1. Finally a sane post that hits the issue I've been thinking about; the unique achiev points requirement. I've been giving this some thought and it does indeed feel like a player with more characters (that levels the primary and secondary professions, dailies and everything else you mentioned) is sort of screwed with this req. I do understand why warmane would set such a rule but maybe they should revise this decision. My idea was, if it would be possible to implement it, to count the double (non unique) achievs only by half of the achiev points. So for example, if you got 2 level 80 characters, first ones lvl 80 would count 10 points but second lvl 80 that you hit would count only 5. This way, people that make more alts wouldn't be totally cut off from getting a higher rank, while at the same time it would still reward players that stick to only one char and hunt for some harder to get achievs.

Imo, this would be a better solution though I'm afraid it would be hard to implement such a function.

But was not the point of earning ranks through achievements to reward more active players more? Instead of rewarding and promoting achievement farming? I mean there are players who put in quit a fare bit of effort and playtime leveling up multiple chars, then gearing them and then pveing or pvping with them. Why would my efforts towards leveling my first 2 professions count towards me being active while all the other professions that I level-up thereafter would count less or not at all?

Not to mention the fact that a lot of the achievements are bugged (I just tried doing the turkey killing achiev and it was bugged, the seasonal events haven't been working, older instances aren't available, other bgs and arenas aren't available).

Keep in mind that on my first account I've reached only 2500 achiev pts even after doing hardcore pvp and pve and then time consuming achievs such as the insane title, 150+ mounts, rep achievements, almost all the bg achievements of all the bgs available, etc, etc, as well. Will everyone need to do hardcore achievement grinding to get the 1.2 points/day? Players who are pvp or pve only are even worse off. All this would most notably result in players not being able to spend enough time on the things that they actually do want to do.

Also, I just realized another indirect result of all this. Keep in mind that it was said that this new system was also trying to end account hoarding. Right now an account with 1000 achiev pts (very easy to get) and multiple alts (say 5) is earning 0.8 pts/day. This gives that account 0.16 pts (0.8/5) every day per char to spend. Essentially you are earning points based on the efforts you spent on only 1 of your chars, while the efforts spent on the other chars don't get counted at all. Now since the efforts spent on the other chars don't give you more points for that account, would you not be better off creating five different accounts for each alt and earning 1000 achiev pts (very easy) on each alt? This would result in you earning 0.8 pts/day (as compared to only 0.16 pts/day) for each of your alts. Essentially now you will be earning points for all your efforts spent on all your chars. This would mean more items for all alts and thus faster gearing up too.

2. A lot of us understand that but if you'd take a look couple of posts up about what sethanew4 said and my reply / idea to his post, you'd see that he's actually on point about the unique achievs requirement. Some thought about it from the staff would be very much appreciated.
    I saw his post, my reply was aimed at his post as well.
    It's perfectly possible to get the 1.2 reward, but depending on your play style it will take some effort. It's up to you whether you want to put up that effort for the maximum reward or stick to a lower one. There's no need at all to add new ways to get points counting when it's not impossible to get the necessary for the best result, it just takes unique effort, instead of repeated effort over many characters doing the same thing.

3. Right , like someone would create 5 accounts, get 1000 achivement points on all 5 characters, in order to spend some weeks/monts collecting points, to get some mount or whatever weapon. Would it make anyone happy ? fullfilled ? Would anyone go "aaawwww yesss ! i finnaly got that 120DPS weapon i was hoping for , and it only took 5 characters and 2 months of collecting points ! ha ! i screwed Warmane big time on this, better keep this exploit to myself".

4. I saw his post, my reply was aimed at his post as well.
    It's perfectly possible to get the 1.2 reward, but depending on your play style it will take some effort. It's up to you whether you want to put up that effort for the maximum reward or stick to a lower one. There's no need at all to add new ways to get points counting when it's not impossible to get the necessary for the best result, it just takes unique effort, instead of repeated effort over many characters doing the same thing.
    Don't get me wrong, any kind of a free reward system we get is probably more than we actually deserve (well, at least most of us / them). But that repeated effort is still effort and a show of activity. Only difference is that it's not spent on one character but more of them. He's still playing on that alt, raiding, PvPing, leveling profs, doing dailies and in general collecting achievs all around like mad. But with the system as it is, he might as well be doing nothing cause the result is the same.

5. Right , like someone would create 5 accounts, get 1000 achivement points on all 5 characters, in order to spend some weeks/monts collecting points, to get some mount or whatever weapon. Would it make anyone happy ? fullfilled ? Would anyone go "aaawwww yesss ! i finnaly got that 120DPS weapon i was hoping for , and it only took 5 characters and 2 months of collecting points ! ha ! i screwed Warmane big time on this, better keep this exploit to myself".
    Don't forget to add the fact points aren't transferable between accounts.

Don't get me wrong, any kind of a free reward system we get is probably more than we actually deserve (well, at least most of us / them). But that repeated effort is still effort and a show of activity. Only difference is that it's not spent on one character but more of them. He's still playing on that alt, raiding, PvPing, leveling profs, doing dailies and in general collecting achievs all around like mad. But with the system as it is, he might as well be doing nothing cause the result is the same.
    Of course repeated effort is effort. It's just not effort we are considering valid for the purpose of increasing the free reward you can get. It's really just as simple as that: we are offering a way for you to get free rewards from playing, and we dictate what's valid and what isn't. Unless we tried to limit what's valid to something impossible, this all gets down to people not liking the way we want to distribute free stuff. Doesn't that sounds odd to you?

6. I like the point shop right now , I feel that the pricing is fair too . Good job for adding the trinkets and the tier gear , I can finally get that trinket for my alt that never wants to drop :D

7. Of course repeated effort is effort. It's just not effort we are considering valid for the purpose of increasing the free reward you can get. It's really just as simple as that: we are offering a way for you to get free rewards from playing, and we dictate what's valid and what isn't. Unless we tried to limit what's valid to something impossible, this all gets down to people not liking the way we want to distribute free stuff. Doesn't that sounds odd to you?
    Sure, I get your point and I'm not trying to be ungrateful. Like I said, any kind of a free reward is more then welcome. In any case it's as you said, your server, your system, your rules. But it still feels like players who, for example, make alts to help with their guilds raids are sort of cut out of the system just because their characters are alts.

8. Sure, I get your point and I'm not trying to be ungrateful. Like I said, any kind of a free reward is more then welcome. In any case it's as you said, your server, your system, your rules. But it still feels like players who, for example, make alts to help with their guilds raids are sort of cut out of the system just because their characters are alts.
    If all you do with those alts is repeat what you already have done before, naturally. The point is getting people who want a reward to go out and about exploring and doing different things.

9. Guys please help me!! Since last 5-6 days i am unable to vote!! Whenever i go for voting it shows that you dont have any points to collect!! What should i do??

10. Reach 1000 achievement points , then you will be able to collect points. No 1000 achivement points , no vote points.

11. I have slight issues with the activity ranks. I believe the coupling of the ranking system with the achiev pts was made so as to make sure that only active players got the rewards, which is good, but to me it feels as if they are a bit too taxing. I'll explain,

For starters, I am a very active player in both PVE and PVP. I spend most of the day playing this game (I have 3 chars on my first account who are 522 in pvp and 522+ in pve and 2 more chars being geared as we speak). Yet on this account I have only managed to collect some 2600+ achiev pts which means that I now need about 2400 more acheiv pts to get to the max point collection rank. So for me, all that I have done so far in the game only counts for half of what I need. There are a ton more players who are even more active but are still facing the same situation.

There are some reasons behind this that I can think off. First are the insta-lvl 90s we were gifted after the moltdown, which has left most of the questing achiev pts un-earned. Then is the fact that only unique achievements count towards the ranks, leaving most of the pve and pvp (and everything else) that you do with your alts completely useless towards your rank, which also means that we need to farm at least 5k achiev points on one char to get the 1.2 pts/day. And then there's the fact that most of the previous content from older expansions (and some even from the current expansion) is unavailable which leaves tons of achiev pts unobtainable.

In my thinking there might be a couple of solutions to this. First would be lowering the achiev pts required for the rank brackets. Second would be removing the unique achievements requirement from the ranks. I personally like the second solution the most since it makes since as well; If someone has completed raid achievs, daily quest achievs, profession achievs, pvp achievs on 2/3/4/5 different chars, shouldn't that be counted towards his "activity" and he/she get credit for it? Because it did take actual playtime and effort to get them. Keep in mind that I'm not talking about the account-wide achievs which would obviously make it too easy and so should only count once towards one's rank. You guys wanted to make the accounts themselves valuable in accordance with the effort put in them but this requirement for unique achievs on the other hand leaves an account with only 1 Char having completed TOT equal to an account which has 3 Chars having completed TOT.

I don't know how good are my suggestions, but I do know that a lot of insanely active players are facing this problem. The only solution left to them is to take their time away from actually pvping and/or pveing and start farming achiev pts, which apart from being pretty time consuming and not fun for a great many of us is also difficult due to the above stated reasons. Farming achiev pts for the sake of them has been a very niche player base activity, please don't force us to do it :(

ps: Sorry for quoting all 3 of you but this is a huge concern for many of us.
    But was not the point of earning ranks through achievements to reward more active players more? Instead of rewarding and promoting achievement farming? I mean there are players who put in quit a fare bit of effort and playtime leveling up multiple chars, then gearing them and then pveing or pvping with them. Why would my efforts towards leveling my first 2 professions count towards me being active while all the other professions that I level-up thereafter would count less or not at all?

Not to mention the fact that a lot of the achievements are bugged (I just tried doing the turkey killing achiev and it was bugged, the seasonal events haven't been working, older instances aren't available, other bgs and arenas aren't available).

Keep in mind that on my first account I've reached only 2500 achiev pts even after doing hardcore pvp and pve and then time consuming achievs such as the insane title, 150+ mounts, rep achievements, almost all the bg achievements of all the bgs available, etc, etc, as well. Will everyone need to do hardcore achievement grinding to get the 1.2 points/day? Players who are pvp or pve only are even worse off. All this would most notably result in players not being able to spend enough time on the things that they actually do want to do.

Also, I just realized another indirect result of all this. It was said that this new system was also trying to end account hoarding. Right now an account with 1000 achiev pts (very easy to get) and multiple alts (say 5) is earning 0.8 pts/day. This gives that account 0.16 pts (0.8/5) every day per char to spend. Now since having multiple alts on the same account doesn't do anything for your rank, would that player not be better off creating five different accounts for each alt and earning 1000 achiev pts (very easy) on each alt? This would result in him earning 0.8 pts/day (as compared to only 0.16 pts/day) for each of his alts? This would mean more items for all alts and faster gearing up.
    I really agree to this!
    Got my +1 mate!

12. Don't forget to add the fact points aren't transferable between accounts.
    You don't need to transfer any points.
    Just have 5 different accounts with each 1 character instead of 1 account with 5 characters.
    This way you can gear 5 characters (alts) at the same time.
    This will take 1.5-2 years to fully gear 5 characters instead of 10years

13. You don't need to transfer any points.
    Just have 5 different accounts with each 1 character instead of 1 account with 5 characters.
    Go for it then.

14. You don't need to transfer any points.
    Only people I know who have 5 accounts are multiboxers most people have one, two or three accounts at the most.

15. It was said that points would be divided by 10 and costs would be divided by 10. It was just a rebuttal to people complaining they would need to gather a hundred points, one per day, to get items now. We didn't say specific prices would remain the same just divided by 10. Why would it be said the Marketplace and costs were being reworked otherwise?

The only lie is the one you told yourself in this.
    About my earlier question the system seems to update my points it just takes a couple of hours to do so cause I farmed some achievements yesterday I went from 2450 to 2540.

First ... 91011121321 ... Last