1. How am I imposing anything? I just state simple FACTS. So what there were/are PvE servers with an option of disabling world PvP? Blizzard made several mistakes with their game and one of them are PvE realms. Not a single person who gets what MMORPG genre is takes PvE realms for serious. Go try explaining how world PvP in such a game should be "optional". Let me remind you that in this game there two factions being at war with one another and players get to choose races that belong to said factions. Taking under consideration this context stating "world PvP in WoW is optional" makes absolutely no sense.

Well, in general they are but of course there are noobs everywhere. Let's face it - you're bunch of clickers, you key turn and in general you suck at controlling your character (maybe that's the reason why not standing in the fire is hard for you). PvP teaches you NOT to do that while in PvE it's acceptable. How is it arrogant? It's plain truth.
    PvE realms aren't serious? Ok. You just lost the argument. I won't even bother replying to your posts any longer. They're simply full of sh*t. I don't have anything else to say to you. Well, I'll say one thing, Guild Wars 2.

2. I actually disagree....the whole thing about the level cap is not to experience the TBC "leveling content" and areas....its about the raids and dungeons
    you can experience the leveling areas just fine with the x1 exp gain....traveling fast is not an issue at all...and I think this suggestion's cons are more than its pros.

Btw....if we are going to do this we should have got our first mounts in vanilla at level 40 and our fast mounts at 60...."to experience the whole content and prevent fast leveling " :D

3. If they would make this happend you would be able to do those when you hit 70
    Well that's even more ******ed since we are suppose to do them for quests.
    Cant believe its 2015 and people are still this dumb.

Giving you a personal xD

4. Arrogant because you believe yourself and all PVPrs are superior to PVErs in terms of skill... So you say running around a pillar "Yeah, it does take more skill" and that any moron can down lich king 25 hc? Minecraft called they want their PVPr back.

Not gonna waste my time with a bigot like you, Peace.
    i can totaly be arrogant to say that it takes more to properly run around a pillar than 25 LK hc, and that is because if u try 100 times to kill LK he will do the same 100 times, u can play 100 times agianst the same opponent if hes good he will use 100 diferent tactis and rape you , you cant understand that because you assume arenas is all about running around a pillar, wich means ur just a lowbie who never past 1500 rating because his IQ does not allow him to

5. i can totaly be arrogant to say that it takes more to properly run around a pillar than 25 LK hc, and that is because if u try 100 times to kill LK he will do the same 100 times, u can play 100 times agianst the same opponent if hes good he will use 100 diferent tactis and rape you , you cant understand that because you assume arenas is all about running around a pillar, wich means ur just a lowbie who never past 1500 rating because his IQ does not allow him to

First of all mate remove that "qt" at the end it makes you look stupid and unoriginal, secondly if the fact that blizzard takes more time, resources and effort making PVE content doesn't tell you anything then i don't really know what does, when was the last new bg? four years ago? have you been to Ashran or should i say Trashran? arenas are full of cheaters and boosted characters battlegrounds are full of botters i mean BOTTERS EVEN BOTTERS CAN PVP LOL, PVP does not take more skill than PVE please don't go around saying that pillaring takes more skill that downing LK 25HC, have you killed mythic Archimonde in retail? no? then dont freaking go around spitting crap about PVE. Lol like for example ANY kid back in vanilla that stayed 24/7 grinding kills could get Warlord but not any moron could step into Naxxramas, i understand you mate killing lowbies at Darkshire ain't fun anymore because since nobody cares enough to go and stop you, you can't show them how great of a PVPr you are, its sad really all these so called pvprs spitting crap about how hard getting boosted and pillaring in arena is lol every noob knows that PVP is all about picking the right race HUMAN, i mean even a fetus no, sperm can pvp roflmaoo go back to your MOBA little billy they really miss their low IQ monkey there, get rekt m8.

Just gonna leave this here.
    Edited: October 18, 2015

6. Spoiler: Show
    First of all mate remove that "qt" at the end it makes you look stupid and unoriginal, secondly if the fact that blizzard takes more time, resources and effort making PVE content doesn't tell you anything then i don't really know what does, when was the last new bg? four years ago? have you been to Ashran or should i say Trashran? arenas are full of cheaters and boosted characters battlegrounds are full of botters i mean BOTTERS EVEN BOTTERS CAN PVP LOL, PVP does not take more skill than PVE please don't go around saying that pillaring takes more skill that downing LK 25HC, have you killed mythic Archimonde in retail? no? then dont freaking go around spitting crap about PVE. Lol like for example ANY kid back in vanilla that stayed 24/7 grinding kills could get Warlord but not any moron could step into Naxxramas, i understand you mate killing lowbies at Darkshire ain't fun anymore because since nobody cares enough to go and stop you, you can't show them how great of a PVPr you are, its sad really all these so called pvprs spitting crap about how hard getting boosted and pillaring in arena is lol every noob knows that PVP is all about picking the right race HUMAN, i mean even a fetus no, sperm can pvp roflmaoo go back to your MOBA little billy they really miss their low IQ monkey there, get rekt m8.

This has to be bait. I refuse to believe this is not bait.

Edit: Now that I actually read past the first 2 lines, I am 100% sure it's bait. It's just trying way too hard to be ******ed.

7. Sadly Vukodlak people are really that dumb and think raids are harder than PvP. This guy probably never passed 1500 rating, clicks on his skills with a cursor, backpedalls, key-turns and he's a wannabe hardcore raider thinking he's awesome at the game. It's like a guy who lives with his head placed in his *** and thinks there is no better smell than the one comming from his own anus.

If you're getting boosted (someone plays your character) it's not you whose playing PvP and it's not you who reached that nice rating so your point sucks. I could tell you the same about raids - someone buys fully PvE geared character while not being on a single raid. HURR DURR even boosted people can raid! No bots in PvE? Yeah, sure... Cause it's harder to write a bot to not stand in the fire, right?

I hope Lordaeron staff will remove fly mounts for a time so we can farm dragon slayers easier. :3

8. I hope Lordaeron staff will remove fly mounts for a time so we can farm dragon slayers easier. :3
    I hope Lordaeron staff won't remove fly mounts for a time so you can't farm dragon slayers easier. :3
    Attention horse.

P.S.: Ooh, I just can't wait to see the poll results, should the staff even consider this bulls**t.

9. It's possible to create a PvE encounter which is unbeatable for any player.

It's not possible to create a PvP encounter/situation which is unbeatable for any player.

All you pvp warriors should stop making such an embarrassment out of yourselves by spitting out such non sense.Both high tier pvp and pve are hard, and you can't compare the two.

10. Wth am I reading. PvE is meant to be beaten after you learned the sequence. Its just a programmed dance. You could make a script to defeat most bosses in WOTLK because they have very simple, phase mechanics. In PvP you can script things like instant CS/ kickbots but if you lack class knowledge that is going to be useless.

If we talk about MoP and WoD, yeah PvE may be closer to PvP because they dumbed down PvP a lot and made actually intereseting mechanics for PvE besides hit the dude and dodge the fire and kill the ads. But in wotlk? Not even close.

ON TOPIC: Most fresh 60's won't even have gold for flying so... Disabling it would make sense but people who got 60 in 2 days and farmed 10k gold will be angry.

11. Sadly Vukodlak people are really that dumb and think raids are harder than PvP. This guy probably never passed 1500 rating, clicks on his skills with a cursor, backpedalls, key-turns and he's a wannabe hardcore raider thinking he's awesome at the game. It's like a guy who lives with his head placed in his *** and thinks there is no better smell than the one comming from his own anus.

If you're getting boosted (someone plays your character) it's not you whose playing PvP and it's not you who reached that nice rating so your point sucks. I could tell you the same about raids - someone buys fully PvE geared character while not being on a single raid. HURR DURR even boosted people can raid! No bots in PvE? Yeah, sure... Cause it's harder to write a bot to not stand in the fire, right?

I hope Lordaeron staff will remove fly mounts for a time so we can farm dragon slayers easier. :3
    I never said such things that raids are harder than pvp you are the noob that keeps saying that one is harder than the other, yea no wonder more people reach high ratings in arena in retail than people who beat mythic Archimonde, dude you are the moron who keeps saying that without pvp there can be no MMORPG, how stupid can you be? do you know what an MMORPG means? Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, do you see any Player versus Player there, PVP in an MMORPG is just a bonus an addition and nothing more! i think you are to busy watching your small epeen to realize that in fact what you are talking about is MOBA Multiplayer Online Battle Arena there the pvp is essential, in a MMORPG no it is not essential in a MMORPG its more about PVE, it is easy to see why the most populated servers on retail are PVE, but obviously you are too poor to pay for retail :/ that is why Blizzard puts more time,resources and effort into designing PVE content, lay down the pot already stoney its really making you look more ******ed than you are man. Not going to keep answering to these PVPrs really lmaoo their arguments make them look more stupid i mean no proof that their are rank 1 god in arenas only the hate for PVErs i bet that a REAL pvpr doesn't go around spitting crap about how difficult pvp is, as i said once go back to your MOBA we dont want you and your toxicity towards half the community here.

12. exdiii bestestest idea ever i think pvp is le fun lvl 60-70 :^)
    Edited: October 19, 2015

13. Just to put simple argument.How do you expect to level at all with 4k people (lets take average 4k 60's) with no flying mount and hellfire peninsula decked out.

1st.Mob respawn would have to be so dynamic (it differs from when Lordaeron opened since each was in their respective zone without any form of pvp and it still was trouble ).
    2.With so many pvp active you would literally spend few days gathering a few quests while being ganked on zounds level.

3.It would already burden server (it WILL BURDEN anyways,expect chaos ) but with flying mounts which are integral type of game (WOTLK) everything is normalized.More or less.Also point is to not PVP at 60,but 80.This is purely passing stone to 70 to discover bug in instances and raids and to report them,and to wait for Wrath launch.

14. no wonder more people reach high ratings in arena in retail than people who beat mythic Archimonde!
    Top PvPrs don't care about slaying some "mythic" dragon called Archimonde but they could easily do that. Why would they waste their time on that?

dude you are the moron who keeps saying that without pvp there can be no MMORPG, how stupid can you be? do you know what an MMORPG means? Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, do you see any Player versus Player there, PVP in an MMORPG is just a bonus an addition and nothing more
    How RP it is in this game to be an orc and not being able to attack a human in contested zone for example? It's completely senseless and has nothing to do with the game's context. Do I really need to explain to you what Horde, Alliance and all the other things are? That's why "PvE" realms are joke and always will be. If you're writing about BGs/arenas you could have a point but also how "RP" it is to do the SAME raid hundreds of times and slaying SAME bosses all the time? Are they somehow immortal or what? Nothing is said about that so why do players have ability to kill same "RP" boss infinite times? Yes, it's MMO>RP<G , NOT A DUNGEON CRAWLER. Raids are nothing more but a bonus for mentally limited people.

i think you are to busy watching your small epeen to realize that in fact what you are talking about is MOBA Multiplayer Online Battle Arena there the pvp is essential,
    I think you're too busy watching your small PvEpeen to realise the fact WORLD PVP IS ABSOLUTELY IN LINE WITH THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME WHILE RAIDS AS THEY ARE, AREN'T.

in a MMORPG no it is not essential in a MMORPG its more about PVE
    PvE maybe. Raids? No. MMORPG isn't really about dungeon crawling.

it is easy to see why the most populated servers on retail are PVE
    There are a lot of morons who like Justin Bieber's music. Does that mean his music is good?

but obviously you are too poor to pay for retail :/
    Comes from a guy who he himself plays here. What you're doing here then? You ran out of money? Damn, too bad...

that is why Blizzard puts more time,resources and effort into designing PVE content
    And that is why this game becomes more terrible with each expansion. Blizzard started catering to needs of stupid since WotLK.

Not going to keep answering to these PVPrs really lmaoo their arguments make them look more stupid i mean no proof that their are rank 1 god in arenas only the hate for PVErs i bet that a REAL pvpr doesn't go around spitting crap about how difficult pvp is, as i said once go back to your MOBA we dont want you and your toxicity towards half the community here.
    Just admit Korora's argument crushed your dumb bots point and you have nothing else to pull out of your ***.

15. Top PvPrs don't care about slaying some "mythic" dragon called Archimonde but they could easily do that. Why would they waste their time on that?

How RP it is in this game to be an orc and not being able to attack a human in contested zone for example? It's completely senseless and has nothing to do with the game's context. Do I really need to explain to you what Horde, Alliance and all the other things are? That's why "PvE" realms are joke and always will be. If you're writing about BGs/arenas you could have a point but also how "RP" it is to do the SAME raid hundreds of times and slaying SAME bosses all the time? Are they somehow immortal or what? Nothing is said about that so why do players have ability to kill same "RP" boss infinite times? Yes, it's MMO>RP<G , NOT A DUNGEON CRAWLER. Raids are nothing more but a bonus for mentally limited people.

I think you're too busy watching your small PvEpeen to realise the fact WORLD PVP IS ABSOLUTELY IN LINE WITH THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME WHILE RAIDS AS THEY ARE, AREN'T.

PvE maybe. Raids? No. MMORPG isn't really about dungeon crawling.

There are a lot of morons who like Justin Bieber's music. Does that mean his music is good?

Comes from a guy who he himself plays here. What you're doing here then? You ran out of money? Damn, too bad...

And that is why this game becomes more terrible with each expansion. Blizzard started catering to needs of stupid since WotLK.

Just admit Korora's argument crushed your dumb bots point and you have nothing else to pull out of your ***.
    I really hope either one or both of you are trolling.
    I don't see why you're going on and on with this pointless PvE vs. PvP debate. At this point, I don't think anyone cares what else you have to say about it.

This thread is a discussion about flying mounts in TBC when it's released on Lordaeron.
    In my eyes, this is a 3.3.5a server and we were promised progressive WotLK content. Arguments like changing flying to level 70 instead of 60 for the sake of it being more like how it was during retail TBC don't make any sense because this is the 3.3.5a client, where flying is allowed at 60.

The question of whether it's a TBC realm or not is irrelevant. It obviously isn't. It was never the argument that it is. It is, however, a realm that intends to remain locked in the TBC period, as it were, for some duration of time, and which intends to deliver a satisfying and blizzlike TBC experience while it's at it.

Also, PVP prior to level-cap has ALWAYS been imbalanced. Even at level-cap, 1v1 has always been imbalanced. There's going to be a fresh wave of people crying about said imbalance once Northrend is here, and if they're really unhappy with not being able to fly until a certain level is reached because of PVP, then perhaps Lordaeron isn't their cup of tea.

Locking experience at level 60 isn't 3.3.5 blizzlike. Disabling the RDF isn't 3.3.5 blizzlike. Buffing several raid bosses significantly to account for WotLK talents isn't 3.3.5 blizzlike. Yet all those actions were taken with the aim of providing a Vanilla experience that more closely matches what actual Vanilla was like. The suggestion in the OP is, in principal, exactly the same.

Indeed. It's remarkable how people will completely ignore the many merits of the suggestions and instead turn the thread into a whine-fest about PVP.

Outland where we can fly at level 60 would just be the same Outland tonnes of us have been through several times over. Outland where flying is restricted until 70 (i.e. original Outland) would be something new entirely.
    I don't really think the intention is to strive for a more blizzlike experience for each expansion. It has been stated many times by the devs and others that the release schedule was laid out the way it is to allow for more time to fix bugs.

If we were to follow this logic, maybe we should spend a year on TBC, bring back attunements and release raids 1 tier at a time. Oh also, forget about your 60% mount at 20 and 100% at 40, let's just put that back to how it REALLY was in vanilla (said no one on this realm ever).
    Warmane might as well put out a 2.4.3 client for everyone to download so it is the maximum blizzlike...

You likely won't be flying until 77 in Northrend. You'll get your fix of ground mount restricted W-PvP then.
    Edited: October 19, 2015

First ... 45678 Last