1. A realm with buyable weapons and armors is no "hardcore". The price is irrelevant, there will be always some rich ppls, who can buy this stuffs and others feel this like injustice. This fact will kill the hardcore-style and will decrease the player number of Lordareon if you agree or not.
    There are a lot of ppl, who come here from official retail servers to play on their beloved expansion (as myself too), not for struggling with rich peoples. So I think marketplace should have only articles like XP bonus (30-50% bonus for the 2nd char), bags, enhancements, gems and some mounts (but not the rarest, because that destroys the challenge!). I think it would be more better for Warmane too:

1. man buys cheaper things (that not influence the content!) more often,
    2. Warmane can hold its player number in the medium and long term,
    3. players who want a REAL hardcore realm will be happy,
    4. this one will be the ONLY ONE real blizzlike private server, with the best WotLK content, so you can count with more and more ppl, who hate the new expansions.

This is my opinion. Hope to can help for you to create the most complete and harcore WotLK realm.
    I disagree with enabling the purchase of gear from the marketplace under any circumstance at all.

I of course understand the need to cover the costs of the server, and to that end I feel like donations should be derived from things like mounts, bags, professions, XP boosts, level boosts - things of that nature which are really more about convenience or vanity than anything else. Allowing gear to be purchased from the marketplace introduces a pay-to-win element that negates the need to actually have to do the precise raid that's required or achieve the sufficient PVP currency, something that doesn't seem to be in-line with the philosophy behind a truly hardcore realm.
    if priceses is to hights you alweys can drink some bear for that mony...this realm not suporting donors...1 good reason to play here...if u like so much donate then do it just for fun...this donating for items is stupid and ruining all game...if u like donate go other realms and do it!learn to get items by yourself not by your mums money.dont put anything else for donors!let them cry with no shadowmourne!if they put better items i think realm will lose players coz i and many my friends playing here only coz of all is blizlike+no op donors!
    A server without donations isn't "hardcore." It's either a non-existent server or one with a monthly fee.

Things cost money. Maintaining a server of this quality takes a very nice chunk of money. Those are plain facts and the people and services we have to pay unfortunately don't tend to join in the "hardcore" vibe of doing things for free. While waving "I'm a donor" as some sort of badge that gives special rights is a mistake, so is acting like we can do away with donations on Lordaeron. People really need to get that through their skulls. What allows you people claiming that "hardcore has no donations" to play for free is exactly the donations you're wanting to not exist.

2. Just want to throw this idea in:
    What about making items expensive but no requirements are necessary to buy a item but when certain requirements are reached the item gets significant cheaper.

For example,
    DBW HC cost by default 150 coins.
    If the character has a trinket which is at least 30 item levels below DBW HC then DBW HC cost only 75 coins. (50% discount)
    If the character has DBW normal then DBW HC cost only 38 coins. (75% discount)

In case of a set item it could work like this:
    Sanctified Lightsworn Battleplate HC cost by default 150 coins.
    If the character has a chest which is at least 30 item levels below then SLB HC cost only 75 coins. (50% discount)
    If the character has Lightsworn Battleplate then SLB HC cost 57 coins. (62% discount)
    If the character has Sanctified Lightsworn Battleplate Normal then SLB HC cost 38 coins. (75% discount)

3. Just want to throw this idea in:
    What about making items expensive but no requirements are necessary to buy a item but when certain requirements are reached the item gets significant cheaper.

For example,
    DBW HC cost by default 150 coins.
    If the character has a trinket which is at least 30 item levels below DBW HC then DBW HC cost only 75 coins. (50% discount)
    If the character has DBW normal then DBW HC cost only 38 coins. (75% discount)

In case of a set item it could work like this:
    Sanctified Lightsworn Battleplate HC cost by default 150 coins.
    If the character has a chest which is at least 30 item levels below then SLB HC cost only 75 coins. (50% discount)
    If the character has Lightsworn Battleplate then SLB HC cost 57 coins. (62% discount)
    If the character has Sanctified Lightsworn Battleplate Normal then SLB HC cost 38 coins. (75% discount)
    Its easy to avoid that rule, just buy random trinket for EoF, buy DBW HC from market, refund trinket to vendor and get ur EoFs back...

4. Its easy to avoid that rule, just buy random trinket for EoF, buy DBW HC from market, refund trinket to vendor and get ur EoFs back...
    Yes that could be abused. Same applies to raids that trade a boss loot between several ppl so everybody gets the discount.
    As far I know items that u bought with EoF and BoP items that u loot in a raid can only be refunded and traded for 2 hours.
    To avoid that this is getting abused it could be necessary that the character wears the item for at least 1 day in order to get a coin discount in the marketplace..
    Edited: October 17, 2015

5. A server without donations isn't "hardcore." It's either a non-existent server or one with a monthly fee.

Things cost money. Maintaining a server of this quality takes a very nice chunk of money. Those are plain facts and the people and services we have to pay unfortunately don't tend to join in the "hardcore" vibe of doing things for free. While waving "I'm a donor" as some sort of badge that gives special rights is a mistake, so is acting like we can do away with donations on Lordaeron. People really need to get that through their skulls. What allows you people claiming that "hardcore has no donations" to play for free is exactly the donations you're wanting to not exist.
    This is true, but hardcore shoul de hardcore, hence put only vanity and no longer obtainable ingame items in shop, nsme colors, codmetic stuff as a reward for donations.
    On the hardcore side of things, just say: everyone who wants to donate, do so, with nothing in return, except the feeling of keeping the server allive. Remember: donation= benevoulous, means you give without expecting anything in return.
    For the oh item x is too expendive, read above, or consider this: preety soon que skipping donations will be required for hardcore raiding, abd if you want just one item, donate now 23, 2 weeks from now 23, and preety soon you have the item server has funds.
    To obnoxious: all private servers are FREE, remember that, donation is benevolous. A serve with no donaations is not a big one, but it is a tight, unite comunity

6. This is true, but hardcore shoul de hardcore, hence put only vanity and no longer obtainable ingame items in shop, nsme colors, codmetic stuff as a reward for donations.
    On the hardcore side of things, just say: everyone who wants to donate, do so, with nothing in return, except the feeling of keeping the server allive. Remember: donation= benevoulous, means you give without expecting anything in return.
    For the oh item x is too expendive, read above, or consider this: preety soon que skipping donations will be required for hardcore raiding, abd if you want just one item, donate now 23, 2 weeks from now 23, and preety soon you have the item server has funds.
    To obnoxious: all private servers are FREE, remember that, donation is benevolous. A serve with no donaations is not a big one, but it is a tight, unite comunity
    I considering giving a longer reply to this, but my gut feeling tells me it would be pointless.
    So I'll just ask you this: how many times and how much have you donated, and how much of that was just "benevolous" (sic), meaning the coins are still sitting in your account unused?

PS: a server without donations isn't a big one, nor a "tight, united community" - it's an amateur server, run on someone's PC, using a house connection and without any ambition or hopes of ever growing past needing that to host its hundred-or-so players.

7. I considering giving a longer reply to this, but my gut feeling tells me it would be pointless.
    So I'll just ask you this: how many times and how much have you donated, and how much of that was just "benevolous" (sic), meaning the coins are still sitting in your account unused?

PS: a server without donations isn't a big one, nor a "tight, united community" - it's an amateur server, run on someone's PC, using a house connection and without any ambition or hopes of ever growing past needing that to host its hundred-or-so players.
    you can see how and when i donated on my account. the how much stuff is exactly the kind of bad mojo old molten was known for!
    On all the accounts i donated over time, big or small amounts, i did so out of good will! did i use coins for mounts/items? yes. would i have dinated if there were no coin benefits? yes! why didn't i donate lately? my monetary situation doesn't allow me. has your smart reply encouraged me to do so? no! afer 7 years on molten, trust me, ppl donate to donate, i know countless ppl who gave 100+ euros att imes tot he server and did nothing with the coins1 pleay away from the how much yoase sttu donated stuff, players hate that, and we are all players

8. afer 7 years on molten, trust me, ppl donate to donate
    No, they dont. Maybe a small minority donates just to support the server but most ppl donate for the reward.

9. Remember frostwolf charity reamlist drama,people donate for gear and donate to be op somehow,i remember when they allowed donation on frostwolf and all those pvpers from neltharions where saying:" it's time to go to frostwolf and farm thoses noobs" and n only one month all the ladder changed and population just dropeed (frostwolf used to be the most populated).Donors at that time won't even step into a frostwolf if they would not be able to buy gear and so it will be for Lordaeron,if we don't found the right balance it will finish the same way, we have to learn from mistakes.

10. i know countless ppl who gave 100+ euros att imes tot he server and did nothing with the coins1
    Everyone seems to know countless of everything, but never list anything. Very, very few people do that. The vast majority who ends up being responsible for the largest chunk of the funds used to maintain our services come from people who want to use the coins on something - just like you did.

did i use coins for mounts/items? yes.
    So you aren't someone who will donate, who has donated in the past and used all the coins, but want people to now donate and not do what you did, keeping the coins instead? How exactly is that fair?

has your smart reply encouraged me to do so? no!
    If you wanted to make a donation - especially one out of the goodness of your heart - you would do so despite my "smart reply."

Players have to understand this thread isn't about whether players want equipment in the shop or not - they will be there, because it's what actually generates enough donations. This thread was more of an announcement and to gather opinions about the suggested costs we set up - from people who are up to making a donation to help Lordaeron. It's obvious that most people without any plans of donating will say there should be no items or that they should be so costly no one will get them, but that's a disservice as far as server maintenance costs go.

No one is forced to donate, we offer our servers for free, but the least you can do is accept that for you to not be paying a subscription someone else has to be donating and basically paying it for you. We can't tell our service providers to "go hardcore with us" and to give it to us for free. That's not how real life works. Feel free to not consider Lordaeron "hardcore" because of that if you like, but the whole "hardcore" claim is getting as annoying as the "blizz-like."

11. afer 7 years on molten,

Since when Molten is 7 years old?Molten was brought to my knowledge on 7.12.2009 (forum was made around 20-30th.11.2009.
    So hows that 7 years?

And yeah,you will either donate or not,Obnoxious's comments have nothing to do with that.
    I donated first to skip que and to buy some gear (back in 2011).
    But over time i liked the server ,and i donated pretty frequently (not so much last year tho ).Prolly will donate now since Lord is active for several items on my toons.

And yeah,id be expecting to waste my coins on something.Perhaps not if i donated basic amount which is 7gb.but since i donate much more when i donate il buy something with that money.

Regards.

12. I considering giving a longer reply to this, but my gut feeling tells me it would be pointless.
    I've donated for about 500 coins on this account about a month ago and I don't think I've used any of them and have no immediate plans to do so. Mainly because this is an alt account and I already have a main account with a lot of fully geared toons. This account exists mainly in case something happens to the payment processor- it's kind of a bank account online since I know some private servers don't have convenient ways to donate and I'm not going to assume Paymentwall will always be there.

Having said that, I'll repeat what would make me donate on Lordaeron and that's if, say, paying $100 for the Foror bag (or a certain amount of donations for anything) let you skip login queues. I think you guys are underestimating how much the removal of that perk discourages donations. It's perfectly fine if you want to continue that policy, I'll still play and wait in line.

But I'm just not tempted to buy much else on a hardcore server because doing it yourself and earning it yourself are kind of the basic points of playing on a hardcore server. For that reason, I don't plan to ever buy gear on Lordaeron, even though I have on other Warmane severs, because I want to earn any gear I get on this server.
    Edited: October 17, 2015

13. Item donations are a must, its what keeps servers alive.
    Just to maybe suggest something
    -no trading on Lordareon (marketplace trading) since it could kill some things. Lets say ICC items cost 200 coins on marketplace, then you could sell ICC boe items on trade for 40-50 coins and use those on another realm. Therefore no marketplace trading.
    -Make icc hc items purchesable by people with King Slayer only. Character bound.

14. A server without donations isn't "hardcore." It's either a non-existent server or one with a monthly fee.

For example: the hypermarket doesn't earn money from the free parking zone, the advertising, or the nice decoration. These are needs, if they want people to take the store seriously. Thats what the staff has to understand, if wants further succes. It's a chance for you to be a serious server, or to be a junk, as all other private servers (compared to official game experience). People, As I wrote at the previous site, there are tons of stuffs, that you can sell without damaging the original game experience. And yeah, it's not yet a hardcore server, rather just an overpriced one.

15. For example: the hypermarket doesn't earn money from the free parking zone, the advertising, or the nice decoration. These are needs, if they want people to take the store seriously. Thats what the staff has to understand, if wants further succes. It's a chance for you to be a serious server, or to be a junk, as all other private servers (compared to official game experience). People, As I wrote at the previous site, there are tons of stuffs, that you can sell without damaging the original game experience. And yeah, it's not yet a hardcore server, rather just an overpriced one.
    You mean like a webpage, Forums, a page on Facebook, YouTube channel and the like?
    We already got our "free parking, advertising and nice decoration" covered.

Now show me a hympermarket where you go in, take any products you want, in the amount you want, and are able to walk out without paying, only the very few people who feel generous leave some money as a donation, not expecting anything in return - and one that sustains itself on that business model, of course.

First ... 51314151617 ... Last