iSullivan

Isle of Conquest in its current state deserves a special place in hell

Just played a 45min one on Deathwing and it was the most frustrating **** I have done recently.
    I'm sorry to say it but the ratio of bugs to actually working stuff is 10 to 1.
    Please disable it as well as SOTA, I promise no1 will ever miss playing them.
    Edited: September 8, 2015

2. I agree with every word you just wrote. Every time I enter RBG and it's IoC or SotA, it just make me wanna smash something.
    Edited: September 6, 2015

3. True, SotA greatly favors those who have better dps (i.e. PvE gear) and handicaps smart tacticians (which is what BGs should be mostly about).

What's wrong with IoC? I haven't experience any major bugs there.

4. fixed:
    What's wrong with IoC? I haven't experience it on retail.
    With compliments.

5. What's wrong with IoC? I haven't experience any major bugs there.
    When you die inside your own base (or the enemy base) and then get spawned at the stupid graveyard in the corner of the map that doesn't have a spirit healer, so you have to walk to the workshop/docks/hangar. But during that 2 minutes it takes to resurrect, the enemy has capped all the other graveyards and it's GG.
    I've been in games where my whole team have been stuck as ghosts, it's very frustrating.

6. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....f-the-Ancients
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....s-battleground

They don't give a crap, apparently only on Cata and MoP you aren't forced to play bugged battlegrounds because they closed them there.
    Sadly SotA is even worse than IoC, at least IoC is partially playable while SotA isn't even close to being that.

7. When you die inside your own base (or the enemy base) and then get spawned at the stupid graveyard in the corner of the map that doesn't have a spirit healer, so you have to walk to the workshop/docks/hangar. But during that 2 minutes it takes to resurrect, the enemy has capped all the other graveyards and it's GG.
    I've been in games where my whole team have been stuck as ghosts, it's very frustrating.
    Let me just add, that when this happens to your team, most of the people just don't care anymore (which I understand). They just stay on that spot, and wait for team to lose. I think I don't have to say how this effect on the game... lol.

Point is: Fix it, or close it forever / or until it's fixed. Based on the history, if they close it, I think we'll never see those 2 BG's again. Which is fine for me, but I'm not the only player here...

8. I think u guys exaggerate a little bit.
    Its not like this BGs are completly broken.
    Most of the time u can make IoC with out encountering a single bug. The bug where u spawn at the grave yard with out spirit healer is annoying but its not like it happens in every single IoC.

To summon it up, we have a buggy grave yard in IoC and a buggy demolisher in Sota. Is there anything else?

When I play on Wotlk Im happy to have some variation from the same old boring BGs on MoP.
    To be honest, I would be happy if we had IoC and Sota on MoP.

9. I think u guys exaggerate a little bit.
    Most of the time u can make IoC with out encountering a single bug. The bug where u spawn at the grave yard with out spirit healer is annoying but its not like it happens in every single IoC.

To summon it up, we have a buggy grave yard in IoC and a buggy demolisher in Sota. Is there anything else?

When I play on Wotlk Im happy to have some variation from the same old boring BGs on MoP.
    To be honest, I would be happy if we had IoC and Sota on MoP.
    IoC - Glaive hp difference for Horde and Alliance, Siege Engine Cannon and spawn time, Refinery/Quarry buffs (bugging out sometimes and not giving buff even when capped), Cannons on Gunships not existing (Hangar), gate bugging out and some people being unable to go through it, graveyard hingy. - Can't think of anything else atm. Most of these bugs you encounter in every single IoC.

SotA - Relic bugging out and being uncapable, damage on side of demolishers + being unable to CC people on it (this is a fix, but with bugged damage I count it as a bug as well because it makes it way harder), people getting stuck behind a gate in relic chamber, Cannons on gate defense completely bugged (You can't even mount on them). Demolisher HP scaling with persons GearScore, and if someone on side dies the demolishers hp will go on 130k even if it was 250k before. (And iirc, demolishers had static health pool on retail.)

Bug on both: if you click twice on any vehicle, you'll get bugged in it and unable to move.
    Most of the time fixable with /script PetAbandon() - but not many know this.
    Edited: September 6, 2015 Reason: More stuff.

10. Well, if the wintergrasp battle will really work on lordaeron we might get a reworked Sota and IoC as well.

I know im repeating myself but if they close Sota and IoC im afraid that they will never come back and imo that would be the worst case because it gonna limit our PvP content even more.

11. I think u guys exaggerate a little bit.
    They are completely broken... if you do not understand how or why sota and ioc are totally broken then it is a waste of time to even explain it to you since you can only be completely ignorant or a troll.

Even AV is significantly broken without the quest for the trinket (amongst other things) which teleports you back to your base, this trinket is a fundamental part of AV mechanics.

12. They are completely broken... if you do not understand how or why sota and ioc are totally broken then it is a waste of time to even explain it to you since you can only be completely ignorant or a troll.

Even AV is significantly broken without the quest for the trinket (amongst other things) which teleports you back to your base, this trinket is a fundamental part of AV mechanics.
    Trinket, Superminions. Altho you could get trinket from voteshop (a stack, 20 uses). I got alliance one but never tried it. Only thing was that you could get Horde trinket on Alliance character and get ported to Horde base in first minute.

iSullivan
    I'll keep bumping this thread every day until there's an official response from a staff member that is aware of the major bugs affecting both IOC and SOTA battlegrounds on the wotlk realms.
    IMO the most optimal way to deal with this is with a community wide poll about disabling SOTA and IoC untill fixed or forever, Dalaran and ring of valor arenas are not available for a very long time and no one is ranting, I'm sure no one will care for SOTA and IOC as well.

14. Would be perfect to have SotA/IoC disabled, or at least fix the specific BG queue so that we could queue w/e we want, last time I tried to join AB via the specific queue I had to wait 1 hour 10 minutes...

15. That's implying the rest of battlegrounds work well. For example, Alterac Valley is completely unscripted. Arathi Basin has a lot of fluff around, like walking NPCs. Et cetera.

123 ... Last