we must not be overconfident about population so we wouldn't end up underwhelmed and disappointed.

Teaser will be released today. Launch Trailer will be worked on for September 25, 2015 launch date.
    That is really nice to hear and some information about the topic! Oh my god! Hype for teaser trailer and launch trailer for Lord!!! <3

14. and how about saying to all the ppl who say the server will overpopulate "Who on earth estimates population based on a forum thread?" coz im sure they got no other tool to use except their excitement and other ppl's comments and conclude there is hype and it sure to be server with 5k ppl with 1.5k ques. i just use the same method to counter those. it may be true and it may be false . we will see when the server opens
    Read my previous post, I dont think server would be overpopulated in the means of 4k queue as the original poster questioned. (200 people in queue is not really overpopulation, even 1k queue at peak times is normal on Frostwolf panda realm and hell, I dont see any hype around pandaria)

Thing about "forum estimations" is, one side claims there wont be any population because only a few hundred people are actually posting on the threads, another side claims it will be 4k in queue because of the 400k views. Both are wrong and illogical for me, that is all I meant, but you calculate however you wish.

The hype on forums, the hype in people's mind and the actual player pool of Lord will be 3 very different things.
    People can be hyped without having to spam their ideas on forums (in fact the loudest people on these forums as I noticed lately are those casual crybabies who are enforcing RDF and downvoting the Naxx difficulty boost, and you can be sure as hell these players will be the ones actually NOT playing when the server opens with their wishes not implemented.)
    People can be not hyped and still desire to play the new realm to try something new.
    There are people on summer holidays who havent even heard of Lordaeron opening yet, and will play there nonetheless when they do.

15. Well we can speculate but if its (and it will be ) anyhting like old Lorderon(atm its 1000x better),population will amass massively.

I was there,i saw what happened without donation gear.I think Kaer suspects it as well,hence they are prepping measures for bandwith,etc(conneted with realm in general).

He saw how influecing hard earned progress has on people,that when you do something hard you are truly recognised in game for that.On top of that no donation gear(lower tier needed).many many features to come (cba to list them all).

But main thing is,security(your **** wont dissaper in 3 months)hard core ,many will come simply cuz of this,no #%"#%"# FU DONUR style,and realm where even devs plan to play.
    Needlesss anything to say more'

Hats down Kaer and crew.You nailled it this time :)

First 12