1. What About Fire PvP

I recently came back to the game wanting to experience a new class, something fresh and not too mainstream. After a bit of research over the three available expansions, I decided to take a look at Fire Mages in WotLK. I already had some experience with Cataclysm Fire Mage and WotLK itself, so nothing shockingly new: no Scorching on the move, more interesting Blast Wave, either Arcane or "Elemental" build (a bit of Vanilla nostalgia right there). I tested the latter build on Blackrock and it seemed alright damage wise in BGs, but I must admit I was running very low on resilience - something like 700-800.

I would like to know the opinion of more experienced mages about Fire in various PvP scenarios and how it performs compared to the other cookie-cutter-mainstream classes, specs and comps. Most of the videos I could get my hands on are mostly world PvP videos of 1vX, where X is mostly undergeared players: how does the class really perform in the Warmane world of "damage > all" and BiS madness? What about 2s and 3s, is there a place for Fire just like in Cataclysm - say Fire Discipline, Fire Resto, Fire Holy, Fire Shadow, Fire Subtlety, Fire RMP, Fire MLS, ...?
    Edited: September 12, 2015

2. The thing about fire which makes it so underplayed is the fact that it relies heavily on crit to be effective whereas the other specs rely on Haste to be successful. And as you know the chance to get a critical strike versus a player is decreased by resilience so you really need quite some critical strike rating to be effective as fire. Nevertheless, it is a really fun spec to play. It has a silence immunity, numerous CC's, a speed buff, a disarm for the melees, and many more.
    In 2s I've seen people play Destruction Warlock/Fire Mage and this is a pretty cool comp which has both burst and cc. If you have access to some PvE gear I'd suggest you try Fire and see how you do. If you like it just keep practicing until you master it. GL!