1. Rolling a Hunter

Hello. Since I'm way to lazy to level a priest,I have decided to level a Blood Elf hunter. I just wanted to ask for help.

I could look up some information my self,but I want some personal experience!

Which profession do you prefer as a Hunter?

What spec should I roll?

What pet should I choose ?

Is there any difference between Guns and Bows ?

Will I encounter any problems with leveling up at some point ?

Thank you.

English is not my main language,so no judgement,please!

2. Hello
    About professions Skinning and Leatherworking are kinda nice but you can choose whatever you want.
    As of spec Beast Mastery is in my opinion better for leveling.
    Pet a Tenacity pet tanking pet such as bears, scorpids, turtles etc.
    For Blood Elves no there isn't for example Dwarves or Trolls there is because those races have extra 1% crit on those weapons but I don't think elves have that bonus.
    Leveling with hunter goes mostly smooth I'm leveling a hunter on PTR right now no problems.
    I hope I helped. =)

3. Hello. Since I'm way to lazy to level a priest,I have decided to level a Blood Elf hunter. I just wanted to ask for help.

I could look up some information my self,but I want some personal experience!

Which profession do you prefer as a Hunter?

What spec should I roll?

What pet should I choose ?

Is there any difference between Guns and Bows ?

Will I encounter any problems with leveling up at some point ?

Thank you.

English is not my main language,so no judgement,please!
    Hello !

I'm disappointed to see you chose horde side,but anyway,here are my suggestions :

-Professions: Skinning and Leatherworking for PvE or Mining and Engineering for PvP

-Marksmanship all the way. The only other viable spec you should consider is Survival(awesome for arena ), but don't go for Beast Mastery, many people prefer it just because it will buff the pet which will do pretty much the job for you, while Markmanship and Survival talents are focused on buffing the hunter, the player, the master, the one who has a biological brain and chooses what to do. Also, choosing Marksmanship is a good idea because you will get used to it before 80, when every PvE guild will ask you to play the only viable spec,which is MM and also in PvP, where marksmanship tops by far beast Mastery.

-Pets : For PvE, go for a wolf or a feline , while for PvP you should tame a spider or a crab.

- There's no difference between the guns, bows and crossbows like there is for warrior( axe vs mace vs sword for Arms talent), but you should consider that there are some differences in PvE since there is no 277 item level gun,however you can find a good one in ICC 10, it's from Blood Queen Lanathel and it's 264. Also think about the ammunition if you are an engineer .

-You shouldn't encounter problems while leveling .

I hope that my reply answered your questions and don't worry about your english, it was quite fine . I leveled up to 80 two hunter, a night elf and then a dwarf and I played with them in arenas,battlegrounds and heroic raids, and I suggest you to master Marksmanship from the very beginning .
    Edited: August 26, 2015

4. Thanks guys. I've been playing Alliance this entire time,I feel the need for some change. ;)
    Thanks for your time,again.

5. Hey Jan
    i prefer skinning/LW on my hunter, its nice to be able to make your own gear, as long as you keep your LW skill top notch. On other realms with free gear and RDF, LW kinda loses its usefulness to some extent (as far as gearing goes) On Lordaeron with no free gear and No RDF...it may prove to be quite worthy.
    I have always played marksmen - this time around i will do BM im thinkin.
    Like shadowbringer stated, those beasts will be great at tanking for you - but of course i think you should try them all.
    Hmmm...Bows or Guns...personal preference > tho i tend to go with a bow for simple reason. The guns, at first a novelty, the sound after awhile becomes annoying :) when i find a gun much better than my current bow, ill use it until a better bow comes around. Maybe youll prefer the guns ?? :)
    You will encounter no probs with leveling your hunter. Out of the 3-4 classes i tend to play, hunter is tops as far as leveling ease.

Edit> looking at rares opinion above, and ill agree with his views on Marksmen i cant argue with that. I will go BM for atleast half the leveling process, just to learn more about it ... for a change of pace. In the end ill prob end up a MM :D
    Edited: August 26, 2015

6. 1)Minning with herbalism if you want to be a gold digger;you can pick any profession,its your choice,but if you want to be a regular hunter,skinning/LW
    2)BM for leveling and MM later
    3)Wolf for damage or bear to tank mobs right?
    4)Dunno,bows are faster,guns are slower
    5)No,leveling as a hunter in wotlk is really broken,your pet takes all the damage and your kite is op

7. The guns, at first a novelty, the sound after awhile becomes annoying :)
    It's the worst sound in the game next to the Prayer of Mending >.<
    but there's a solution, copy the "Sound" folder to your WoW>Data folder https://mega.nz/#!exwDUCyY!DFI3Jh_gV...kWSoWnS4268bVs and all the guns will sound like bows xD

sorry for OT

8. Very Good to know! Thanks Burza
    And sorry for the OT OP

9. gota answer this since i was a hunter for 5 years until Focus came :)
    Proff- Ellitist Jerks site if u are asking for PvE benefits...imo Engineering is most fun for any class but thats just a choice of a player
    Spec- BM= a 10yo kid can play it with proper pet and talents its way 2 easy and way 2 boring.
    MM= best in this expansion and most viable but u are gona be a 1 in a million same hunters unless ur really good
    SV= this is my fav spec, i played it the most , and its the most fun out of 3 for me, once u master it u can do amazing things esspecially couse ppl used 2 MM hunters and dont really expect what SV can do....in PVE u are gona be like 5% less dps then MM ...but thats just the way this expansion is.
    pet- Wolf for PvE dmg bonus. bear/crab for lvling and for pvp my fav was Ravager from Hellfire but most ppl do well with Spiders also
    guns/bows- since ur gona be Belf only sound difference , and as i recall when Ulduar opened and i had 2 use a gun in PvE there was an addon 2 change ur gun sound to bow sound....so look into it if u dont like it like me
    Lvling as hunter was never hard prolly one of the easiest classes 2 lvl but if u wana do solo things latter on then i sugest u try out BM couse as MM or SV u wont be able 2 solo chase most achivements.
    gl and have fun