1. Best spec for a WOTLK mage?

Hi,so im new to WOTLK and I want to play a mage,what is the best PVE spec that I should play,thanks!

Any other guide would be pretty sweet!

2. False, TTW Fire is better now. But you should start out as Arcane till you get around 5.4k gearscore or somewhere around there.

3. <--- 3-days old for private servers, Haven't thought about Wrath in a LONG time. From what I've been reading, for TTW fire to work you need at least 1 Frost DK to apply the slow. What if you do not have a Frost DK? FFB is better? or Arcane?

4. <--- 3-days old for private servers, Haven't thought about Wrath in a LONG time. From what I've been reading, for TTW fire to work you need at least 1 Frost DK to apply the slow. What if you do not have a Frost DK? FFB is better? or Arcane?
    every class with slow, snare spells can apply it to proc totw

5. Any DK, not just a Frost DK. Don't take that into consideration when choosing your spec.

Basically, you can pick Arcane right from fresh-80 and stick to it until the very end, FFB will become decent at mid-gear and through ICC. TTW will outperform both Arcane and FFB, but only at end-gear. You can play any spec you want, but still...

So based on this, picking TTW in blue gear would be a terrible choice, whereas sticking to Arcane when you're in full BiS would be a waste of potential.

6. ty guys! I planned on basically playing arcane until mid/end gear then switching to ttw/ffb Fire. Thanks for confirming. I saw the mage guide thread already. Are there any other resources you guys use for builds or guides? I'm looking for something like Icy-veins puts together.